DirecTV Now: 3-Months of 100+ Channel Streaming + 32GB Apple TV $105

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Apple TV Offer
Disclaimer
DirecTV Now.com offers 3-Months of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) for $105 ($35 per month).  https://directvnow.com/appletv#slide1

Alternatively, they offer 1-Month of their Go Big 100+ Channel Streaming TV Subscription Package + Bonus Amazon Fire TV Stick for $35 ($35 per month). Thanks brett_lindsey [Discuss]

Note, you must prepay for 3-months to receive a free 32GB Apple TV (4th Gen) device.  https://directvnow.com/appletv 
Click this link here to redeem & stream
Otherwise, sign-up here and download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play
DirecTV Now will be available at launch through the following:
Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
Android mobile devices and tablets
iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers

thanks also to monkeybiz/fw

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yes, especially sports. Watching ESPN on Playstation Vue does that a lot.

montee4 (Feb. 15, 2017 @ 6:04a) |

I lost track so I see that this thread is 77 days old so I have some free trial left. Probably pay a month or so longer ... (more)

Monkeybiz (Feb. 15, 2017 @ 12:29p) |

Wow. Now whatever they did for the free HBO preview has put blanks in the guide making channels unselectable. Does their... (more)

RJG (Feb. 17, 2017 @ 7:09p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Blistering deal. Apple TV itself is $150. Plus, from a quick scan of the terms, it looks like you lock in the 100 channel package at $35/mo? If so, this is a must-do.

4th Gen 32GB Apple TV is ~$135, so this *appears* to be a great deal if you're looking for a new provider. No live locals though, which would really have sealed it for me.

Sounds like a pretty good deal - 4th gen Apple TV for ~30% off. Plus some weird streaming thing for a few months that needs to be cancelled.
QuickWrench said:   4th Gen 32GB Apple TV is ~$135, so this *appears* to be a great deal if you're looking for a new provider. No live locals though, which would really have sealed it for me.

yeah, live locals + DVR

ETA:
The terms say one free device per EMAIL address.... I wonder how many Apple TVs one could get for $105..

Could you stream direcTV-Now on multiple tv's in a household? 

nitesurfer said:   Could you stream direcTV-Now on multiple tv's in a household? 
  Up to 2 devices at the same time is the limit.

Problem with ALL streaming is that you can NOT forward through commercials. No go for me. I don't need to watch repetitive commercials in each show.

Are the local channels such as NBC live streams when streamed from an Apple TV?

I saw this on a local channel lineup screen.  **NBC live stream available on mobile and desktop devices only
I'm not sure what that means for Apple TV.

Does it come with DVR or onDemand. I am paying similar price for VUE now. It could be a good alternative.

mysteryAgain said:   Does it come with DVR. I am paying similar price for VUE now. It could be a good alternative.
  DVR is supposed to be coming in 2017.

Redbeard25 said:   
mysteryAgain said:   Does it come with DVR. I am paying similar price for VUE now. It could be a good alternative.

what about onDemand?

QuickWrench said:   No live locals though, which would really have sealed it for me.
  Live locals in select markets.

mysteryAgain said:   
Redbeard25 said:   

what about onDemand?

They have a 72-hour "catch up" VOD for most channels.

what are the terms if you cancel after 3 months? Do I keep apple TV? I want to try for 3 months, if it works great, I keep it. If not, I go back to VUE.

So let me get this straight. There is no contract? You pay $105, get a free apple TV and cancel service after 3 months? I wanted to buy another apple TV and I already have cable. Free streaming for 3 months will be nice.

king0fSpades said:   So let me ask again. There is no contract? You pay $105, get a free apple TV and cancel service after 3 months? I wanted to buy another apple TV and I already have cable. Free streaming for 3 months will be nice.
  I haven't see anything about being locked into a contract after the 3 months is up which means the AppleTV is yours to keep.

Agree. Sounds like a good deal for 3 months with Apple TV for $105. In for one.

I am! Great deal and with two streams you can share with family. $35 plus tax is locked if you keep I contacted them and they verified it.

Anyone know if you get this deal do you also get unlimited data if you have an ATT cell plan?

deren said:   Anyone know if you get this deal do you also get unlimited data if you have an ATT cell plan?
  You do also get unlimited data streaming if you have AT&T Cellular Service with the DirectV or DirectVNOW.

duke5150 said:   Problem with ALL streaming is that you can NOT forward through commercials. No go for me. I don't need to watch repetitive commercials in each show.
  This is a show-stopper for me. I've been using a DVR for too long to give up on skipping through commercials and pausing live TV.

Any offers for current D* customers?

rsuaver said:   Any offers for current D* customers?

yep, the same as everyone else 

4K?

In for 1.

rsuaver said:   Any offers for current D* customers?
  Expecting better deal than this intro promo? 

No 4K for you.

Would be a great deal if I can just get a stand alone high speed internet service for $35/mo since my current FIOS Double Play (internet and TV ) is about $70/mo including tax and fees.

oharag1 said:   No 4K for you.
  Do you currently get 4K from your current cable provider?  I don't remember ever seeing 4K broadcasting channel from Verizon FIOS.

Danzilla said:   https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1542553
  MC should give a credit to MonkeyBiz for posting it on Nov 28th.

​I am using PlayStation Vue TV service and it has been great so far: paying $29 and it includes DVR services.

However, recently they lost Viacom Networks ( Comedy Central, MTV, Spike, Nickelodeon, VH1 and more), which is kinda a bummer.

So I cancelled vue and signed up for this. After 3 months, I'll decide whether I keep DirectTV or go back to Vue, while keeping apple TV.

Can you buy this with a Prepaid card? I don't want to even take a chance on a contract. I'd have it shipped to my workplace with a fake name even.

mysteryAgain said:   ​I am using PlayStation Vue TV service and it has been great so far: paying $29 and it includes DVR services.

However, recently they lost Viacom Networks ( Comedy Central, MTV, Spike, Nickelodeon, VH1 and more), which is kinda a bummer.

So I cancelled vue and signed up for this. After 3 months, I'll decide whether I keep DirectTV or go back to Vue, while keeping apple TV.

Same here.  It was a no brainer after Vue lost the Viacom channels.  I can't see me going back to Vue.  The $35 promo deal is too good to drop.  Plus, as an AT&T customer, I can stream the app with no impact to my data limits.

duke5150 said:   Problem with ALL streaming is that you can NOT forward through commercials. No go for me. I don't need to watch repetitive commercials in each show.

Let your channel play for 4 minutes, then hit << button to go back 4 minutes, then play "live" channe; and watch.  When the next commercial appears, hit >> for 2 minutes.  Rinse. Repeat.

If you try to game it too much and go back too far, it will jump back ahaead to live.

BWS said:   
king0fSpades said:   So let me ask again. There is no contract? You pay $105, get a free apple TV and cancel service after 3 months? I wanted to buy another apple TV and I already have cable. Free streaming for 3 months will be nice.
  I haven't see anything about being locked into a contract after the 3 months is up which means the AppleTV is yours to keep.

You don;t even have to use / activate the AppleTV.  If you go INTO a CORPORATE OWNED AT&T store you can walk out with the AppleTV in hand. 

Thanks. Just ordered for the Apple TV..and oh yeah..free Direct TV for 3 months.

Does this offer have an expiration date?
Can you start the subscription in the new year?

zapy said:   
BWS said:   

You don;t even have to use / activate the AppleTV.  If you go INTO a CORPORATE OWNED AT&T store you can walk out with the AppleTV in hand. 

So this deal is available at AT&T store and can get Apple TV device at a corporate store? Nice~

Skipping 169 Messages...
Wow. Now whatever they did for the free HBO preview has put blanks in the guide making channels unselectable. Does their team test anything?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017