• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

ladder (5.15kB)
Disclaimer
Werner 4-ft Fiberglass 225-lb Type II Step Ladder

https://www.fatwallet.com/deals/werner-4-ft-fiberglass-225-lb-ty...

• Maximum Reach: 8 ft
  • 4-ft fiberglass type II step ladder helps you access high areas
  • Multi-functional top with tool and paint can holder is designed for home improvement projects
  • Slip-resistant foot pads and steps help prevent accidents
  • Top and bottom steps are braced for added security
  • Fiberglass rails are non-conductive for safe working conditions near electricity
  • External pinch-resistant spreaders provide stability
  • 225-lb duty rating withstands heavy-duty tasks
  • ANSI and OSHA safety listing demonstrate this product has met minimum requirements of widely accepted safety standards

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I got one of these last time Lowe's had for $20. It's a good deal, but the rivets on the folding stays seem a tad tight. Thinking about getting another one, for use as a poor man's scaffold when combined with a 2 x 12 (definitely not an OSHA-approved application, I know).

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   I got one of these last time Lowe's had for $20. It's a good deal, but the rivets on the folding stays seem a tad tight. Thinking about getting another one, for use as a poor man's scaffold when combined with a 2 x 12 (definitely not an OSHA-approved application, I know).

That's a great idea.  

rated:
When buying ladders I try and picture how many various people might use them.

25% of men weigh more than 225 pounds. If you move it to 250 pounds you are good for 90% of males.

I buy 300 lb ladders to be sure safety is met. 225 is on the low range of what is sold, opt for at least 250 lb

rated:
wilked said:   When buying ladders I try and picture how many various people might use them.

25% of men weigh more than 225 pounds. If you move it to 250 pounds you are good for 90% of males.

I buy 300 lb ladders to be sure safety is met. 225 is on the low range of what is sold, opt for at least 250 lb

While I agree with you regarding ladders, and this is certainly sold as such, I think of this more as a glorified step stool.  I have a litany of Type 1A ladders and yet yesterday I pulled my back pretty hard while hanging LED fixtures in my storage shed because I was simply too lazy to go get one of my ladders.  I picked up two of these today and they will be dedicated to the shed and garage, to access storage bins where a couple of extra feet is needed.  I don't think (well I don't recommend) anyone is contemplating serious work with these.  Having said that, I would like to point out that safely using a ladder is critical.  I have only every fallen off a ladder once and it was earlier this year.  I was on a Type 1A 6' Werner and over reaching while painting, thus creating an unusual tension on the folding stays, when one suddenly gave and I went down hard onto the concrete floor.  I was very lucky that I went from 250 lbs to 190 lbs over this year, as I am relatively sure I would have broken something with that fall.  

Not sure what the deal is with the link in the OP, however here is the link to the current Lowes BF ladders: https://www.lowes.com/pl/Black-friday-deals/4294689722?catalog=4294607607  

To the gentleman that is going to buy two of these and use a 2 x 12, see the link above.  The 3' long, 12" wide, 21" high Werner work platform is $19.98 and likely a bit more stable and a bit more in compliance with OSHA, lol.    

Edit: Not BF sale, but ran across this, which is pretty smoking deal IMO : https://www.lowes.com/pd/Little-Giant-Ladders-5-ft-Aluminum-300-...  

rated:
Great price.

rated:
Lowe's is putting out some decent deals, and they need to do so to keep up with homedepot

rated:
UkeDoggie said:   definitely not an OSHA-approved application, I know

I don't approve of OSHA

rated:
Great deal.

rated:
I second that.

rated:
Complained re shipping charge. Wouldn't remove. Said I had to spend 45 to qualify. Then walked that back and said no delivery to my area thru the advertised services-UPS ETC
SO either arrange to pick it up or forget it's

rated:
evmocas said:   To the gentleman that is going to buy two of these and use a 2 x 12, see the link above.  The 3' long, 12" wide, 21" high Werner work platform is $19.98 and likely a bit more stable and a bit more in compliance with OSHA, lol.   

This gentleman has had that particular Werner work platform for a couple of years now, and has indeed found it stable and useful when a 21" high scaffold fits the bill.
I expect I will be using it as a step to get up on my new makeshift scaffold when I've got that 2 x 12 resting on the third step of each stepladder, for a 36" working height.
I guessing you can see how much OSHA-approval means to me as well.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016