• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Pic1 (1.11kB)
Disclaimer
HDMI to VGA, 1080P with Audio Port, WOLLZ HDMI to VGA Adapter Cable Converter with Micro USB Port for Mornitor PC Projector HDTV HDMI Input (Black)
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KZ2GDLM/
Use code N4Q7C5F2 fro 40% off, making the final price $5.09

• HDMI TO VGA converter with 3.5mm audio port (an audio cable included) can transport audio and video at the same time; Equipped with Micro-USB cable provides additional power for devices with low-power output
  • The HDMI to VGA male to female cable is compatible with desktop, laptop, Ultrabook, notebook, Intel Nuc, Macbook Pro, Raspberry Pi, Chromebook, Apple TV, Roku streaming media player, cable box, or other devices with HDMI port
  • The HDMI to VGA adapter supports resolutions up to 1920x1080 (1080p Full HD) including 720p and 1600x1200 for HD monitors or projectors
  • Gold-Plated HDMI VGA connectors resist corrosion, provide rigidity, and improve the signal performance. 4" short cable relieves strain and protects HDMI port on your device
  • 12-month warranty and excellent customer service.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks OP, got one. Ihope it works for my new laptop that only has HDMI out

rated:
Since this adapter is for digital->analog and it doesn't appear to have significant hardware, I believe it depends on the graphics chip/card being able to do the digital->analog conversion (the last time I looked into it, most didn't).

rated:
bytem3 said:   Since this adapter is for digital->analog and it doesn't appear to have significant hardware, I believe it depends on the graphics chip/card being able to do the digital->analog conversion (the last time I looked into it, most didn't).
  Agree. 
It doesn't  make sense to me being this cheap if it has any hardware to do the conversion. Even the list price is cheap for a real hardware interface.   

rated:
Wikipedia said: Legacy compatibility
HDMI can only be used with older analog-only devices (using connections such as SCART, VGA, RCA, etc.) by means of a digital-to-analog converter or AV receiver, as the interface does not carry any analog signals (unlike DVI, where devices with DVI-I ports accept or provide either digital or analog signals). Cables are available that contain the necessary electronics, but it is important to distinguish these active converter cables from passive HDMI to VGA cables (which are typically cheaper as they don't include any electronics). The passive cables are only useful if you have a device that is generating or expecting HDMI signals on a VGA connector, or VGA signals on an HDMI connector; this is a non-standard feature, not implemented by most devices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

rated:
Thanks for saving me the hassle all!

rated:
I have several of a similar converter from a different Amazon seller that were priced around $15. Have used them with laptops, android tablet, and Xbox going to both projectors and monitors without any issue.

rated:
" It features a built-in active IC chip".

Also requires power.

Think it is an active adapter.

rated:
Thanks OP

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016