• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Dell Inspiron 3000 Series Desktop with Intel Quad Core i7-6700 16GB 2TB Win 7 Pro 2GB Video
$599
http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&oc=cai3650w7pb223&dgc=BF

There is a $352.56 instant discount on this system (Limited time)
Apply $180 off coupon code "599INSPIRON" on it (Expires 11/27/2016 or after 800 Users)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Worked X 4 for me.  Thanks, OP!

rated:
this has went on sale before for $579. but cashback is higher now.

rated:
Thanks, nice system for the price. You could hardly build the same system
yourself for this cost, plus ship it for free.
After 12% ebates and my credit card 1.5% discount my cost is about $518.
I priced my total cost to build the same components about $495.

rated:
is the i7 chip removable off this system, or soldered in?

rated:
Tacoma99 said:   Thanks, nice system for the price. You could hardly build the same system
yourself for this cost, plus ship it for free.
After 12% ebates and my credit card 1.5% discount my cost is about $518.
I priced my total cost to build the same components about $495.

  In fact, you couldn't build this system for the same price. If you need a business desktop with lots of computing power, this is a good deal.

That said, if you're using it for home use, it's likely not worth it. Why? Because there are no home apps that can make use of an i7, and the PSU in these systems is so weak that it completely cripples the system. You can't add a decent graphics card.

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
Tacoma99 said:   Thanks, nice system for the price. You could hardly build the same system
yourself for this cost, plus ship it for free.
After 12% ebates and my credit card 1.5% discount my cost is about $518.
I priced my total cost to build the same components about $495.

  In fact, you couldn't build this system for the same price. If you need a business desktop with lots of computing power, this is a good deal.



That said, if you're using it for home use, it's likely not worth it. Why? Because there are no home apps that can make use of an i7, and the PSU in these systems is so weak that it completely cripples the system. You can't add a decent graphics card.
 

  
Do you know of a Dell desktop that has a bigger psu in this price range? 

rated:
For those who work for a Dell company or those with family/friends who do, the Dell employee discount codes will not stack/do not apply to this offer.

rated:
Thanks op

rated:
This is not the i7-6700K, lower speed and multiplier locked for those thinking of pulling the CPU

Not a lot of headroom to upgrade the video card because of the power supply.

rated:
Thanks OP. In for 2

rated:
drew2money said:   
canoeguy1 said:   
Tacoma99 said:   Thanks, nice system for the price. You could hardly build the same system
yourself for this cost, plus ship it for free.
After 12% ebates and my credit card 1.5% discount my cost is about $518.
I priced my total cost to build the same components about $495.

  In fact, you couldn't build this system for the same price. If you need a business desktop with lots of computing power, this is a good deal.



That said, if you're using it for home use, it's likely not worth it. Why? Because there are no home apps that can make use of an i7, and the PSU in these systems is so weak that it completely cripples the system. You can't add a decent graphics card.

  
Do you know of a Dell desktop that has a bigger psu in this price range? 

  No. Dell scrimps on the PSU's in ALL its systems, regardless of price. It's a spec that's usually not part of the consumer's buying decision, so they put the cheapest possible components in.

Even worse, in many of the systems, the PSU's have a non-standard form factor, and the cables to the motherboards are proprietary. Result: You can't upgrade them with aftermarket parts. You end up with a system that's no good for gaming, regardless of how good the CPU is.

In today's desktop market, I'm mystified why people pay $500+ for a crippled home-use desktop that can't do gaming. I got a good used Gateway/Acer 3rd gen i5 with 8 Gb ram, and WIndows, for $100 on eBay. Not a scratch on it. An i7 would not run one bit faster for home apps.
 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016