• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

1 (16.82kB)
Disclaimer
SINGER 7258 Stylist Award-Winning 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine with DVD, 10 Presser Feet, Metal Frame, and More 
4.5 out of 5 stars (2,234 reviews)

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003KK807M 

Was:    $169.99
Deal of the Day:    $89.99 & FREE Shipping.

ALL TIME LOWEST PRICE by $30+
http://camelcamelcamel.com/7258-Stylist-Award-Winning-100-Stitch... 
(Average price $164.01)

Ships from and sold by Ama zon.com. 

Style Name: 7258 with 100 Stitches & Programmable Needle

- 100 Stitch Sewing Machine with 10 Presser Feet Perfect For Crafting, Sewing and Quilting
- Easy Threading System with Automatic Needle Threader
- LED Display Screen with Automatic Stitch Length and Width
- Easy-to-Load Top Drop-In Bobbin System with Clear Cover
- Electronic Auto Pilot allows you to sew without the foot pedal and easily adjust maximum speed; 110 volt machine designed for United States and Canadian use only

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Great find, I've been in a holding pattern to replace my gf's defective singer that was returned 2 months ago. This looks to be an even better option, and at half the price.

rated:
So amusing tale, I bought this machine back in Sept of 2013. That was 3 many years ago. I bought it with intensions of beginning to master the best way to sew - perfectly that under no circumstances took place. For your following 3 several years, this detail sat in my storage area in its primary unopened box, getting used as mainly a properly shaped hefty box that every one my other crap can pile along with.

Consider my surprise that in 2016 once i saw this pop up on Amazon once again, I used to be like "oh let's see how much it price dropped due to the fact I bought it" (notice this is often a very frequent detail w/ me, I purchase stuff which i end up not applying a lot and it cost drops significantly upcoming time I check out), and it turned out being a good $40 More expensive than when i bought it 3 several years back! O__O With most engineering a 3 12 months gap would drop the price by hundreds - but I guess this completely will not implement to one thing just like a sewing device?

In almost any case, I eventually pulled this out and began modifying a good deal of my clothes which have been inside the "sell to resale outlets or donate" bags. I did some investigation in advance of your time on how to utilize it by using youtube vids, and acquired ideas/steps/guides from many youtubers regarding how to mod my existing dresses to some thing new. I locate this equipment being rather starter welcoming providing you are doing some primary study first. The booklet explains a good deal of your elements extremely very well but I mostly just glanced via it or skipped to the particular foots that i need to have to look for (ie zipper foot) since I bought the rest of what I want to know from youtube.

If you don't want to make use of the foot pedal, this does come with a detachable foot pedal and also a start/stop button for. I prefer the pedal as initially after i tried out using the button I preserve forgetting to press it once i need to prevent. foot pedal, even for newbies, is far a lot more intuitive. There's a speed management slider which lets you regulate the speed it doesn't matter how hard you push, and that is suuuuuuper awesome for newbie. Recently I transformed it to medium velocity for 1 of my jobs and it did look louder, though within the most affordable speed I locate the equipment for being not incredibly noisy. I'm not sure exactly how much drastically louder the very best speed could be, but I do not think it'll really trouble my housemates when their doors are shut (I work during the living space dining space desk because of to insufficient space haha). I did notice which the plastic lid around the bobbin seem to shake at medium speed nevertheless...that part is a very little stressing but I'm hoping it won't be that huge of the difficulty, and that i you should not consider I'll be going on to complete out medium and high speed however.

There is a button for leaving the needle up or down once you halt sewing which grew to become incredibly practical once i was engaged on extensive chunks of straight sewing that also needed periodic adjustment. As somebody else also pointed out, I did detect that after i transform the wheel to tug the needle up and take a look at to drag my garment out occasionally it truly is challenging to tug - that's because my needle wasn't in the optimum position evidently. To begin with I broke thread (and obtained paranoid I'm gonna bend the needle) but now I know to simply convert the wheel some much more and pull the needle up even more. As soon as it really is during the "nice" zone it's extremely effortless to tug out.

You will find probably three points I am not far too happy with. A single could be the reverse sew button - if you are utilizing the foot pedal you fundamentally have to wait around a second or two prior to deciding to can push that button, and vice versa. I am guessing I'm sure why for basic safety reason (or just how it can be programmed), but what it means is I come across I can not do what I see a lot of youtubers are doing when performing back stitching - ie it's not virtually as quick. A lot of people I see them do an extremely speedy end stitch, reverse stitch, then ahead stitch and accomplished. With this machine I have to halt hold out a 2nd, push the button, wait around a further second or two, then forward stitch all over again. You've got to repress the button or maybe the foot pedal - and when you do THAT way too quickly it nonetheless will not function if you don't wait extended adequate. I'm sitting there holding down the reverse button and nothing at all takes place, I realize and i enable go and repress and Absolutely nothing Takes place. then I have end and consciously depend 1-2, then push,. That is what ends up occurring. It tends to make style of a slow going and regularly results in me to fail to remember to back again sew.

the opposite factor which i was a little Meh about was the actual fact that there's no mini screwdriver that includes the device. This means for those who wish to change the needle or open the underside for cleaning/unjamming, you will have to have a list of mini screw motorists readily available. Most standard screw drivers are certainly not small enough to suit in that small place (for example the screw for keeping the needle). This thing came having a mini seam ripper although not a mini screw driver. : ( That bummed me out. It may be a bit annoying if you do not know and need to switch the needle and quickly you've got to pause your task, even though i did stop up purchasing a mini screwdriver established from Amazon anyway. In my circumstance, I ended up employing a tweezer right up until I obtained my screwdriver set.

the last matter was that several times the bobbin thread bought jammed around the base on the plate and it was insanely tricky to remove. I had to seam rip my garment outside of there and in a latter issue I used to be in a position to employ my seamripper once more to pull out the clump of thread. I am truly unsure why it obtained jammed, nonetheless it happened 2-3 moments, while using the very last time becoming particularly terrible. I am going to presume it can be from my inexperience, but just wished to put it around that it did materialize. I could not open the bottom plate to remove the thread clump so once more irritating that it didn't include a little something that could open up it, simply because I however didn't have the mini screw driver at the time.

Besides that, I like this equipment. So, numerous distinct stitches AND it came with insane number of foots at no cost. I noticed that quite a bit of other models/machines involve you to definitely invest in the foots individually. The quantity of stitches and also the variety of foots that came free of charge was what truly sold me on this (in addition the cost was outstanding when i bought it and all of the favourable testimonials! ). I obtain this to be a really fantastic machine, like a whole newbie to stitching. Even at its present-day selling price it really is however greatly less costly than a great deal of other sewing machines with much less attachments and stitches. Very advise this for newbies and intermediate sewers, but I visualize when you are a weighty responsibility seamstress, this may not seriously be for yourself (but I believe for anyone who is a skilled seamstress you would are aware that anyway! )

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016