SHOPRITE!! $20 Grocery Voucher on $100 GC purchase REPEATS 11/27-12/3 (see post)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
ShopRite Gift Card Deal is back again for another week! The Gift card deal will run from 11/27-12/3. The deal is Buy $100 or more in ANY gift cards between 11/25-11/26 and a $20 printed on your register receipt and is redeemable from 12/4 – 12/10. You must use your Price Plus Card when making the purchase of the card. There is a limit of 1 per customer. The $20 can not be used on future Gift Card purchases. Also Shoprite Gift cards are excluded from the deal

http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/... 

Buy Gas or Store Gift Card $100
Get a $20 print out on the bottom of your receipt
Use your gift card as you would have used cash
$20 Money Maker!

Buy Visa, Mastercard or American Express Card $100
Activation Fee: $4.95 – $5.95
Use your gift card as you would have used cash
as much as a $15.05 Money Maker after paying for the activation fee 

Member Summary

shoprite
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks. Ended up buying Lowes and BestBuy gift cards. Thereby saved additional ~$24 (activation) + $12 (cash back) = ~$3... (more)

FatWKing (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 3:57p) |

You did well, and should have no regrets.

Based on this year, be prepared for next year by doing the following:
- buy a Vi... (more)

ocean935 (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 7:42p) |

I got Disney GCs. However, someone was having issues with the HD GCs. They did not trigger the $20 coupon for some reaso... (more)

rsuaver (Dec. 05, 2016 @ 2:46p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, MC -- I love it when history repeats itself in a good way (they did the same back-to-back gift card deals last year).

When you get a minute, please edit the above to show the new purchase period of 11/27-12/3 -- I think you still have a reference to the BF deal in one place...

thanks MRC!! So I can go in 4x with 2 PP cards (wife and mine)get 80.00 in free food minus 24.00 in fees. One can go in this Fri or Sat AM and get 2 vouchers and then SUn and get 2 more. Last year it was 15.00 voucher the second week, I think. Problem is my 3 local stores are out of cards, but did see them this AM while picking up free turkey. happy holiday to all. To maximize the deal, the 200.00 cards would be best, but they seemed to have disappeared (maximize via a 3% of 6% cas back cc.)

barrytuneup said:   thanks MRC!! So I can go in 4x with 2 PP cards (wife and mine)get 80.00 in free food minus 24.00 in fees. One can go in this Fri or Sat AM and get 2 vouchers and then SUn and get 2 more. Last year it was 15.00 voucher the second week, I think. Problem is my 3 local stores are out of cards, but did see them this AM while picking up free turkey. happy holiday to all. To maximize the deal, the 200.00 cards would be best, but they seemed to have disappeared (maximize via a 3% of 6% cas back cc.)

Just remember, the grocery voucher earned on 11/27 will not be valid until the FOLLOWING week. starting 11/27 you can use the voucher earned on Black Friday.

Any prepaid debit card from Visa,Amex or MC that is $100 or above is a $5.95 fee, so a $14.05 MM.
If  you have a 6% Amex Preferred card, or any other high paying grocery % card, you might want to get the variable up to $500 cards, and pay only $1 more in fees, $6.95 total and earn up to another $24 in profit(on a 6% card).

veryhumble said:   Any prepaid debit card from Visa,Amex or MC that is $100 or above is a $5.95 fee, so a $14.05 MM.
If  you have a 6% Amex Preferred card, or any other high paying grocery % card, you might want to get the variable up to $500 cards, and pay only $1 more in fees, $6.95 total and earn up to another $24 in profit(on a 6% card).

Are the prepaid debit cards mentioned above redeemable for cash somewhere or do they have to be used to buy something? I don't like paying the fee for those cards so I usually get a no fee gift card for a merchant I know I will go to, or give the card as a gift to a family member. But if I could cash in the gift card that might be worth it since I have an Amex Preferred.

Putz2222 said:   
veryhumble said:   Any prepaid debit card from Visa,Amex or MC that is $100 or above is a $5.95 fee, so a $14.05 MM.

Are the prepaid debit cards mentioned above redeemable for cash somewhere or do they have to be used to buy something? I don't like paying the fee for those cards so I usually get a no fee gift card for a merchant I know I will go to, or give the card as a gift to a family member. But if I could cash in the gift card that might be worth it since I have an Amex Preferred.

Can't 'cash' it in, but you use it just like cash. can pay cell phone or cable bill online with it. or use it to buy groceries.

happy find

MISTERCHEAP said:   
Putz2222 said:   

Can't 'cash' it in, but you use it just like cash. can pay cell phone or cable bill online with it. or use it to buy groceries.

don't the visa gc work at WM for mo purchase like the Staples visa gc purchases?

MISTERCHEAP;19701372 said:
Putz2222 said:   

Are the prepaid debit cards mentioned above redeemable for cash somewhere or do they have to be used to buy something? I don't like paying the fee for those cards so I usually get a no fee gift card for a merchant I know I will go to, or give the card as a gift to a family member. But if I cou. d cash in the gift card that might be worth it since I have an Amex Preferred.

I pay my cell phone and cable bills with cc and get cash back for it. Too bad I can't pay the mortgage with cc. I don't see the benefit of paying $6 for the debit cards. Am I missing something?

My Amex Blue gives 3% cb on "grocery store" purchases. Variable $500 GC costs $6 but earns $15 in cb ($9 MM). And then you also have your $20 groceries for free!
Works for me.

brusbrother said:   My Amex Blue gives 3% cb on "grocery store" purchases. Variable $500 GC costs $6 but earns $15 in cb ($9 MM). And then you also have your $20 groceries for free!
Works for me.

The variable cards are usually $6.95 so a $8.05 mm for you.

brusbrother said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Putz2222 said:   

don't the visa gc work at WM for mo purchase like the Staples visa gc purchases?

Using the last 4 digits as your pin, you should be good for a MO,based on what I've read in other blogs.

Anyone know how a return on an item from the $20 voucher would be handled,would they give store credit for the item returned or would the item not be refunded?

veryhumble said:   Anyone know how a return on an item from the $20 voucher would be handled,would they give store credit for the item returned or would the item not be refunded?

Store credit typically. Shop Rite is good about refunds 

brusbrother said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
Putz2222 said:   

don't the visa gc work at WM for mo purchase like the Staples visa gc purchases?

maybe, BUT do you really want to fight crowds at WM this time of year? is it worth it?

SR does not sell 500 Visa cards any more (I think)They did have the 200 Visa (up here NYState)up till a few weeks ago. Now in 4 stores in my area they only have the 100.00 Visa. These are still good for the offers, but they are issued by Bancorp, which will NOT work for MO at WM. Just use for real spend.

why would anyone want to pay ANY fee? Are $100 gas cards not available?

The Visas are rollable.

Any equivalent of SR on the west coast?

do you have to pay fees if you purchase retail store cards (Macys, Lowes, Kohls)?

nice....I have 2 birthdays coming up which I usually buy gift cards!

aaryma said:   do you have to pay fees if you purchase retail store cards (MacysLowesKohls )?

no, there are no purchase fees on store/restaurant/eBay/Amazon type Gift Cards. 

moneynomore said:   Any equivalent of SR on the west coast?

Yes, Cheech and Chong's Food Emporium. 

I just went to buy the GC and when I went to check out the fine print said that you also needed to make a $20 qualifying purchase (GC, tobacco, medication,bla bla bla... didn't count). So I left

I don't want to spend $20 to get $20.. plus I don't shop there a lot..

CPAESQ said:   I just went to buy the GC and when I went to check out the fine print said that you also needed to make a $20 qualifying purchase (GC, tobacco, medication,bla bla bla... didn't count). So I left

That's not true CPA, that's the fine print about the $20 grocery voucher you earn for NEXT WEEK, not to buy the gift card.  you have to spend the $20 in ONE ORDER, no partial use.

ALSO, CONFIRMING, purchase of the $100 GC deal DOES COUNT towards the $10 spend needed to get all the front page grocery deals (Kcups, Bounty/Tide/Charmin, etc) I got the KCups with a Vanilla $100 VISA and it worked just fine!!

MISTERCHEAP said:   
CPAESQ said:   I just went to buy the GC and when I went to check out the fine print said that you also needed to make a $20 qualifying purchase (GC, tobacco, medication,bla bla bla... didn't count). So I left

That's not true CPA, that's the fine print about the $20 voucher for NEXT WEEK, not to buy the gift card.  you have to spend the $20 in ONE ORDER, no partial use.

ALSO, CONFIRMING, purchase of the $100 GC deal DOES COUNT towards the $10 spend needed to get all the front page grocery deals (Kcups, Bounty/Tide/Charmin, etc) I got the KCups with a Vanilla $100 VISA and it worked just fine!!

I know... the guy at the Customer service desk said that the voucher would not print without me purchasing $20 in items in addition to my CG's..  He said that he has been having that problem all morning and the only way it will go through is with the $20 purchase.. guess my store does not have it coded in their system correctly.. I tried to fight it.. but the fine print in the circular can be interpreted as to read that a $20 purchase is required.  I might try another shoprite in the next town tomorrow.  I told him the $20 fine print was about the voucher.. but no go.. the transaction would not go through..  It is still a great deal.. but depends on how the store has everything coded... 

CPAESQ said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

That's not true CPA, that's the fine print about the $20 voucher for NEXT WEEK, not to buy the gift card.  you have to spend the $20 in ONE ORDER, no partial use.

I know... the guy at the Customer service desk said that the voucher would not print without me purchasing $20 in items in addition to my CG's..  He said that he has been having that problem all morning and the only way it will go through is with the $20 purchase.. guess my store does not have it coded in their system correctly.. I tried to fight it.. but the fine print in the circular can be interpreted as to read that a $20 purchase is required.  I might try another shoprite in the next town tomorrow.  I told him the $20 fine print was about the voucher.. but no go.. the transaction would not go through..  It is still a great deal.. but depends on how the store has everything coded... 

He's full of crap that guy. Doesn't know what he's talking about. My guess is, some people aren't scanning their shoprite card before he rings it up. No shop rite card, no voucher prints.  it prints automatically at the bottom of the receipt, there's nothing required for the local store to do. The deal is loaded in by corporate SR, not the store.

barrytuneup said:   SR does not sell 500 Visa cards any more (I think)They did have the 200 Visa (up here NYState)up till a few weeks ago. Now in 4 stores in my area they only have the 100.00 Visa. These are still good for the offers, but they are issued by Bancorp, which will NOT work for MO at WM. Just use for real spend.
  verified these Visa GCs are NOT accepted for MO purchase at WM. Thanks barry for the heads up.

Has anyone tried buying third party gc's with sr gc's?

MISTERCHEAP said:   
CPAESQ said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

He's full of crap that guy. Doesn't know what he's talking about. My guess is, some people aren't scanning their shoprite card before he rings it up. No shop rite card, no voucher prints.  it prints automatically at the bottom of the receipt, there's nothing required for the local store to do. The deal is loaded in by corporate SR, not the store.

I will try tomorrow

MISTERCHEAP said:   

I got the KCups with a Vanilla $100 VISA and it worked just fine!!

So I still don't understand WHY get $100 Vanilla and lose $5 on activation - if one can get $100 gas card instead... What gas cards have you seen?

SinglePapa said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

So I still don't understand WHY get $100 Vanilla and lose $5 on activation - if one can get $100 gas card instead... What gas cards have you seen?

Gas cards can be good value. Some people get extra discount for gas anyway with other forms of payment. Some don't want to be stuck with a card to a particular brand.
Vanillas are good everywhere, and as I mentioned earlier, they are rollable.
Next week, as an example, purchase $100 Vanilla + $15 in groceries, pay with $100 Vanilla, the $20 voucher, and 95c.
Get another $20 voucher.
$106/$107 OOP nets you $14/$15 + $20 of groceries, plus a $100 Vanilla.
Get together with a friend (or 4, in my case), for the same $100 OOP total, plus $6 OOP/person, netting +$34 in groceries.
Your way would be $200 OOP, $20 + $20 in groceries, plus $200 in gas cards.

To each, his own.

well, "rollable" is zero benefit for anyone with net worth exceeding 3-figures... Thanx for lengthy example above; but it clearly shows one paying activation fees twice

SinglePapa said:   well, "rollable" is zero benefit for anyone with net worth exceeding 3-figures... Thanx for lengthy example above; but it clearly shows one paying activation fees twice

Papa, yes, but it's a $14.05 mm x 2 = $28.10 paying activation 2x.

or the second week, get non bank GC's (stores, restaurants, etc) and pay no activation fees. $14mm if you shop at shoprite anyway is certainly worth 5 mins of your time at the supermarket.

as for activation fees, they are not a bad thing if you'd rather just have a visa card to spend anyplace you like versus a gift card to a store where you don't shop that often or a gas station where the prices are 10-15c a gallon more than across the street.   that price difference will easily negate your act. fee savings on 40 gallons with a $100 card.

SinglePapa said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Shell, BP and Gulf at my store.

My local store would only let you checkout GCs at the service desk and would only take cash or debit.. A little annoying.

went this AM and bought 2 100.00 Vanilla Visa at regular checkout making 2 separate orders with 2 PP cards. Went thru like a charm. Bought nothing else. Plus these visa cards are good anywhere. So tomorrow Ill use them for groceries at SR. And they do sell 100.00 Shell card with no fee, but Shell gas in my area is about 10 cents higher then anyone else. Also don't know why a store manager would say you need to spend additional 20.00 to get the 20.00 with the visa promo. The company ads are all over the front end (at least up here)and they don't mention 20.00 must be spent. BTW, I was at the SR in Carmel NY at 8:15 this AM and I was only customer!!! Avoided the BF crowds. Also the promo staring Sun (tomorrow)states you can buy the 100.00 GC all week, not just 2 days.

ocean935 said:   
SinglePapa said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Gas cards can be good value. Some people get extra discount for gas anyway with other forms of payment. Some don't want to be stuck with a card to a particular brand.
Vanillas are good everywhere, and as I mentioned earlier, they are rollable.
Next week, as an example, purchase $100 Vanilla + $15 in groceries, pay with $100 Vanilla, the $20 voucher, and 95c.
Get another $20 voucher.
$106/$107 OOP nets you $14/$15 + $20 of groceries, plus a $100 Vanilla.
Get together with a friend (or 4, in my case), for the same $100 OOP total, plus $6 OOP/person, netting +$34 in groceries.
Your way would be $200 OOP, $20 + $20 in groceries, plus $200 in gas cards.

To each, his own.

The $20 voucher can go towards the activation fees,if you buy $14.05 of food and another Visa GC, the voucher and a $100 visa should completely cover the purchase?

Skipping 21 Messages...
I got Disney GCs. However, someone was having issues with the HD GCs. They did not trigger the $20 coupon for some reason.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017