Lenovo E570 15.6" Laptop: i7-7500U, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD, GTX 950M
$509.40
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/e-series/e570/ 

1. Click 'View & Customize'
  2. Modify to following:

• Processor: select 'Intel Core i7-7500U Processor'
    • Display: select '15.6 FHD(1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch'
    • Memory: select '16GB(8+8) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM'
    • Hard Drive: change '500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5", SATA3' to 'None'

3. Use coupon code THINK40REVI

More deals in the official Lenovo coupon thread.
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Oh, I didn't post a pretty important part of that message. They will be cancelling orders unless we call in!
---
Given the... (more)

Spacey (Dec. 06, 2016 @ 5:09p) |

I left feedback on there facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/lenovo

sfortier (Dec. 06, 2016 @ 6:21p) |

Service rep. said they have insufficient supply of SSD and GPU, I wonder if other models have same issue since SSD is us... (more)

railroad04 (Dec. 08, 2016 @ 3:01p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
There's also 10% cashback at Lenovo from ebates right now.

rated:
Ordered one w/ 10% ebates cashback!

rated:
Errrr, so frustrated they keep including an optical drive. Get rid of it and add more batteries or just lighten it up.

rated:
It only show the i3 version to me...

rated:
mountainer said:   It only show the i3 version to me...
  select and then on the next page it will let you configure

rated:
I changed out Windows 10 Home to Professional 64 bit and also changed the wifi card to dual band and added $30 more so my total is $539.40 + tax.

rated:
If you choose the SSD option - which is the secondary slot, it may NOT come with OS. Check the Q&A section.

If I order with the second hard drive can Lenovo install the OS on the SSD instead of the HDD?
Lenovo · 11 days ago
No, the OS is always installed on the HDD.

rated:
How do I get the Hard disk then ?

rated:
I got the i5 instead of i7, final price $450.xx.

rated:
in for 1. thanks op. got office 365 home for $35 more. $545.39 before tax

rated:
This is a very good deal. OMG must resist. Besides now I can't go back from my 17.3" screen. This is best laptop deal I've seen in about 2 yrs.

rated:
I'm very tempted. I haven't compared yet, but on my last ThinkPad it was cheaper to get the 250GB HDD and replace with a 250GB SSD from elsewhere, instead of paying the upcharge for SSD (and I ended up with a spare HDD). Same for memory, it was cheaper to get base memory and swap out. Is that the same now? I know I can do the research but if it's a no-brainer as it was 5 years ago, I would just jump on this with the cheapest memory options and shop later.

Also, with the "you must have a storage device" I'd end up with the small SSD and an empty slot, so I can use both. What's the answer on the OS? I assume even if no OS is installed, it still comes with a Windows license embedded in BIOS?

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
This is also in the Q&A on Lenovo site, contradictory to what's quoted upthread. No idea which is right, but as long as I have a Windows license guess it's not too critical (big download though).

Please be clear - if you only order an SSD drive and NOT an HDD, will Lenovo load Windows on the SSD? If not, and Windows Pro is purchased, will the user be given the license to load it on the SSD themselves?
Windows will be loaded on the SSD

No idea if the responder is right. ...but then what appears to be an answer from Lenovo:

If I were to purchase only the SSD for the E570, would there be a code or cd to redeem Windows 10 so that I would be able to download and install it myself?You would need to purchase Windows 10 separately. 

=aw

rated:
sfortier said:   Ordered one w/ 10% ebates cashback!
  Yesterday TC BACK was 12%,  today is 11%.  They should go by the price before all the discount.

rated:
ottawa said:   This is also in the Q&A on Lenovo site, contradictory to what's quoted upthread. No idea which is right, but as long as I have a Windows license guess it's not too critical (big download though).

Please be clear - if you only order an SSD drive and NOT an HDD, will Lenovo load Windows on the SSD? If not, and Windows Pro is purchased, will the user be given the license to load it on the SSD themselves?

No idea if the responder is right. ...but then what appears to be an answer from Lenovo :

If I were to purchase only the SSD for the E570, would there be a code or cd to redeem Windows 10 so that I would be able to download and install it myself? You would need to purchase Windows 10 separately.

=aw

Good.  I can do a fresh install with Windows 7 professional.

rated:
siriusoracle said:   If you choose the SSD option - which is the secondary slot, it may NOT come with OS. Check the Q&A section.

If I order with the second hard drive can Lenovo install the OS on the SSD instead of the HDD?
Lenovo · 11 days ago
No, the OS is always installed on the HDD.

I think that just means that if you order a machine with 2 drives, then the OS will only be installed on the HDD. I placed an order for a machine with SSD only, and it still shows Windows on the order page.

rated:
Yeah I remember the free upgrade to XP that came with my Vista machine years ago. My only concern is I'm not abandoning my old machine so I technically don't have a Win 7 Pro license available. MS pricing is $199 for Win 10 Pro, and Lenovo will discount $220 to remove the HDD and Win 10 license.

I priced it with i7, 16GB, IPS display, and both HDD and SSD plus a couple of minor upgrades. Bottom line was U$683.40. If I pull the HDD (and Win license) it's $551.40, saving $132.

When I bought my X220 years ago, it was a no-brainer to take the base RAM and base HDD and throw them out, rather than a Lenovo upgrade. This time it seems more reasonable (based on very superficial search): they want $45 per 8GB SODIMM (first Amazon hit was $54 for Crucial), and $110 for the SSD (Amazon is $199 for a Samsung) [those prices are after the standard 25% but before the 40% coupon that replaces it]. I'm sure there are cheaper out there but last time it was like half the price.

What about extended warranties? They're advertising 20% off until Dec 31. 4yr NBD onsite is $200 (reg $250), which seems pretty reasonable. I'd think it was definitely worth the upcharge vs $135 for 7-10 days at depot.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
swandown, I get it you mean he wants Windows on the SSD (which is where it belongs in this configuration) and Lenovo won't do it, it's up to the customer to re-install on the SSD?

Thanks that makes sense if I've got it right now, it does mean the other answer is right that removing the 500GB HDD also removes the Windows license. I'm thinking the two might be worth $132 together.

=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   This is also in the Q&A on Lenovo site, contradictory to what's quoted upthread. No idea which is right, but as long as I have a Windows license guess it's not too critical (big download though).

No idea if the responder is right. ...but then what appears to be an answer from Lenovo :

If I were to purchase only the SSD for the E570, would there be a code or cd to redeem Windows 10 so that I would be able to download and install it myself? You would need to purchase Windows 10 separately.

=aw

Well, that is certainly a discouraging answer but I wonder if it's just a miscommunication? Maybe what Lenovo meant to say here is "You would need to purchase Windows 10 separately if you want to install it yourself"?

rated:
i cant see how if you purchase windows 10 pro that you get a laptop with no OS or license by only selecting the SSD, that doesnt make any sense... i think the CSR was confused originally

Would be easy to return otherwise if it did not come as it is misleading

rated:
My order confirmation shows:
Offering Model: Transactional Model
• Processor: Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (4MB Cache, up to 3.5Ghz)
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64
• Operating System Language: Windows 10 Home 64 English
• Display: 15.6 FHD(1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch
• Display Panel: 15.6" FHD(1920x1080) IPS LED Blacklight AntiGlare Black
• Memory: 16GB(8+8) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM
• Graphics: NV Geforce GTX950M 2GB
• Keyboard: Keyboard with Number Pad - English
• Pointing Device: UltraNav (TrackPoint and ClickPad) without Fingerprint Reader
• TPM Setting: Software TPM Enabled
• Security Chip: Software TPM
• Camera: 720p HD Camera with MIC
Second Hard Drive: 256GB SSD PCIe-NVMe OPAL2.0
• Optical Device: DVD Recordable
• Front Battery: 4 Cell Li-Cyllinder Battery 41WH
• Power Cord: 90W AC Adapter (2pin) - US
• Wireless: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC(2x2) 8265, Bluetooth Version 4.1
• Language Pack: Publication - English
• Warranty: 1 Year Depot or Carry-in

rated:
mountainer said:   I got the i5 instead of i7, final price $450.xx.
  Note that this kicks out the video card as well.

rated:
Anyone else unable to place the order when it gets to payment?

rated:
Yes, been fighting page timeouts trying to actually buy for more than 30 minutes now... Once I'm at the cart and click "check out" everything starts sucking.

rated:
I was finally able to get it to go through with Amazon Payments.

rated:
It did eventually work for me too, just using normal checkout. What a pain, though. Tons of timeouts and on top of that, I think it lost my cart and made me reconfigure from the beginning 3 times.

rated:
it is showing Total $575.40 after coupon. not sure how you got $509?

rated:
ragingwookiee said:   Lenovo E570 15.6" Laptop: i7-7500U, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD, GTX 950M
$509.40
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/e-series/e570/ 

1. Click 'View & Customize'
  2. Modify to following:

• Processor: select 'Intel Core i7-7500U Processor'
    • Display: select '15.6 FHD(1920x1080) IPS Non-Touch'
    • Memory: select '16GB(8+8) DDR4 2400MHz SODIMM'
    • Hard Drive: change '500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5", SATA3' to 'None'

3. Use coupon code THINK40REVI

If I change '500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5", SATA3' to 'None then what is the default storage?

rated:
When you choose none in the HD slot, it auto-enables the SSD in the SSD slot.

rated:
ARMAGA said:   I changed out Windows 10 Home to Professional 64 bit and also changed the wifi card to dual band and added $30 more so my total is $539.40 + tax.
  what is the benefit of dual band instead of wi-fi card?

rated:
Both cards are dual-band AC. The Intel has 2x2 antennas (max 867 mbps) and the Qualcomm has 1x1 antennas (max 433 Mbps). The Intel also has Bluetooth 4.2, while Qualcomm has 4.1.

Most people probably wouldn't notice the difference, but at $20 it's a pretty cheap upgrade. I chose to get it.

Specs:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-ba...

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/qca9377

rated:
I am such a tech novice here. What happens when I change the "500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5", SATA3' to 'None'? I am about to purchase...

rated:
Any idea if Linux compatibility is any good?

rated:
dichela said:   I am such a tech novice here. What happens when I change the "500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm, 2.5", SATA3' to 'None'? I am about to purchase...
  You save about $200 by replacing the slow hard drive with a faster, better one.

rated:
I think this is a good deal but i'm not a techie, but huge savings!

rated:
The price is definitely superb, however, no backlit keyboard and touch screen option.

rated:
did anyone talk to the CSR whether the OS is loaded on to the SSD or not?

rated:
How is it for Gaming? Also please tell about battery as it`s 4 Cell Battery only.

Skipping 39 Messages...
rated:
Service rep. said they have insufficient supply of SSD and GPU, I wonder if other models have same issue since SSD is used in pretty much all model.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016