• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Do any of the versions allow for free filing of Federal and State (NJ) tax extensions? Yes, I know it's super easy and f... (more)

eurekaa (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 10:55p) |

Newegg says no bonus with their package as far as they can tell.
H&R closed support by the time i got thru their tel. tri... (more)

cnorrdin1 (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 11:17p) |

I've been filing extensions through TurboTax. Ironically, they do it for free, regardless of whether you use their softw... (more)

hbg1 (Nov. 30, 2016 @ 6:59a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Pretty good options so early, but 50% off does not apply to Premium. I'll hold out for that for now.

rated:
I will swear on my grave that Premium was included an hour or so ago when I opened my latest Newegg email. I wanted to check something before proceeding and when I went back it had vanished. That email was also touting cyber monday deals starting at 12:00 tonite. I'm thinking premium may go on for 50% off then and the original link with the email was a miscue. Hope so 

update:  Newegg is offering Premium 2016 on eBay for $39.99 free shipping. http://www.ebay.com/itm/H-R-BLOCK-Tax-Software-Premium-2016-/302135404657?hash=item4658ac6871:g:Fl4AAOSwx2dYJdIA    

I just ordered it that way and have received my confirmation email.

rated:
There is no mention of free efile.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   There is no mention of free efile.
  Product page, At least for Deluxe + State : "Five free federal e-files and unlimited federal preparation and printing"

rated:
garystad said:   
PrincipalMember said:   There is no mention of free efile.
  Product page, At least for Deluxe + State : "Five free federal e-files and unlimited federal preparation and printing"

State e-files are an extra $19.95 each.  That is on top of buying the state software (which is included in the Fed + State bundles).

rated:
Interesting..... I just purchased the Deluxe + State(download version) from Newegg for $44 -50% = $22.    Nice price!   They just sent me the download links for the Deluxe + State   AND  the  Premium + State.....

rated:
Is TaxAct cheaper?

rated:
Rockmin said:   Interesting..... I just purchased the Deluxe + State(download version) from Newegg for $44 -50% = $22.    Nice price!   They just sent me the download links for the Deluxe + State   AND  the  Premium + State.....

Same here. Very interesting. I wonder if the serial # will only work for the one ordered or if it will worked for two installations.

rated:
What is the difference between the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 ($44.99 before promo code) and the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 (Bundle) ($59.99 before promo code)? It looks to me like they both include the state software.

Maybe the "free" WPS software accounts for the difference?

rated:
Free shipping with ShopRunner (I believe any amex card gives you free shoprunner)

rated:
george2001 said:   What is the difference between the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 ($44.99 before promo code) and the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 (Bundle) ($59.99 before promo code)? It looks to me like they both include the state software.

That was the only difference I could come up with, as well.

rated:
george2001 said:   What is the difference between the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 ($44.99 before promo code) and the "H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 (Bundle) ($59.99 before promo code)? It looks to me like they both include the state software.

When I look at it, the "bundle" is the only one that is physical media while the others are downloads.

rated:
silentbob007 said:   

When I look at it, the "bundle" is the only one that is physical media while the others are downloads.

But the $44.99 version has $2.99 shipping.

rated:
george2001 said:   
silentbob007 said:   

But the $44.99 version has $2.99 shipping.

It's Shoprunner eligible 

rated:
I like the Amazon gift card (5 or 10%) bonus. Does that only come if you buy from Amazon?

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
Half off for the Deluxe looks good, but last year's mailed on-disc offer was better: $15 for Fed+State with 5 Fed eFiles & 1 State eFile. Hope they send me an offer again this year.

rated:
Awesome !!

rated:
green for you

rated:
In for one as well. Thanks

rated:
It is still too early, better deals should be coming after the first of the year and people start thinking about their taxes.

rated:
Last year the mailed deals were all over the place. I had one for free. Just straight-out free, no hoops to jump through. Another friend had one for $25, another for $10, and you had $15. The ISO was always the same, but there was an XML file you could copy from other ones to get the different prices. Sometimes it would claim that the code was already taken but then offer a similar discount anyway. Or you could "X" out the "buy now" window, and it would beg you and offer another $5 off.

I've been getting random emails from them, and a few friends have forwarded theirs. Again, it's all over the place.

I agree that it might be a little early to buy; better deals may be down the road.

rated:
cnorrdin1 said:   I like the Amazon gift card (5 or 10%) bonus. Does that only come if you buy from Amazon

I got a bonus last year and I had received it straight from H&R Block. I don't know if buying it from Amazon gives you an additional bonus tho.

rated:
Thanks much, Cranky Rev of Whores. That's encouraging, But I couldn't find anything on the H&R website for Amazon bonus 2016. The boxes there don't display the sticker that's on the Amazon displayed H&R Block software boxes.

rated:
cnorrdin1 said:   Thanks much, Cranky Rev of Whores. That's encouraging, But I couldn't find anything on the H&R website for Amazon bonus 2016. The boxes there don't display the sticker that's on the Amazon displayed H&R Block software boxes.

If it is like last year, you can get an assortment of Gift Cards added as part of your rebate, with one non-exclusive option being Amazon. I can see Amazon wanting to make you think it is only them to get you to buy.

That said, this year could be totally different. I'm just letting you know what happened last year. Last year, I sent them $1100 and received $1210 in Amazon GCs. For some reason it was split into $1000 and $210; I don't remember why and that may have been my fault - I can only see the receipts in my email and checked the PDFs of my 1040. You tell the IRS to send a portion of your refund to a special account number that starts with "HRBS".

rated:
RevRagnarok said:   
cnorrdin1 said:   I like the Amazon gift card (5 or 10%) bonus. Does that only come if you buy from Amazon

I got a bonus last year and I had received it straight from H&R Block. I don't know if buying it from Amazon gives you an additional bonus tho.

The bonus is not mentioned on Newegg, but is mentioned on Amazon.

rated:
Thanks. I'll try calling H&R and/or Newegg tomorrow when they are open.
Come to think of it, I don't remember Amazon sending me a 1099 for the bonus $100 I received 2 years ago thru Turbo Tax refund bonus. Could Big Brother be slipping?

rated:
cnorrdin1 said:   Thanks. I'll try calling H&R and/or Newegg tomorrow when they are open.

Any news?

rated:
Do any of the versions allow for free filing of Federal and State (NJ) tax extensions? Yes, I know it's super easy and free to file them on the IRS and NJ tax websites, but they don't send any receipts for the extensions filed. In fact, NJ actively discourages you from filing an NJ extension form if you have paid 80% of your NJ taxes and filed a federal extension already.

After I file my taxes around October, NJ wakes up and asks for the non-existent proof of federal extension filing. If I file NJ taxes by mail, I need to duplicate my extension info on to a paper form. Or, if I decide to fork out the money and e-file the NJ taxes through H&R Deluxe, it is unaware of my extension details and (obviously) doesn't send it with my NJ return. Again, NJ says there's no proof of my federal extension and sends bills for penalty and interest.

Not sure if Premium makes this any easier. Any one dealt with extensions & NJ (or any state with similar issues) successfully? Otherwise, I might have to turn good every year and actually start filing my taxes by April.

rated:
RevRagnarok said:   
cnorrdin1 said:   Thanks. I'll try calling H&R and/or Newegg tomorrow when they are open.
  Any news?

Newegg says no bonus with their package as far as they can tell.
H&R closed support by the time i got thru their tel. triage bs. I'll try to try again tomorrow

rated:
eurekaa said:   Do any of the versions allow for free filing of Federal and State (NJ) tax extensions? Yes, I know it's super easy and free to file them on the IRS and NJ tax websites, but they don't send any receipts for the extensions filed. In fact, NJ actively discourages you from filing an NJ extension form if you have paid 80% of your NJ taxes and filed a federal extension already.

After I file my taxes around October, NJ wakes up and asks for the non-existent proof of federal extension filing. If I file NJ taxes by mail, I need to duplicate my extension info on to a paper form. Or, if I decide to fork out the money and e-file the NJ taxes through H&R Deluxe, it is unaware of my extension details and (obviously) doesn't send it with my NJ return. Again, NJ says there's no proof of my federal extension and sends bills for penalty and interest.

Not sure if Premium makes this any easier. Any one dealt with extensions & NJ (or any state with similar issues) successfully? Otherwise, I might have to turn good every year and actually start filing my taxes by April.

I've been filing extensions through TurboTax. Ironically, they do it for free, regardless of whether you use their software. My state doesn't require a separate extension filed, so I don't know anything about that. But you might want to look into whether TurboTax will give you what you need. So far H&R Block has always charged for this.   

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016