• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

LG X Power 4G Android Phone
$9.99
https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phones/smartphones/lg-x-power-cyber.html

*Offer ends 1/5/17. Req's new line of svc w/ qual. plan (min. $30/mo.) Taxes & restr's apply. See offer details.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Mar. 28, 2017 @ 5:48am
Member Summary

LG X power (12.65kB)
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Does Tmobile LTE work well with this phone?

mAdMaLuDaWg (Dec. 19, 2016 @ 11:11a) |

Yes if you add the APN info.

zoid99 (Dec. 19, 2016 @ 11:15a) |

awww...darn it..... OOS

Larryslug (Jan. 01, 2017 @ 9:06p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I am just looking for a cheap phone to use it on pay-as-you-go minute plan something like H2O. Can I buy this and not renew the 2nd month on-wards? Will it be locked? Will I be able to use it on other GSM mvnos?

rated:
Seems like a pretty solid phone on the cheap.

My sister wants a better phone than her HTC 512, I need a number to port to another carrier to get a deal on another phone, we both win.

rated:
From the LG website:
Summary
Screen Size 5.3 inches
Screen Resolution 1,280 x 720 pixels
Battery Capacity 4,100 mAh (non-removable)
Camera Resolution 8 MP
Processor Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 1.3 GHz Quad-Core MSM8909
Memory 1.5 GB RAM
Storage 16 GB (up to 9.75 GB usable) - expandable via microSD™ card (sold separately)
Carrier Cricket

rated:
Boochi said:   I am just looking for a cheap phone to use it on pay-as-you-go minute plan something like H2O. Can I buy this and not renew the 2nd month on-wards? Will it be locked? Will I be able to use it on other GSM mvnos?
  yes, you can cancel before renewal. You will not get any prorated funds back. 
The phone will remain locked to Cricket.

You can get the phone and opt for the unlimited $70 plan and Cricket will unlock the device immediately.
Or you can try to find a cheap unlock on eBay.  search for  unlock code lg x power cricket

rated:
i already have cricket service on one phone. is it possible to buy this and switch the sims? my current kyocera hydro sucks!!

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   i already have cricket service on one phone. is it possible to buy this and switch the sims? my current kyocera hydro sucks!!
  Yes, I am doing just that for my sister. She recently got an Alcatel Ideal, which is not a great phone, and while she hasn't complained, she isn't crazy about it.

I bought this one as a new line, will pull the SIM it comes with, and put her SIM in it. I may go through the activation of the SIM for the new line on another phone, but not for any particular reason.

I expect that the phone will be locked to Cricket and AT&T, my sister has been a Cricket user for over a year. I nearly went with the 5s, but when I saw this I was very happy. Even at $40 I find this phone to be more of a bargain than the 5s, I use a 5s every day, and it you aren't a dedicated Apple only type, it doesn't offer much value compared to something like this phone.

rated:
I will have to see if these are still available just prior to the end of the promotion.  If I can add one of these as a second line to my account and get $10 off, that would make the deal even sweeter.  To get this phone and a month of service for $30 would be hard to beat.  If it sells out I'll not be too disappointed either.

rated:
Can you still use Cricket handsets with AT&T? I thought I read that you can't, but I wasn't paying much attention.

I tried putting my H2O SIM (another AT&T MVNO) in a Cricket handset and it was rejected.

=aw

rated:
ottawa said:   Can you still use Cricket handsets with AT&T? I thought I read that you can't, but I wasn't paying much attention.

I tried putting my H2O SIM (another AT&T MVNO) in a Cricket handset and it was rejected.

=aw

Not without unlocking. You can however use an ATT device on Cricket.

rated:
spdracer5g said:   
prastogi2012 said:   i already have cricket service on one phone. is it possible to buy this and switch the sims? my current kyocera hydro sucks!!
  Yes, I am doing just that for my sister. She recently got an Alcatel Ideal, which is not a great phone, and while she hasn't complained, she isn't crazy about it.

I bought this one as a new line, will pull the SIM it comes with, and put her SIM in it. I may go through the activation of the SIM for the new line on another phone, but not for any particular reason.

I expect that the phone will be locked to Cricket and AT&T, my sister has been a Cricket user for over a year. I nearly went with the 5s, but when I saw this I was very happy. Even at $40 I find this phone to be more of a bargain than the 5s, I use a 5s every day, and it you aren't a dedicated Apple only type, it doesn't offer much value compared to something like this phone.

but the other line also needs to be kept active for 1 month so actual cost is $40 , right? and unlocking would require the cost to move up to $80.

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   
spdracer5g said:   

but the other line also needs to be kept active for 1 month so actual cost is $40 , right? and unlocking would require the cost to move up to $80.

Unlock code for $2.10. Link

rated:
The best thing about this is the 4100 mAh battery, but it is not removable. A little light on RAM, a lot of complaints about the quick charge not working, ho-hum camera, but a great deal at $10.

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   
spdracer5g said:   

The phone is only $9.99 if you are activating a new line, they will not sell it without also adding $30.00 for the first months service. There is no obligation beyond that. If you don't want to pay the $30 for a months service you don't want, you can buy the phone as an upgrade for $99.99, and don't need to pay for a months service.

You are going to pay for service on your existing line anyway, so that doesn't really make any difference to the cost of this deal. No, you can't add the month of service that this deal requires to your current line, the only thing you can do with that paid for service would be to sell it to somebody (not sure who would buy it, but you could probably sell the activated SIM with a months service pretty easily for $10), or you could use the new SIM in your old phone for a month for whatever you want to, or just forget the SIM and month of service and look at the price for this phone as $39.99, there is free shipping, and taxes for me only came to 80 cents.

To have Cricket unlock the phone you would need to either subscribe to the $70 unlimited plan, or one of their other plans for six months. There are a bunch of services on eBay who will sell you an unlock code for the phone for less than $3. I plan on buying an unlock code for the phone just because, my sister is going to use it on Cricket, but having it unlocked is always nice, she may want to change service, she may decide to sell the phone later and it will be worth more unlocked. The only other service this phone would be useful with would really be AT&T and AT&T MVNO's, this phone appears to be missing a couple of important bands for T-Mobile based services in non refarmed areas.

rated:
chubbypops said:   The best thing about this is the 4100 mAh battery, but it is not removable. A little light on RAM, a lot of complaints about the quick charge not working, ho-hum camera, but a great deal at $10.
  A great deal for 3/4 of me. I'm a cheap snob with phones. The less than 13MP camera would bother me to no end. Less than 2GB RAM & 32GB memory also.

But it is a GREAT price. And probably good for 95%+ of folks.

rated:
$10 but require minimum of $40 one month service. Not bad if you are switching or need a phone for Cricket Wireless.

rated:
MustSav3 said:   $10 but require minimum of $40 one month service. Not bad if you are switching or need a phone for Cricket Wireless.
  minimum is $30

rated:
There are services on eBay to unlock the x power for a few bucks. Anybody know if there would be any restrictions to unlock this immediately after getting it and replacing with another cheap unlocked phone. I was going to buy a lg k7 but this is a much better deal.

rated:
Moneymitch said:   There are services on eBay to unlock the x power for a few bucks. Anybody know if there would be any restrictions to unlock this immediately after getting it and replacing with another cheap unlocked phone. I was going to buy a lg k7 but this is a much better deal.
  Unlock it before doing anything else and it is yours to do with as you please. Don't turn it on first with the Cricket SIM installed.

rated:
If you want to use it with an existing Cricket line you shouldn't even have to unlock it, you could just put your old SIM in.

Note that it comes with a nano (not tri-cut) SIM. So did the Lumia 650. You can buy adapters on eBay but I just used the frame from an H2O tricut (which had the nano part punched out) as a free adapter to put the Cricket nano SIM into an old full-size (technically "mini") SIM phone.

And I know it's a known, but my H2O SIM did not work in the Lumia 650 before unlocking the handset, even though both are AT&T MVNOs (and elsewhere someone confirmed that Cricket phones can't be used on AT&T without unlocking first).

=aw

rated:
chubbypops said:   
Moneymitch said:   There are services on eBay to unlock the x power for a few bucks. Anybody know if there would be any restrictions to unlock this immediately after getting it and replacing with another cheap unlocked phone. I was going to buy a lg k7 but this is a much better deal.
  Unlock it before doing anything else and it is yours to do with as you please. Don't turn it on first with the Cricket SIM installed.

Ok so just make sure I have a sim from another provider in the phone when I turn it on correct? I'd like to use it with bluegreen/ tmobile.

rated:
Right, I stuck my H2O (AT&T MVNO) nano SIM in the Cricket Lumia 650 and it prompted for unlock code.

=aw

rated:
once unlocked, can this be used with Verizon too? this is K450 for Cricket.

rated:
Great price, find it timely.

rated:
Has anyone unlocked this successfully ? I have T-Mobile so plan to use it on T-Mobile once unlocked

rated:
tariqejaz said:   Has anyone unlocked this successfully ? I have T-Mobile so plan to use it on T-Mobile once unlocked
  Unlocked and using it on T-Mobile.  I used "jerrbolto-0" on eBay for the unlock for $2.70.  I got the unlock code in about 5 hours.  I did have to manually add the APN settings for T-Mobile following this guide.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28990

Great phone for the $40 out of pocket.

rated:
zoid99 said:   
tariqejaz said:   Has anyone unlocked this successfully ? I have T-Mobile so plan to use it on T-Mobile once unlocked
  Unlocked and using it on T-Mobile.  I used "jerrbolto-0" on eBay for the unlock for $2.70.  I got the unlock code in about 5 hours.  I did have to manually add the APN settings for T-Mobile following this guide.

rated:
mAdMaLuDaWg said:   
zoid99 said:   
  Unlocked and using it on T-Mobile.  I used "jerrbolto-0" on eBay for the unlock for $2.70.  I got the unlock code in about 5 hours.  I did have to manually add the APN settings for T-Mobile following this guide.

Yes if you add the APN info.

rated:
awww...darn it..... OOS

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017