This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals
  • filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Pepto original is on sale for $3.99 a bottle. Buy 3, save $5 instantly

then use 3 x .50/1 Man Q's in todays P&G newspaper insert.

net is 99c a bottle.

if you don't have P&G inserts, there is a $1/2 printable on coupons.com but your net price will be higher.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
great deal for when i get that bad cheese.
just ordered 20 coupons.

rated:
I find that Pepto doesn't work well for me.

For me, I need Immodium

TMI lol

rated:
PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I find that Pepto doesn't work well for me.

For me, I need Immodium

TMI lol

glad you didn't post pictures!

rated:

For me, I need Immodium

TMI lol

They work differently. Pepto Bismol causes an increase of absorption of liquids, but it doesn't have any effect on gut motility. Loperamide (the active ingredient of Immodium), is a weak opiate that works only on the digestive system, and like any opiate, it slows down gut motility, allowing more absorption of liquids. Pepto works well for minor indigestion and stomach upset, but not very well for... (ahem), you know. Immodium is the bomb, works faster, takes less doses. Buy the generic stuff that comes in bottles (WalMart Equate or Costco Kirkland), much cheaper.

rated:
SweetClover said:   

For me, I need Immodium

TMI lol

They work differently. Pepto Bismol causes an increase of absorption of liquids, but it doesn't have any effect on gut motility. Loperamide (the active ingredient of Immodium), is a weak opiate that works only on the digestive system, and like any opiate, it slows down gut motility, allowing more absorption of liquids. Pepto works well for minor indigestion and stomach upset, but not very well for... (ahem), you know. Immodium is the bomb, works faster, takes less doses. Buy the generic stuff that comes in bottles (WalMartEquate or Costco Kirkland), much cheaper.

speaking of which...there were reports on the news of immodium being abused by addicts. because it does have a slight opiate in it, they were drinking bottles of it to get their next high.
true story.

rated:
scottvm said: speaking of which...there were reports on the news of immodium being abused by addicts. because it does have a slight opiate in it, they were drinking bottles of it to get their next high.
true story.

Yeah, read about that. The FDA & DEA are considering moving it behind the pharmacy counter like they did with pseudo-ephedrine (because of Meth labs), and limiting purchase amounts. Addicts take massive quantities of 200 to 400 mg (100 to 200 caplets) at once, along with grapefruit juice or Tagamet (they claim that makes it more bio-available). It's very dangerous, chronic abuse causes Torsades de Pointes (a deadly abnormal heart rhythm) which has resulted in death. It's because of increased reports from ER's and Poison Control centers of people seeking help after ingesting to a whole 200 ct bottle, and experiencing symptoms of a cardiac arrest, that changes may be made to OTC purchases. Here is the FDA release about this.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   PutThatCoffeeDOWN said:   I find that Pepto doesn't work well for me.

For me, I need Immodium

TMI lol

glad you didn't post pictures!

Funny you should make that comment. I was perched on throne when I posted about Immodium.

rated:
I didnt check the ad, but my store had $10 min to do this deal.
They've been doing that alot lately with the good deals.

rated:
scottvm said:   I didnt check the ad, but my store had $10 min to do this deal.

Didn't even realize that, do so much shopping at ShopRite, a $10 min is a regular shopping trip for me anyway. Don't give it much thought.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
scottvm said:   I didnt check the ad, but my store had $10 min to do this deal.

Didn't even realize that, do so much shopping at ShopRite, a $10 min is a regular shopping trip for me anyway. Don't give it much thought.

I sometimes notice with some of these deals, that there is a bunch of mumbo jumbo in fine print where they state minimum's. But like you said, most of us spend at least the $10 anyway, so we never pay attention to those details. My next week's ad has the mumbo jumbo on the front page, and the minimum purchase always excludes things like milk, tobacco, postage stamps, gift cards, lottery tickets, etc. Haven't seen what items in the ad itself have minimum purchasing requirements, I do see this with in-ad store Q's.

I do understand why they have purchasing limits, otherwise extreme couponers would clean them out while not making other purchases. Not a big deal if you normally spend at least $25 on your shopping run.

rated:
Price actually comes out to $1.32 bottle ac

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016