• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Through November 28, Bed Bath & Beyond has a $25 rebate when you purchase  a $200 visa gift card. The offer is in store only, and is a limit of 2 per household. The visa gift card has a $6.95 fee.

Rebate Form 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Apparently you haven't met Mr. Miles and Ms. Spend.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 11:07p) |

FYI - If you are having issues finding the correct rebate, search by offer number 16-89861 and you will find the correct... (more)

jschuman (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 12:40p) |

Or under Search by Brand, select Blackhawk (not VISA (Blackhawk)).

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Dec. 01, 2016 @ 1:15p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Can these GC be used as Debit Card?

TIA

rated:
Yes, they can be used as debit cards. However, be aware that WalMart and many other stores require a debit card with your name on it if you want to buy money orders, etc.

rated:
does BBB have the $200 visa? and how are they on rebates?

rated:
minor update, how does one do the upcs for the visa cards?

rated:
I will call the rebate center tomorrow and ask them about the UPC.

rated:
Are BBB rebates reliable? I've been burned a few times with, for example, Newegg rebates.

rated:
fxm87 said:   Are BBB rebates reliable? I've been burned a few times with, for example, Newegg rebates.
 Its been years since I did a BBB rebate but it was fine when I did it.
Address shows that this rebate is going to Parago so I'd expect it to be reliable.
Newegg rebates going to City Of Industry, etc can be chance-y. 

rated:
VivYip said:   minor update, how does one do the upcs for the visa cards?
Maybe like old software rebates where we submitted photocopies because you couldn't cut off the bar code?
Either that or cash out the card and send it to them with its UPC

rated:
The thing with BBB rebates is that everything can be scanned, I think. (I uploaded the receipt and the backs of the cards...) I've never done it this way before, especially for VISA...

rated:
Are the visa cards from MetaBank?  Do they begin 4204 9500? or are they Vanilla Visa?

rated:
i think the rebate visas will be from parago (like Staples)

the visa that was purchased from bbb is the blue sort like Staples.

rated:
VivYip said:   
the visa that was purchased from bbb is the blue sort like Staples

Does the back bottom of the package say its MetaBank?  IDK what "blue sort" is.  The $200 visas I've gotten at Staples are in a yellow package I think.

rated:
back bottom of the package mentions sunrise banks, na

rated:
How are people doing the two rebates. 2x $200 gc in one purchase and submit only rebate once? I am thinking about playing it safe and do 1 card 1 rebate twice.

rated:
fwiw, i went with 2 200 on one receipt and submitted the rebate for that one receipt.

rated:
Well apparently not every BB&B carries Visa GCs. I drove 70+ miles to visit 5 different stores. Three of them only carry BB&B and itune GCs and one only has $50 and $25 Visa. Only the last one has the $200. They'd better not deny my rebate.

rated:
unnamedone said:   How are people doing the two rebates. 2x $200 gc in one purchase and submit only rebate once? I am thinking about playing it safe and do 1 card 1 rebate twice.
"If you have multiple offers to submit, you must fill out a separate form for each offer."
Does sound to me like you need to mail in each separately.

rated:
jpessin3 said:   I will call the rebate center tomorrow and ask them about the UPC.
  Please let us know tomorrow.

rated:
Danzilla said:   
unnamedone said:   How are people doing the two rebates. 2x $200 gc in one purchase and submit only rebate once? I am thinking about playing it safe and do 1 card 1 rebate twice.
"If you have multiple offers to submit, you must fill out a separate form for each offer."
Does sound to me like you need to mail in each separately.

You submit two online, you mail in nothing.

rated:
VivYip said:   fwiw, i went with 2 200 on one receipt and submitted the rebate for that one receipt.
  Same here

rated:
unnamedone said:   Well apparently not every BB&B carries Visa GCs. I drove 70+ miles to visit 5 different stores. Three of them only carry BB&B and itune GCs and one only has $50 and $25 Visa. Only the last one has the $200. They'd better not deny my rebate.

Why would you bother?

rated:
unnamedone said:   Well apparently not every BB&B carries Visa GCs. I drove 70+ miles to visit 5 different stores. Three of them only carry BB&B and itune GCs and one only has $50 and $25 Visa. Only the last one has the $200. They'd better not deny my rebate.
  thanks for the HU.  I'll try calling the store closest to me (40 miles away) to find out if they carry them.

rated:
fwiw, the first store i tried didn't have them (store associate knew of the deal, but said my local store wasn't big enough or something...and to goto Rockville, or the bigger ones...in the end, I tried my luck at another store a few miles down the road in gaithersburg...where my attempt to consolidate a few of my rebate cards...encountered a simplistic but stubborn store manager...sigh)

rated:
Has anyone used Vanilla Visa prepaid card to pay for $200 Visa GC?

I have some Vanilla Visas that I can't "cash" (buy MO at WalMart), so this would be a good way to liquidate them and make money to boot.

rated:
gremln007 said:   

Why would you bother?

Because I am a diehard FWer.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Has anyone used Vanilla Visa prepaid card to pay for $200 Visa GC?

I have some Vanilla Visas that I can't "cash" (buy MO at WalMart ), so this would be a good way to liquidate them and make money to boot.

I would try only if a single swipe will cover the whole transaction and the cashier is not checking your card.  Otherwise you would be drawing extra scrutiny and they might not let you buy any at all.  And why the heck did you buy vanilla without a plan to liquidate?

rated:
unnamedone said:   And why the heck did you buy vanilla without a plan to liquidate?Because I got a $200 Vanilla for $155.49 at BJs after AMEX offer.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
unnamedone said:   And why the heck did you buy vanilla without a plan to liquidate?
Because I got a $200 Vanilla for $155.49 at BJs after AMEX offer.

Pay a light bill, utility bell, cell phone bill or insurance bill with it instead of wasting another $5 bucks for conversion.

rated:
Horseymen said:   Pay a light bill, utility bell, cell phone bill or insurance bill with it instead of wasting another $5 bucks for conversion.I'm not "wasting" $5-$6 when I'm getting $25 rebate.

rated:
Don't over complicate things - apply online, which requires scan of receipt. Confirmation suggests claim will be accessible online within 24 hours for verification.

rated:
Just received confirmation, you can buy both Gift cards on same receipt and submit one online rebate with a scan of receipt and back of both packages.

Tracking Details

Here is the current status of your reward submission.

Tracking Number
xxxxxxxxxx
Rebate
$50.00
Promotion
$25 Bed Bath & Beyond Visa Prepaid Card with Purchase of a $200 Visa Prepaid Card at Bed Bath & Beyond 
Submission Type
Date Received
11-28-2016
Status
Valid
Status Detail
Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing.

rated:
Thank you guys for this one,your making someone happy this year.

rated:
Anyone confirm this can be bought with 2x$100 Vanillas (from Shoprite), or with 1x$200 from BBB?

rated:
ocean935 said:   Anyone confirm this can be bought with 2x$100 Vanillas (from Shoprite), or with 1x$200 from BBB?
It's most likely YMMV.  

rated:
thanks again to unnamedone for letting us know that not all stores carry these.
I called the 2 stores closest to me and neither carries them.
I called the 800# and they couldn't tell me which store might have them.

rated:
is there any way to get your money back out of those gift cards without having to actually buy stuff?  

rated:
lemonhead said:   is there any way to get your money back out of those gift cards without having to actually buy stuff?  

pay your cell phone bill or cable bill with them online. You can deplete the whole thing at once and just have a credit balance on your account, that way you don't have to worry about loss or fraud on the card.

rated:
green to op.  red to my local bb&y store that does not sell any gift cards other then itunes & their own.

Skipping 12 Messages...
rated:
jschuman said:   FYI - If you are having issues finding the correct rebate, search by offer number 16-89861 and you will find the correct one from Bed Bath & Beyond
Or under Search by Brand, select Blackhawk (not VISA (Blackhawk)).  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016