• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Nov. 24, 2016 @ 12:02pm
Member Summary

Apple (29.72kB)
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Can you put a sim card in it or it is only a prepaid?

poisonpegasus3665 (Nov. 25, 2016 @ 10:33p) |

Straight Talk Wireless only. They call it no contract wireless, not prepaid.

jimates (Nov. 25, 2016 @ 11:51p) |

Anybody get one ?

polishdreamer (Nov. 27, 2016 @ 7:06a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Is it unlocked phone?

rated:
~~No, it is a CDMA phone, and is locked to Straight Talk only, and uses the Verizon Network.

rated:
It's actually a CDMA and GSM phone, yet I believe that Straight Talk might have locked some phones. You would have to do a little research to see if these are locked or not.

rated:
I didn't think it could be both. I was really hoping it was GSM.

rated:
I beleive Iphone 5s can be used on CDMA and GSM networks.
https://www.cnet.com/news/switching-carriers-you-may-be-able-to-...
it is carrier locked and for obvious reasons Straight Tlak will not unlock it for you. 

rated:
All Verizon iPhone 5S are CDMA and GSM, although missing the extended T-Mobile band sadly (which doesn't matter all that much). Thus this iPhone being a Verizon board at the core, would work as a "world" phone if it wasn't for Straight Talk locking it possibly.

rated:
It's a great price on the phone.

rated:
yeah baby!! snagged my Straight Talk phones!! Thanks

rated:
Cheapest service for this phone is $45 a month plus tax.

rated:
I have spent some time looking, and can't find a definitive answer on the Straight Talk 5s being locked or not.

If it isn't locked this is a great deal, my older sister is in need of a new phone to use on Cricket, she isn't exactly a power user. Her old HTC Desire 512 has started to die, she likes that phone a lot, so she is easy to please, and the 5s would be a huge upgrade.

I already ordered a Best Buy Cricket Alcatel Ideal for her, it was less than $10 shipped, so sticking it into a drawer as a backup is not a problem.

rated:
out of stock.

rated:
crabbing said:   out of stock.
  There are many Black Friday deals left and the Phone is in store only now.

rated:
Green for you OP; thanks!

In for one. When it arrives, I'll try a couple SIMs in it. If they work, great. If not, back to Wally World.

Don't forget the 8% Ebates CB using the app.

rated:
I got the 4K TV a few weeks ago for the same price @ BB, looks great in my bedroom

rated:
LeonidM said:   I beleive Iphone 5s can be used on CDMA and GSM networks.
https://www.cnet.com/news/switching-carriers-you-may-be-able-to-take-your-iphone-5s-with-you/
it is carrier locked and for obvious reasons Straight Tlak will not unlock it for you. 

hack unlock?

rated:
polishdreamer said:   
crabbing said:   out of stock.
  There are many Black Friday deals left and the Phone is in store only now.

Blah, missed it. And can't find another similar deal...? Link?

rated:
Telco said:   I got the 4K TV a few weeks ago for the same price @ BB, looks great in my bedroom
  Turn it on... you'll be amazed...

rated:
These phones are locked!!!!! These phones are locked!!!! You can only unlock them with 12 months of continuous service with out changing to a different Straight Talk account. Like swapping a sim with another ST customer. It's a pain. I have tried.

I have activated three different Straight Talk 5s phones. I really wanted to see if they are locked so I put a ATT sim in it and took me back to sim activation. Was not able to complete.

The phone price is appealing but there service price is not as competitive as it used to be. So it may not be worth it

rated:
wiredcelloffers said:   These phones are locked!!!!! These phones are locked!!!! You can only unlock them with 12 months of continuous service with out changing to a different Straight Talk account. Like swapping a sim with another ST customer. It's a pain. I have tried.

I have activated three different Straight Talk 5s phones. I really wanted to see if they are locked so I put a ATT sim in it and took me back to sim activation. Was not able to complete.

The phone price is appealing but there service price is not as competitive as it used to be. So it may not be worth it

You can get it unlocked by hack.

rated:

rated:
make sure they cover your area they dont cover the area a friend lives in and i dont have a clue if you can buy it and use like att go plan does anyone know if that is possible

rated:
I don't get the 'wow' on the phone. I bought a nearly brand new pristine unlocked iphone 5s off of swappa.com for like $135 shipped and put it on RingPlus Mad Brisket plan.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   
wiredcelloffers said:   These phones are locked!!!!! These phones are locked!!!! You can only unlock them with 12 months of continuous service with out changing to a different Straight Talk account. Like swapping a sim with another ST customer. It's a pain. I have tried.

I have activated three different Straight Talk 5s phones. I really wanted to see if they are locked so I put a ATT sim in it and took me back to sim activation. Was not able to complete.

You can get it unlocked by hack.

will you post a link?  I did some googling and haven't found anything reputable yet that will work.  

rated:
It seems these are back in stock now. But do note what dude above said...Takes a year deal with Straight Talk.

rated:
no its not unlocked

rated:
i don't know Straight Talk 5S is locked or not by now.

rated:
Has anyone purchased this? What was your personal experience with it?

rated:

rated:

rated:
poisonpegasus3665 said:   Can you put a sim card in it or it is only a prepaid?
  Straight Talk Wireless only. They call it no contract wireless, not prepaid.

rated:
Anybody get one ?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016