• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
For those of you missed the day of yesterday's Tribute HD deal, now it is available in BestBuy again for the same price, no code is needed.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/boost-mobile-lg-tribute-hd-4g-lte-wi...
​Similarly, AT&T Gophone LG Phoenix 2 is also on sale now at BestBuy for $29.99 F/S, the lowest price I have seen on this phone (can be unlocked very easily).
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/at-t-gophone-lg-phoenix-2-4g-lte-wit...

Member Summary

BestBuy Boost Mobile LG Tribute HD (39.68kB)
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Requested my unlock code last Thursday. Yesterday received an email with unlock code of 0. A few minutes later got anoth... (more)

FatWKing (Dec. 06, 2016 @ 7:41p) |

It took about 4 business days for me.

shallot (Dec. 09, 2016 @ 1:01p) |

Request it again.
Looks like there was a problem with their copy & paste.

marcopolomle (Dec. 09, 2016 @ 2:28p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
organickiller said:   For those of you missed the day of yesterday's Tribute HD deal, now it is available in BestBuy again for the same price, no code is needed.
​Similarly, AT&T Gophone LG Phoenix 2 is also on sale now at BestBuy for $29.99 F/S, the lowest price I have seen on this phone (can be unlocked very easily).

Can any of this be used on Ringplus or tracfone?

rated:
yes the tribute HD has passed FED for nearly two weeks. It's really 16GB.

rated:
I thought Ringplus was dead?

rated:
I'm bummed about R+ but my phones are still working. Many are looking to replace their flip or iphones with dialer on the way.

rated:
PhoneArena says that the LG Phoenix 2 has 16GB of internal storage, but Best Buy's own site says 8GB. Is this prepaid phone a downgraded version, or is Best Buy simply wrong?

AT&T itself says "up to 16GB".

rated:
s the onkeybiz said:   yes the tribute HD has passed FED for nearly two weeks. It's really 16GB.
  Is the Tribute 5 passing FED checks now, too?

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   yes the tribute HD has passed FED for nearly two weeks. It's really 16GB.
  So, this means that the Boost Mobile Prepaid LG Tribute will work on RingPlus right out of the box?

rated:
love4money said:   
Monkeybiz said:   yes the tribute HD has passed FED for nearly two weeks. It's really 16GB.
  So, this means that the Boost Mobile Prepaid LG Tribute will work on RingPlus right out of the box?

Yes but you might want to inform yourself of what is currently going on at RingPlus.

rated:
lgmayka said:    is Best Buy simply wrong?

Yes.

rated:
fwuser12 said:   
organickiller said:   For those of you missed the day of yesterday's Tribute HD deal, now it is available in BestBuy again for the same price, no code is needed.

Can any of this be used on Ringplus or tracfone?

Yes ( Tribute HD) for RingPlus & Yes (LG Phoenix 2) for Tracfone (but read the HF)

rated:
Can these be used with T-Mobile? (Sorry if the answer is obvious)

rated:
dkong said:   Can these be used with T-Mobile? (Sorry if the answer is obvious)
LG Phoenix 2 after easy unlocking.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   

Thanks!  2  more questions:

1. Can I use my existing T-Mobile monthly plan with this phone even though it's a prepaid phone?

2. How do I find out how to unlock it?  (I'm a newbie)

rated:
dkong said:   
marcopolomle said:   

1. Can I use my existing T-Mobile monthly plan with this phone even though it's a prepaid phone?

1. I believe so. Just swapping the SIM card from your current T-Mobile phone should work (but check with someone with a similar situation.)
2. Go here and submit the request as non-AT&T customer.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
dkong said:   
marcopolomle said:   

1. Can I use my existing T-Mobile monthly plan with this phone even though it's a prepaid phone?

1. I believe so. Just swapping the SIM card from your current T-Mobile phone should work (but check with someone with a similar situation.)
2. Go here and submit the request as non-AT&T customer.

Under  Device unlock eligibility requirements it says prepaid / GoPhone accounts

• Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service.

Non-AT&T mobility customers

• If you've never had an AT&T Wireless account, be sure your request meets all the device requirements shown above.

How do we unlock right away ? I want to use it with Ultra Mobile.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
love4money said:   

Yes but you might want to inform yourself of what is currently going on at RingPlus.

Thank you! I am certainly not activating a new line. Just swapping phones.

rated:
geesh quick reply font is too small. Easy GSM unlock search for at&t unlock portal, be sure to select non customer. confirm email and wait a day or two. 

Even crazier both the Boost and VM Tribute HD work on R+, good timing with free swaps and dialer on the way. R+ might just surprise us and survive but don't count on it. I'll swap half dozen in and flip them when I get tired of them or R+ folds. 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   Even crazier both the Boost and VM Tribute HD work on R+, good timing with free swaps and dialer on the way. R+ might just surprise us and survive but don't count on it. I'll swap half dozen in and flip them when I get tired of them or R+ folds. 
  Same phone I bought from Target few weeks ago for $45. Passed the R+ BYOD in the store, and once at home. Then failed same day with 2 different browsers. Even tried a Device Swap and that failed too. As you know, lotsa smart R+ members in their forums so I think I'll just wait another week or 2  for the dust to settle and try again or...

There's still that Sprint deal on FW, 5 lines for $100 Unlimited Talk, Text and data. For one line of service - $60/month; for two lines, $100/month; and the third, fourth and fifth lines are FREE through Jan. 31, 2018. Lotsa disclaimers to read though.

I still support R+ with 3 plans and phones for kids who wouldn't have one with them but everything's on hold for now.
p.s. It was one per order/day (?) yesterday and again today, so tomorrow???

rated:
UKtour said:   
p.s. It was one per order/day (?) yesterday and again today, so tomorrow???

Just order using new account to bypass the limit or buy from eBay via this deal.

rated:
fwuser12 said:     Can any of this be used on Ringplus or tracfone?
 Gophone can be used with Tracfone BYOP or if you have an AT&T service tracfone that uses an identical sim you can just pop it in.  Just to be safe always remove the Gophone SIM before ever powering on the phone.
I'm not aware of any T-Mo service smartphones on Tracfone.

rated:
Just received my phone but RingPlus device checker is throwing a fit "translation missing: en.elements.error_codes.1000"

What the hell does that even mean?

rated:
Just checked the ESN and passed successfully on Ting's checker.

Looks like RingPlus is down every which way.

rated:
Both the two (Tribute HD) I ordered (the other day) arrived today and read as usable from Ring+ BYOD checker (earlier today).

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Just received my phone but RingPlus device checker is throwing a fit "translation missing: en.elements.error_codes.1000"

What the hell does that even mean?

out of habit I always run esn through TIng first to help with typos and my large hands. Ting give a better message and can help clear the way sometimes. Did I mention the HD is back live on eBay BB? BB might PM their eBay site. I'm dying to get my hands on one. 

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   
I'm dying to get my hands on one. 

What happened to your orders?

rated:
Tribute HD vs Phoenix 2, which one is better phone? Are both of them 16gb?

rated:
dkong said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Request the code using the IMEI off of the box. Don't even open the box until you get code. Before powering it on for the first time make sure to remove the SIM (recently they are being shipped with them installed). Put in your T-Mo SIM, and when you power it on it will prompt you for code. Enter code.  Restart the phone when finished and T-Mo should recognize it and take off. Set your APN settings and you are good. I have seen both T-Mo and ATT block a new phone when switching in an active SIM. They don't always, but if they do, just call CS and verify the IMEI and that you are the one that made the switch. They will then remove the block. This phone does support band 12 and has NFC. Very decent phone for $30.

rated:
nanga said:   Tribute HD vs Phoenix 2, which one is better phone? Are both of them 16gb?
  Apples and oranges, but yes, both are 16 GB. The Phoenix 2 is easy to unlock making it more versatile to use with different GSM networks.

rated:
Guess I posted in the wrong thread...

Went to BB tonite, checked a few VM tribute HD ESNs at r+, and all of them were "locked to another provider". One thing that might have made a difference: I think the UPC tags said WalMart/Target on them. Either way, it was a no-go.

Edit... Were the Boost LGs supposed to be good, but not VM? I didn't find any, but didn't look that hard either.

rated:
The Boost Tribute HD that came from BB in the mail tonight passes the test on R+ site.

=aw

rated:
2014, BBY had the LG Tribute 2 for Black Friday at $19.99, the same price as this one now.   Is this LG Tribute, without the 2, a downgrade from the 2?

rated:
ottawa said:   The Boost Tribute HD that came from BB in the mail tonight passes the test on R+ site.

When did you check?
I am getting "translation missing: en.elements.error_codes.1000" message the entire evening which means that their "system" is f**ked up. 
But my phone passed the Ting device checker without any problem.

rated:
zubba said:   Last year BBY had the LG Tribute 2 for Black Friday. Is this LG Tribute, without the 2, a downgrade from the 2?
No, this is an upgrade in terms of Memory, RAM and OS 

rated:
When did you check?
Couple of hours ago, maybe midnight EST. Here I'll do it again (208am) before I go to bed... same result.

I'm using the checker at https://my.ringplus.net/device_validation_requests/new and I'm entering the "MEID (HEX)" from the box.

If I enter the "MEID (DEC)" I get the error "translation missing: en.elements.error_codes.1000" perhaps that's why you're getting it, though I wonder if it means the check on the hex version isn't working either (just not returning an error).

=aw

rated:
GSMArena says the Tribute 2 was 480x854 on 4.5", while the Tribute HD is 720x1280 on 5". So HD trumps 2. Next year there will probably be an "HD 2".

=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   
When did you check?
Couple of hours ago, maybe midnight EST. Here I'll do it again (208am) before I go to bed... same result.

I'm using the checker at https://my.ringplus.net/device_validation_requests/new and I'm entering the "MEID (HEX)" from the box.

If I enter the "MEID (DEC)" I get the error "translation missing: en.elements.error_codes.1000" perhaps that's why you're getting it, though I wonder if it means the check on the hex version isn't working either (just not returning an error).

=aw

Weird.........HEX ID was giving me the error and then I saw your post and tried the DEC and it worked.

rated:
Very weird, I thought maybe the translation error was in dec-to-hex conversion. But your opposite experience says the other.

Glad it worked though.

=aw

rated:
As above, my Tribute passed the BYOD on R+ when I ran it on my phone at Target. Home, no luck. Also failed to Device Swap. This has been going on for some time now:

Error Code

I've got 2 kids with cracked screens on R+ who are drooling for a new phone but I think I'll still wait some until R+ sorts things out. And now thanks to this thread I have 2 more in the mail as spares, so here's hoping. I'd hope when someone has a perfect activation/swap with this phone on R+ they post it here because as many know the R+ discussions are way too bloated.

Skipping 60 Messages...
rated:
FatWKing said:   
FatWKing said:   How long does it take nowadays to get the unlock code from ATT? Also, does anyone have a procedure to unlock LG Phoenix 2? Thank you.
  Requested my unlock code last Thursday. Yesterday received an email with unlock code of 0. A few minutes later got another email saying we are processing your unlock code request. WTH.

Request it again.
Looks like there was a problem with their copy & paste.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016