• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has Norton Security Deluxe for 5 Devices (PC/Mac Download) on sale for $19.99 for Amazon Prime Members.

 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Please put price in title

rated:
Do I need this if I have MS Security Essentials and Windows Defender installed on my PC?

rated:
It sounded like I will get Amazon prime if I buy the software...

rated:
duke5150 said:   Do I need this if I have MS Security Essentials and Windows Defender installed on my PC?
  Yes! They both do a mediocre job.  

rated:
Just a reminder that many providers offer anti virus for free, Comcast, ATT just do a search for free Comcast Anti Virus, as long as you are using them as a ISP it works.

rated:
Please avoid this AV. It is pretty bad. I see tons fo computers come in wih Norton and McAfee. Please research online, check out AV comparatives. A solid AV is cheap insurance and with the evolving infections putting something solid in place as part of a layered approach is the best plan. I recommend Emsisoft along with a good cloud backup and OpenDNS.

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   
duke5150 said:   Do I need this if I have MS Security Essentials and Windows Defender installed on my PC?
  Yes! They both do a mediocre job.  

  Nothing is as bad as Norton has been for the past 20 years!    You would have a hard time finding malware that will affect your computer worse than Norton itself.

rated:
Charter's free security group is powered by F-Secure. This and Malwarebytes provide a safe environment. I used to buy AV products years ago, but it was always FAR. Yeah, Norton used to be great, but then when it went bad it really went bad and stayed there.

rated:
If it helps at all, you can always find a quick comparison with test results & ratings at av-test.org -- it's one of the sources PC Mag etc. look at when they review security software.

RE: the 3rd post, Microsoft's Security Essentials is their free, optional app for older versions of Windows. Windows Defender comes as part of 10, but is only turned off if you add 3rd party security software -- if that 3rd party stuff expires &/or isn't updated Defender turns back on automatically. Ratings aren't great at Av-Test, but it *may* be the least intrusive choice -- better protection costs you in terms of annoyance & performance.

rated:
vipercon said:   
Marvinomatic said:   
duke5150 said:   Do I need this if I have MS Security Essentials and Windows Defender installed on my PC?
  Yes! They both do a mediocre job.  

  Nothing is as bad as Norton has been for the past 20 years!    You would have a hard time finding malware that will affect your computer worse than Norton itself.

  I've been using Norton for ten years! It catches all kinds of bad software. It works for me!

rated:
It's fixed now.  Thanks!

rated:
importcf said:   Please avoid this AV. It is pretty bad. I see tons fo computers come in wih Norton and McAfee. Please research online, check out AV comparatives. A solid AV is cheap insurance and with the evolving infections putting something solid in place as part of a layered approach is the best plan. I recommend Emsisoft along with a good cloud backup and OpenDNS.
  surely you are joking or hawking.

rated:
Thanks for posting this. Very helpful for me.

rated:
To be honest, Norton has always been too intrusive on computers since I was little. Too many popups advertising their services and making noise. My family stopped using their software some years ago. We started using Avast and AVG. If you have ad-block, you've already done 90% of the work for the antivirus.

For people who aren't tech savvy, though, I must recommend Avast Antivirus. Not that the antivirus is any better, but because that program includes so many nice tools. My mom particularly likes the browser cleaner tool because of toolbars and whatnot. 

rated:
Ordered 1, thanks op. I use Norton from 2010 for all computer and laptop in my home, so far no problems. Considering the memory and system of computer these days, Norton is OK for me and my family. I think it is depending the website you wana go to encounter the virus.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016