• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

DieHard 4 Gauge Jumper Cables: Start with Sears
$34.99 + FSP
http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-20ft-450a-4-gauge-booster-cable/p-02871304000P

4 Gauge Booster Cable Kit Makes it Easy to Jumpstart Your Car 4 Gauge Jumper Cables come as part of a booster cable kit that provides everything that you need to safely jumpstart your car or truck. The 4 gauge pure copper wire comes with 20 feet that makes it easy to jumpstart your vehicle from a variety of positions. This length is great for front-to-front, side-to-side, and even front-to-back hookups. The 450 amp rated cable can has the maximum amp handling power to help keep you safe. 4 Gauge Booster Cable Kit also includes a case, gloves, and safety glasses to make the job as safe and easy as possible. The color coded cables help you avoid confusion with easy polarity identification. This set is perfect for vehicle jump starting in all weather conditions. Terminal biting clamps are combined with a heavy duty spring to give you vise-like gripping power that holds tight when you need it most.

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

Moderator Comment: Edited to clean link. — Nov. 22, 2016 @ 6:12am
rated:
I have these, and might consider buying a 2nd set. I only have V8 vehicles, and the one time I used them, they worked perfectly. Other than being a little difficult to get back into the case, I have no complains.

To be clear, the DieHard cables and the ones at Amazon aren't apples to apples comparison. Here's a snip from the reviews:

Diehard Reviewer at Sears' site:

Can't get any better or heavier than this.

It is definitely pure copper, none of that aluminum coated non-sense you normal find for $20 that'll break after 4 uses. They are not as thick as previously envisioned, but they are substantially thicker than the spaghetti I almost bought at O'Reilly auto for $25, and they were no were near as heavy as these, nor did they come with a plastic storage case, or gloves, or protective glasses. These feel like they will survive the apocalypse if it ever gets here. The clamps are pretty tight, they won't release a grip anytime soon, they are also not made of cheap plastic. The clamps are full metal with anti-corrosive, anti-conductive paint, which shouldn't chip if taken care of properly. They are not too excessively long, but it's better too long than too short. Standard 4-gauge wire would run $40 for one 20 foot length, but this has two lengths, so 40 feet of 4-gauge for just under $60 is quite a deal since these normally retail for $79.99 which is appropriate for 40 feet of pure copper 4-gauge. As of now (only receiving this heavy thing), I've had it for about 3 hours and I can tell they are going to last as long as I live, granted they don't get lost or stolen or mis-treated.

Amazon reviews of the $26 set:

The length of these cabe is nice but the cabel itself is copper coated aluminum also he insulation is not very thick and the clamps are a bit flimsy.

or

Didn't realize they were low quality aluminum until I recieved them and they aren't half the weight of my copper set. They are very quite about them being aluminum.

End run - Good cables should last decades, I wouldn't skimp on them.

rated:
My mother bought me a pair of the Diehard pure copper cables when I got my irst car over 30 years ago. There are still going strong. This is a great deal. I need something for my other car.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016