• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

TCL 55" 4k Ultra HD 2160p 120Hz Roku Smart LED TV - Black (55US5800)
$339.99
http://www.target.com/p/tcl-55-4k-ultra-hd-2160p-120hz-roku-smart-led-tv-black-55us5800/-/A-50480469 

save additional 15% in cart offer details

Deal was popular at $387 just last month

More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
Member Summary
This is 60Hz NATIVE, 120Hz is effective.
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Using a Target Red card also gets you an additional 5% off at final checkout ! (tried it and it works) .

rated:
Great deal !! I got mine on Black Friday !

rated:
Discover 5 % off as well

rated:
Great deal on a good looking TV.

rated:

Below is a review on Target. .perhaps a defective unit...also rtings has review on roku tv.  Price is too good to pass up.

Cons: The downside is that it has the fading effect during dark sequences and truly fails to look good during dark sequences. It doesn't have HDR. It also achieves 4k by means of 4 1080p mini screens being projected on 1/4 of the screen. Basically, they are just split-screening on 1 tv and providing 1/4 of the image to each mini tv. It is glitchy (possibly because I bought a defective one) and I often experience app crashes, especially when watching Netflix, but not strictly because of Netflix. Occasionally, it will even fully turn off and reboot out of nowhere if I just happen to leave an app open for a while. During 4k content, I occasionally see pixel glitches on 1/4, 2/4, or 3/4 of the screen where it flashes several white lines through that part of the screen. Notes: I may buy another one just to be sure, but if that one glitches, then it is no longer just a defective tv, but a defective model.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/tcl/us5800 

For a 4k TV, the TCL US5800 isn't terrible but still at the bottom of the range. For most usages, 'average' would be the word to summarize its performances. It has more blur than ideal, its colors aren't that good and the fact that the TV can't get bright emphasis its reflections issues. The main strength of the TCL US5800 is really its strong Roku smart platform

rated:
OOS

rated:
It is also a great deal for the price.

rated:
Expired. It was possibly valid only for Cyber Monday.

rated:
I got one of these last month @ the slightly higher price for my bedroom. Really good picture quality, tons of apps, and CHEAP. I did end up buying a soundbar as audio sucks, but I'd recommend this to anyone.

rated:
Will not be the last we see similar deal.

rated:
I got a Westinghouse from Target last night (actually 2am today) for $282+tax after 15% Cyber Monday and 5% RedCard.

I've always said I wasn't willing to pay extra for smart TV (better to stick in an upgradable Roku for example). This is a "smart tv" but with only 3 apps or something and no way to add (according to a review). So I assign no value to that feature. I also assume it doesn't support HDCP 2.2 but again I don't know if I care this year. My 55" Changhong at home (a bargain at $400 just 8 months ago) has been nice even with no features beyond upscaling to UHD.

The Westinghouse was listed as the last one in stock and I already got the email to come pick it up. Not sure whether I'm optimistic or pessimistic about what I'll get.

I agree there will be more bargains like these, I suspect $299 will become the new basis price for bottom end 55" 4K TVs. This TCL at $339 looks like it was a better deal.

=aw

rated:
Shows 499 to me, deal is dead?

rated:
The 15% was Cyber Monday only AFAIK.

=aw

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016