• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Note the included 20V Li-Ion battery and charger are compatible with Black + Decker outdoor 20V MAX tools too (as well as the Craftsman "Bolt-On" driver tool). I think this battery is only 1.5A-hr, but even so it's a fair deal compared to buying only a new battery.

rated:

rated:
Has anyone actually used this drill? If so, how do you like it?

rated:
docjoo said:   Has anyone actually used this drill? If so, how do you like it?
I've had mine for a couple of years, and like it a lot. It has ample power for its light weight, and its variable speed can go quite low, which helps when using as a screw driver. I reach for it over a much heavier Porter-Cable one I also have. In general I'm a big fan of the B&D 20V line of tools.

Disclaimer: I'm not a tool snob, meaning all mine don't have to be yellow, for instance. Or any particular minimum voltage, like 24V, or 40V, or whatever this year's cordless voltage is.

rated:
I was a DeWalt guy for years.  When their NiCad batteries started to lose their effectiveness I decided that instead of buying more batteries at $80 a pop I would look for something else.  Picked up this drill and liked it, every bit as powerful with all of the same variable speed / torque options.

Fast forward a couple years, I found deals on the weed trimmer with battery, the bolt-on version of the drill and over time lots of deals on all the bolt on attachments (I have the little air compressor, the trim saw, the impact adapter and even got the hedge trimmer this weekend for $24).  Couldn't be happier, all 4 batteries still hold a great charge, plenty of torque too.

Like the previous poster said, the craftsman bolt-on accessories work with the BD version of the drill too.  I have a whole drawer in my toolbox dedicated to this drill and it's accessories.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016