• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Mr. Heater Big Buddy Heater 
The Mr. Heater Big Buddy™ provides temporary heat for barns, sheds, cabins, campers, patios, garages, sporting events, hunting blinds and more. Dual heating system combines radiant heat comfort with convection heat air flow for maximum heating efficiency. 4000, 9000 and 18,000 BTU with the capacity to heat up to 400 square feet for up to 108 hours on 20-lb. propane tank.   

Great price ~ $30 less than Amazon and $20 less than WalMart

I love it since it can be used inside or outside and also works off of 1lb or 20lbs propane tanks (hose needed)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Buyer beware.
My father had one and couldn't get it to work right, so he took it back. Silly me, I thought we could do better, so I went through two of these boat anchors. Never again. Fussiest heaters I have ever owned. Won't stay lit.
I think maybe the safety system is badly designed, so it puts itself out for no reason. Wouldn't stay lit for more than 5 minutes, no matter what we tried over several weeks. Customer service was no help - only things they could say was that it was my fault :"too drafty" (its in an enclosed shop so no drafts at all), "bad gas cylinders" (brand new colemans which we tested witha lantern, then tried worthingtons, then tried a 20 pound tank - all with same result), "too much motion is tripping the shutoff" - (its sitting all by itself on a concrete floor - even tried it on an antivibration pad (for digital measurement tools) - no change). Took one back, got a second that had exactly the same problems. Took it back and moved on. 

rated:
My buddies and I have had the opposite experience. Running off a 20lbs tank with filter... runs like a champ. I have a friend in Colorado that uses his to heat a sunroom in the winter, no Issues at all. Maybe quality has gotten better.

rated:
cannondale said:   My buddies and I have had the opposite experience. Running off a 20lbs tank with filter... runs like a champ. I have a friend in Colorado that uses his to heat a sunroom in the winter, no Issues at all. Maybe quality has gotten better.
  +1.  I've had several of these, no problems.  I actually just got a new one from Tractor Supply yesterday to replace a 4 year old one that was used regularly with no problems at all.  Last year, when it was 20 below here, our entire area lost electricity for nearly an entire day.  If it wasn't for the Big Buddy, we would have had to evacuate to a motel (also using the 20 pound tanks with the proper connection hose).  Even loaned one to a neighbor.  We all stayed warm.  Can't recommend these enough.

rated:
never heard of adventurerv.net (google), but they have it for $90.37 shipped

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016