• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I been  looking for this test and it is now on sale.  Great for family members and xmas present.

Enjoy click this link AncestryDNATest

Member Summary

ancestry (34.68kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
NM - double posted for some reason.

blickman (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 2:03a) |

if you are asian, this one is not worth it...

darkxkiller (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 8:38a) |

Ditto and Ditto!

yuman (Nov. 29, 2016 @ 3:17p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Who's your daddy ?

rated:
I cant tell if that orange cone works or not

rated:
shipping was $10 for the first kit and $5 for each additional kit. ebates has 7.5% cash back and top cashback had 11.25%. good deal. thank you!

rated:
Awesome!! I've been wanting to get this...great price!

rated:
What was the outcome of the police trying to get access to these DNA databases for solving crimes?

rated:
Wow I missed the ebates rebate, still got a great deal

rated:
I don't get it...of what consequence is that that your relatives came from Denmark 90 years ago?

rated:
My son wanted to know his ancestry so I got one of these tests. I requested the raw DNA and paid $5 to promethease labs for the genetic testing. I got back over 5,000 pages of data. I already knew my son had a blood clotting factor. The hospital billed me $565 to tell me he had that factor and for $5 I got the same results and many more. It confirmed another genetic disorder (one that the cost over 5k to test for and my insurance denied testing for) and a sensitivity to medication we suspected. I know there is controversy over having DNA out there but for $5 extra it has helped us so much with medical care for our whole family.

rated:
I want medical insights. If I buy this, can I import my data to another site for medical info?

rated:
sychosteve said:   I want medical insights. If I buy this, can I import my data to another site for medical info?
  I had just posted above. I got this test and used the raw data at  promethease for th $5 medical testing. It took about 10 minutes and was very helpful for some genetic issues our family has. The tests would have run thousands at the hospital.

rated:
Great information, I will follow and do the same

rated:
I just tried and it told me the server was down.

rated:
Keep refreshing - server is up and down intermittently.

Any way to get free shipping?

rated:
Fatwallet effect

rated:
Is this worth it?  I was about to jump on the last 23andme sale mentioned on Fatwallet, but was discouraged based on several comments stating that it was lame.

rated:
Lugs said:   Is this worth it?  I was about to jump on the last 23andme sale mentioned on Fatwallet, but was discouraged based on several comments stating that it was lame.
  I live in Utah (not a native) and ancestry research is extremely important to my neighbors. I have heard people discuss for hours the differences between the 3 majors services.
Ancestry DNA is better if you want to do extensive genealogy or connect with long lost 5th cousins. The database is the largest by far.
If you are looking for very specific ancestry , this is where some people lean towards 23andme. There are some European and African regions that on ancestry just say (for example) 7% eastern European and there is a circle over 3 countries so it is not as specific as 23andme. If you are looking to see if you are 4% Polish or 11% Syrian than you might want to go with 23andme.
Ancestry cheap $69 regularly $99 test 100% guaranteed gives you the raw data needed to run the $5 medical tests as well as other research. It has not been confirmed if the new low cost 23andme will give you the raw data. 23andme charges $100 for the same $5 tests that you can get with Ancestry raw data.
I knew that I wanted the raw data and the medical information and raw data was most important so I went with ancestry.

The holiday turn around is going to be bad. 23andme has been taking slightly longer to process. Living in Utah (that is where they process the DNA) my son got his results in 2.5 weeks with ancestry which is way faster than I expected.

rated:
Awesome - thanks Sisterbear, I was wondering about downloading the data to get medical info too. Nice to hear that's possible!

Thanks for posting Mirtin!

rated:
Keep trying as after 1.r hrs of trying was able to place order for 2 kits.  Thanks OP.

rated:
Read the fine print on what they do with your DNA data. This leads to your info being used for all sorts of stuff, including research. Read the privacy section. Seems there is nothing more personal, to me, than your dna. Interesting that so many people are willing to do this. Once they have it you will not be able to have it deleted from their database. They will surrender your info if lawfully requested. Better hope they get the right one every time. Their stock will be much higher in the future as their database grows. p.s. Very interesting the testing for genetic illnesses which I understand.

rated:
Thanks OP! I've been waiting for a deal on this for some time. Got one for an Xmas gift.  FYI, took about an hour to get through.

rated:
My wife did the Ancestry DNA and found the results surprising.

rated:
Ancestry.com is an untrustworthy company.

See http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2015/04/my...
tl;dr - Customers paid up to $240/year for a family social network (started in '98 well before Facebook, MySpace, and Friendster) and then in 2014 Ancestry.com shut down the social network w/o having the promised export tools. Families who paid for the service lost tons of correspondence and memories they had accumulated over the years.

rated:
FYI - Promotion extended.  Website now says: *Offer expires on Nov. 29 at 11:59 p.m. PT. so more time to get deal if you want it.

rated:
NM - double posted for some reason.

rated:
if you are asian, this one is not worth it...

rated:
Ditto and Ditto!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016