• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Obihai (41.46kB)
Disclaimer
For one day only, Newegg has the Obihai OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router  on sale for $55.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This is only $1.00 higher than Amazon's lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel. It is also $5.99 higher than Newegg's lowest price ever. 

• Works with Google Voice
  • Easy to Set-Up Using OBiTALK.com
  • Also Supports T.38 Fax and SIP Bring Your Own Device Services like Anveo Callcentric, Voip.ms, etc.
  • Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services Across Two (2) Phone Ports
  • 1x USB for Obihai Accessories OBiWiFi and OBiB

Rated 4.6/5 stars with 2,745 customer reviews on Amazon.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $68.50 from B&H and Amazon.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You beat me to this post! Thanks for the reminder that this was going to be on sale today.

Got one.

rated:
I have several models of Obi's, they work well.

If for no other reason, Please consider buying one for safety purposes.
Consider having an Obi for insurance -- what happens when your kids are home alone, or with a baby sitter, and the cell phone is misplaced, or the cell phone battery is dead?
Or perhaps you are sick of the crappy cell phone signal in your house, or tired of people asking you what you said because the voice quality of cells phones is worse than VOIP or a traditional land line.
Or you just want to save a lot of money, compared to traditional land lines!

Bonus, with the Obi 202, you can have two simultaneous conversations at once!  Your roomate, wife or kids can be on one line, and you can still receive and make calls on the other line.
Works with Google Voice which is free, or with many VOIP providers.

NO monthly fees involved (after warranty expires, you can download firmware updates for free manually) or you can pay $10 a year for Premium Technical support which will give you auto updates
Obi extras cost $4.99 a month

Best quality and less hassle: connect OBi to router with ethernet cable.  Use cordless phones, to extend from there, or connect to home wiring (after making absolutely sure your inside phone wiring is disconnected from the Telco wiring)

rated:
Is there a monthly fee involved?  Looks like Obitalk charges $4.95/mo to use Google Voice, is that correct?

rated:
kimgkimg said:   Is there a monthly fee involved?  Looks like Obitalk charges $4.95/mo to use Google Voice, is that correct?

You can use it free with google voice.

Lots of discussion of Obi & GV in this recent topic: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1542540

rated:
Can this work with the FAR USB Wi-Fi adaptor from Newegg yesterday?

rated:
kimgkimg said:   Is there a monthly fee involved?  Looks like Obitalk charges $4.95/mo to use Google Voice, is that correct?
  I believe $4.99 / month is only if you choose to buy OBiExtras which gives additional features.

rated:
I've been using Obi with google voice for about 2 years and have not had to pay for anything extra. Call quality is excellent and my internet speed is 10mbps (which has proven more than adequate for streaming and obi).

rated:
jonny206 said:   I've been using Obi with google voice for about 2 years and have not had to pay for anything extra. Call quality is excellent and my internet speed is 10mbps (which has proven more than adequate for streaming and obi).
Just wait until they decide to charge you for firmware upgrades just to keep it working. My Obi100 no longer works with Google Voice and I can't upgrade the firmware to work without paying Obi. While I don't think companies should be expected to support their hardware forever, it's still a little hard to take that they have working firmware but I have to pay for it.

EDIT: apparently it can be done manually as explained HERE.

rated:
Can this work with the FAR USB Wi-Fi adaptor from Newegg yesterday?
To answer my own question, I tested the dongle from http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1542710 I just received on my OBI200 and found it to be working perfectly. So this is a cheap alternative to OBI's expensive Wi-Fi adaptor.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016