• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

5W20 and 10W30 are still available
Mobil 1 Full Synthetic Motor Oil $21.99+tax from Costco.com. Price valid through Nov. 28th

Various grades available, some are selling out. Might be same price at B&M
http://www.costco.com/motor-oil.html 

Member Summary

mobil (17.11kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
5W-30 and 0W-40 OOS already.

rated:
Nice savings off regular discounted price. Note that Costco charges sales tax on full amount before discount. Thanks OP!

rated:
Someone had posted a deal @ WalMart for 19.99

rated:
Maybe this one? https://www.walmart.com/ip/17034374 Not sure where it is on FW.

Two differences, first it's 5qt (at WalMart) vs 6qt (at Costco), and second the Costco is 6x1qt vs 1x5qt.

I want to have a 1qt/1L bottle in the car though I hope never to need it (because I need 0W20 full synthetic, though 5W30 conventional is acceptable substitute). Not sure if the Costco deal is worth it to me, what's the shelf life? Guess I could buy 6 and sell 4 or 5 on CL.

=aw

rated:
0W20 now sold out too.

=aw

rated:
I had done a quick pass to price the oil at WalMart (being a place I figured I could find easily if necessary). Their 0W20 ranged from $7.47 (Valvoline) to $9.88 (Mobil 1). So I figured this Costco deal might be worth it since it's barely more than the price of 2 bottles.

Just did a search of NAPA, AAP, Autozone, O'Reilly, and with one exception they all have a cheaper house brand around $5.50 and otherwise are all more than WalMart on the Valvoline ($9.49) and less on the Mobil 1 ($9.49) though the latter isn't consistently the same exact Mobil 1.

The exception is NAPA, with a $2.99 house brand and $4.99 for the Valvoline, and not apparently a sale. Is there a reason they're so much less (I think of them as interchangeable with the other stores)? And is there any reason to go with Valvoline over NAPA? I'm hoping if I ever need to top up again, I can use 0W20 synthetic and not worry about a full early oil change.

Any feedback on NAPA vs the others, and possible other sources, appreciated.

Thanks!
=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   I had done a quick pass to price the oil at WalMart (being a place I figured I could find easily if necessary). Their 0W20 ranged from $7.47 (Valvoline) to $9.88 (Mobil 1). So I figured this Costco deal might be worth it since it's barely more than the price of 2 bottles.

Just did a search of NAPA, AAP, Autozone, O'Reilly, and with one exception they all have a cheaper house brand around $5.50 and otherwise are all more than WalMart on the Valvoline ($9.49) and less on the Mobil 1 ($9.49) though the latter isn't consistently the same exact Mobil 1.

The exception is NAPA, with a $2.99 house brand and $4.99 for the Valvoline, and not apparently a sale. Is there a reason they're so much less (I think of them as interchangeable with the other stores)? And is there any reason to go with Valvoline over NAPA? I'm hoping if I ever need to top up again, I can use 0W20 synthetic and not worry about a full early oil change.

Any feedback on NAPA vs the others, and possible other sources, appreciated.

Thanks!
=aw

The price of this deal is in line with the pricing for the 5 quart jugs from WalMart. This is the best quart-bottle price I've seen for synthetic oil in a long time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016