• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This seems like a pretty darn good deal. Anyone got any experience with this one or Acer laptops in general?

rated:
Looks to have last year's video card, if I'm not mistaken. However good.

rated:
asking for some opinions from the peanut gallery.

The one from this post, or THIS ONE from BestBuy (it was $599.99 the other day when I picked it up for the wife).  I can always return the one I already bought, but cant decide which would be a better laptop for the wife long term. Thanks for you thoughts.

rated:
@Txlonghorn1989 ...I have an Acer laptop. They are very good day to day laptops and get the job done...Much better than the garbage HP laptops

rated:
FWIW, read a couple of reviews on Amazon for what looks like essentially the same laptop but without the 256GB SSD drive and there were a few complaints for the very slow wifi.  It was enough to put me off buying one.

rated:
737I still have my 4yo and 10yo Acer laptops.  The 10yo is way too slow to do anything (it had AMD Sempron originally replaced w AMD Turion years later) but it still works.

The screen quality is unknown, other than that there is nothing wrong with it.  Must be a pretty good buy especially with 8% eBay bucks.

rated:
BigKahunaFSU said:   asking for some opinions from the peanut gallery.

The one from this post, or THIS ONE from BestBuy (it was $599.99 the other day when I picked it up for the wife).  I can always return the one I already bought, but cant decide which would be a better laptop for the wife long term. Thanks for you thoughts.

It really depends on whats more important to you...  graphic performance or versatility.   They are both running the i5-7200u cpu..   its a perfectly good kabytrail chip... and comes with intel hd 620 graphics built in.   That GPU benches at around 920 on passmark...  the 950m gpu in the Original post benchmarks just under 1800...   so its nearly twice as fast... of course it will use a lot more power too when your using it.     The bottom line on graphics... unless your playing major games or do 3d rendering with iray you really won't notice a difference. 

The best buy model you bought is a 2-in-1 so its more versatile in being usable as a tablet... and touch screens are a lot easier for some to navigate around with than a trackpad.   Touchscreens also have glass covers over the screen so they are easier to clean. 

In general I'd go with the 2-in-1 for general use...  unless graphics the extra graphics are a requirement. 

rated:
[Duplicate post]

rated:
BigKahunaFSU said:   asking for some opinions from the peanut gallery.

The one that you bought from BestBuy is IMO quite expensive due to the lack of dedicated graphic card (NVIDIA Geforce 950M or other models). With Intel HD graphic, you will never be able to play any decent game (maybe you can at very minimum settings). Intel HD graphic series cost like $10-$20/each while other NVIDIA graphic cards cost you around $100/each. The one from eBay in this topic uses NVIDIA Geforce 950M, which is good enough for you to do some intense graphic work (and play games, too), but the one from BestBuy is just only for your business work with an additional 2-in-1 touchscreen feature (definitely not for engineering, designing, or gaming, but good for work).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016