• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
11/28 only

Gray color only. Amazon 's description only says "Latest Generation" and "Alexa" but the model number lines up with the home kit model. Works w/ iOS and Android. Can't comment on Android functionality but never had any s/w issues with my 1st gen on iOS. If you are looking for a good smart lock this is a good one that doesn't require much installation effort and especially at $120 is a very cheap point of entry. I ordered on as soon as I saw the deal to upgrade from my Gen 1. I love not having to dig out my keys or distribute to guests. Very easy installation and while not pretty, better looking on the inside  of your home than the other smart locks.  Outside no one can tell you have a smart lock.

$170 if you order direct on Amazon. Order with Alexa and say "Alexa, order an August Smart Lock" an get an additional $50 off for a pre-tax cost of $120. Also $10 Amazon gift card w/ any Alexa's Best Deals ​ like this today so pre-tax cost is really $110.  That is the killer deal if you are in the market for a smart lock as these are normally $200 and rarely discounted much or often. 

If you are thinking about buying but don't have an Alexa product Bed Bath and Beyond and Best Buy sell them at their B&M stores.

Tip 1: you need a WiFi connection to have out of home control but if you have a 4th gen Apple TV you can use that instead of buying August's module. Tip 2: if you buy one remember to keep WiFi enabled on your smartphone. That is how the geofencing on this lock works and knows you are home. The few times my lock has not auto-opened it was because I had WiFi turned off.

LINK 

Member Summary

smart (3.82kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
For me pricing via "Alexa's Best Deals" (before $10 Gift Card promotion) appears as:

$199.00
$149.00 with Alexa
You Save: $50.00 (25%)

Clicking-through to the product page shows Amazon's price at $199 for either color.

rated:
same here

rated:
Obviously Amazon sold out of the gray fast @ that price. Two hour difference between when I posted - after I bought and when you posted. Sorry more didn't get in but not sure why I'm getting red because Amazon sold out quick. Every one here knows the early bird gets the deals.

rated:
Chupa said:   Obviously Amazon sold out of the gray fast @ that price. Two hour difference between when I posted - after I bought and when you posted. Sorry more didn't get in but not sure why I'm getting red because Amazon sold out quick. Every one here knows the early bird gets the deals.
  Not sure that they "sold out" earlier -- the price on the landing page when I first checked was $190.  FWIW, both the dark grey and silver are now available at $169.99 before the $50 Alexa deal savings and $10 gift card ...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016