• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Cricket is offering the ZTE Grand X4 for $49.99 for new and existing customers. You will need to pay for one month of service with the phone.  Will be credited towards your next bill if you are an existing customer. https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones/zte-grand-x4.html?woo_campaign=Internal&woo_source=Homepage&woo_medium=HPC1&woo_content=ZTE_GrandX4
•5.5" HD display w/Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3.0
•Quad-core processing power w/4G LTE speed
•13 MP cam w/full HD video, 5 MP front cam
16gb memory, expandable SD card slot

Not as good as last year's Black Friday sale of 1/2 off Samsung phones. 

Member Summary

zte (18.57kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I don't suppose anyone knows if this model has NFC?  Called two corp stores and they could not answer that question. Specs on Cricket website does not list this for even the expensive Samsung phones that do indeed have this feature.

rated:
ljderm said:   I don't suppose anyone knows if this model has NFC?  Called two corp stores and they could not answer that question. Specs on Cricket website does not list this for even the expensive Samsung phones that do indeed have this feature.

I don't believe it has NFC - no info on ZTE's website and this website says no (although this info is from before it was offiically released): https://www.mobipicker.com/product/zte-grand-x4/

rated:
is this locked ? Can I unlock it for any carrier use ?

rated:
I hate to dwell on this, but doesn't anyone else on Cricket get tired of not being able to use Android Pay, with some of the special offers that we have seen this year?

I refuse to buy a $200-700 phone to do that. The lowest priced branded phone on Cricket with NFC capability looks like the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3, and I can't be 100% sure from Cricket's website that it has the chip.Other websites seem to think that it does.

rated:
I don't know about you guys but I have been having issues with Cricket Wireless service where I can't send/receive any MMS messages. I shows an download icon when a mms comes in, when I try to send a small pic, it will just spin and time out. Anyone else having this issue? Contacted Cricket and all they can do is tell me to delete and retype my APN settings. I am on the point of dropping Cricket and just go back to my Tmobile $30 5gb plan.

rated:
HKSturboKid said:   I don't know about you guys but I have been having issues with Cricket Wireless service where I can't send/receive any MMS messages. I shows an download icon when a mms comes in, when I try to send a small pic, it will just spin and time out. Anyone else having this issue? Contacted Cricket and all they can do is tell me to delete and retype my APN settings. I am on the point of dropping Cricket and just go back to my Tmobile $30 5gb plan.
  Are you using a Cricket phone or another carrier? I am using a TMO LG G3 and I had to switch from LTE to 4G and then it started to work. Can you browse the internet when this is happening? I was not able to even though it showed me as connected (LTE). Once I switched to 4G in my settings, I was always able to get MMS. Maybe try that???

rated:
ljderm said:   I hate to dwell on this, but doesn't anyone else on Cricket get tired of not being able to use Android Pay, with some of the special offers that we have seen this year?

I refuse to buy a $200-700 phone to do that. The lowest priced branded phone on Cricket with NFC capability looks like the Alcatel One Touch Idol 3, and I can't be 100% sure from Cricket's website that it has the chip.Other websites seem to think that it does.

yes the idol 3 has nfc.

rated:
boulos said:   
HKSturboKid said:   I don't know about you guys but I have been having issues with Cricket Wireless service where I can't send/receive any MMS messages. I shows an download icon when a mms comes in, when I try to send a small pic, it will just spin and time out. Anyone else having this issue? Contacted Cricket and all they can do is tell me to delete and retype my APN settings. I am on the point of dropping Cricket and just go back to my Tmobile $30 5gb plan.
  Are you using a Cricket phone or another carrier? I am using a TMO LG G3 and I had to switch from LTE to 4G and then it started to work. Can you browse the internet when this is happening? I was not able to even though it showed me as connected (LTE). Once I switched to 4G in my settings, I was always able to get MMS. Maybe try that???

boulos,

I am using a Nexus 6 unlocked that a lot of us got from last year Black Friday from Amazon for $200.   I can still browse the web when I can't send mms messages, I did some research and some points to marshmallow update causing this issue, some points to Cricket.   When this happens, I can use Whatsapp and WeChat to send out and receive pics which means my internet works ok.   But next time, I try to switch to 4g and see if that fixes the issue.   Thanks again.

rated:
I cannot download any picture from MMS when the sender is using Verizon. It is very frustrating, and I was told it was due to different default picture sizes that carriers use. However, when I send a pic to a Verizon user, they have no problem viewing.

rated:
I really want one of the no contract phones WalMart has sev in ad that look good but I'm sure will be flying off shelves.
I want one with a big screen. I have an iPhone 5 not sure if it's the s or c but whichever is smaller I've had nothing but problems with it. I get no service where I live (kind of rural) w/ Verizon. I got my son a ZTE att Togo phone (not sure of exact model but not the one above) and I can actually call people, the screen seems enormous compared to my iPhone. I got it for $50 at Best Buy in September but hasn't been on sale since. Anyone have an opinion on which no contract phone (w/ big screen) is best bargain? That is if I can get one in stock. Thx!!

rated:
  I used to have that issue until I changed the APN settings to what this link recommended:
cricket apn

If the automatic settings cricket gives you doesn't work, try to type it in manually. That's what I did anyways and now I receive and send picture texts perfectly fine on my LG G2. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016