• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

15-Quart Clear Tote with Latching Lid + Free Gift with Purchase 66 Quart Clear Tote
$4.98
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hefty-15-Quart-Clear-Tote-with-Latching-Lid/50261171 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is an ok deal. Understand what youre getting. Youre buying a tote the size of a shoebox, and getting a 66quart tote for free, which is average size.

rated:
OP, you totally missed the point here. The deal is that with the purchase of the small tote you get the large one free. So a large one ($10) AND a small one ($5) for $5 total shipped.

rated:
If you add item to card it automatically adds a 66 qt one too. Price for 66 qt one shows as $9. something but total at bottom still says 4.98.

Glitch in system? Will they ship it if ordered? I tried it and order went through. Wait and see

rated:
wtjc said:   If you add item to card it automatically adds a 66 qt one too. Price for 66 qt one shows as $9. something but total at bottom still says 4.98.

Glitch in system? Will they ship it if ordered? I tried it and order went through. Wait and see

I ordered mine for store pick up hours ago and already picked them up.

rated:
uafgrad said:   OP, you totally missed the point here. The deal is that with the purchase of the small tote you get the large one free. So a large one ($10) AND a small one ($5) for $5 total shipped.
  Thanks I updated the thread.

rated:
This is probably a price mistake. If you click on the 66 quart, it says "FREE Hefty 15-qt storage tote with latching lid, a $4.98 value, when you buy this item. FREE item added to cart with purchase. While supplies last. In-use/lifestyle images - accessories not included.". So the way it should have worked is you buy a $10 66quart tote, and get the 15 quart one for free. But instead, you can do the opposite.

rated:
Ordered 5 for pickup and ordered 5 more shipped (to hedge my bet in case one gets cancelled).  Will see what happens.

rated:
Worked for me, I ordered the small and got a free large (though the small was $5.48 now). Ordered shipped so we'll see. If I'm going near Lowes I may order for pickup too.

And 6% at TCB.

Are these decently thick plastic? I'm getting addicted to the Ikea SAMLA boxes because the plastic is much stronger than the flimsy 89c shoeboxes from HD or food boxes from the dollar store.

Thanks OP!
=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   Worked for me, I ordered the small and got a free large (though the small was $5.48 now). Ordered shipped so we'll see. If I'm going near Lowes I may order for pickup too.

And 6% at TCB.

Are these decently thick plastic? I'm getting addicted to the Ikea SAMLA boxes because the plastic is much stronger than the flimsy 89c shoeboxes from HD or food boxes from the dollar store.

Thanks OP!
=aw

Hefty totes are my faves.  The plastic is stronger than the cheaper totes HD & Lowes sell-- like the flip top ones.  Once I started collecting Hefty I stopped getting the cheap ones.

rated:
Thanks. I also like the Ikea because each larger footprint is twice the previous so they stack well (lids are extra, and clips are extra too, though). Only downside is the smallest "shoebox" type is about 3/4" too long to fit on a Billy bookcase lengthwise, which also means the next size up is too wide to fit sideways. Considering Billy is their best-selling item ever, that seems poor planning (I have optional doors on mine so I can't just let it hang off).

Looking forward to these totes from Lowes.

=aw

rated:
Deal appears dead.  No free tote with the 15-quart now.

rated:
Now works the opposite way - buy the 66 qt and the 15 qt goes in your quart for free.  So, previous deal was probably a mistake that is fixed now.

rated:
Other than "your order is in process", no word on either order (in-store pickup or shipped) since last night. Not holding my breath that either one will go through. 

rated:
I called the store and they said my order was cancelled because they were out. But 2 of my 3 online orders have shipped.

rated:
Ordered Nov. 29 for free delivery. Cancellation email just now "Due to unusually high order volumes, we are unable to fulfill your order placed with Lowes.com"

It was worth a try. I didn't want them enough to do store pickup so my bad. Thanks OP

rated:
Dilly101 said:   Other than "your order is in process", no word on either order (in-store pickup or shipped) since last night. Not holding my breath that either one will go through. 
  Update: Finally received two emails tonight.  Shipped order was cancelled (email said "Oops we made a mistake!"), but in-store order is ready for pickup. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016