• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234093 

The laptop is a little old, haswell based CPU, but what you won't see in battery savings you will see in performance. The cpu is a high performer and the 980m swivels between the 970gtx and 960gtx desktop cards. It DOES get green in the Steam VR benhcmark, too. The screen has also gotten high marks.

We hear a lot of noise on the new 1060gtx model laptops but the few loadouts that come close to this price range are neutered with i5's or 720p screens. Also the cooling solution on the G751 is one of the best. The biggest drawback is the thunderbolt port is 2.0, not the USB C 3.0 that the future external graphic card boxes will use. Oh and its just over 8 pounds. A note on the drive bays. I do not have this model so I cannot confirm yet, but I read that if it does not come with an m.2 drive (like this one) then there is no m.2 connector. So make your purchase with the expectation that your only drive upgrades can be done using 2 SATA drive bays.

Sale ends Sunday. 

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Dec. 3, 2016 @ 9:43am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016