TiVo BOLT 1000 GB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (R84900) - $209.99 FS @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TiVo BOLT 1 TB Unified Entertainment System - White
Disclaimer
Amazon has the TiVo BOLT 1000 GB DVR: Digital Video Recorder and Streaming Media Player (R84900) on sale for $209.99 with free shipping.
Deal Notes: This beats the previous lowest price ever by $18.14 from Amazon according to Camelcamelcamel

• Record 4 shows at once and up to 150 hours of HD programming.(1) Replaces your cable box and works with your existing subscription (requires CableCARD); or plugs into any HD antenna to record over-the-air channels easily (over -the-air reception varies by location and is impacted by multiple factors).
  • Your favorite streaming apps are fully integrated: No more switching inputs, remotes or devices. Access Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO GO, Hulu, Pandora and more from one, integrated experience.
  • Watch eye-popping 4K/UHD content. Fully 4K/Ultra High-Definition compatible right out of the box, so you can soak up all that crisp color, clarity and detail.
  • SkipMode allows you to skip through entire commercial breaks of recorded shows at the press of a single button. QuickMode lets you watch recorded shows 30% faster with pitch-corrected audio.
  • TiVo service subscription is required. Options include a monthly service plan at $14.99/mo and a 1-year commitment and an annual service plan at $149.99/year.

Rated 4/5 stars with 1,212 customer reviews.The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $299.99 from Tivo.com.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This has been $149 directly from Tivo. Out of stock for 1TB right now, but still at $149.

Got in on that deal, but wish I had the 1TB option.

IMHO - if you're going to buy a Tivo, get a lifetime service plan. The monthly or annual plans are way too expensive and these boxes don't work without a service plan. If the lifetime service plan is too expensive for you, then buy a different DVR with a cheaper plan.

Agreed.

donrull said:   This has been $149 directly from Tivo. Out of stock for 1TB right now, but still at $149.
  I assume you mean the refurb ones are 149...as these show up as $299 directly from Tivo.

I have lifetime Tivo for over 3 years, it works great
It saves me from paying Charter the $19.99 dvr fees per month, They hit me $2 a month for the mutlistream cable card
The math really worked well for me, plus the Tivo hasn't missed a show in that entire time, we used to have the Charter dvr miss a couple per week

Can't you buy a cable card now?

Also renting a cablecard, but it's $5 from Verizon/month. Never heard of buying a cablecard.

I dumped cable several months ago, but had read that consumers have the right to purchase both set top boxes and cable cards. I see that set top boxes are available, but I can't find anything on cable cards. Sorry about that!

One caveat, Tivo series 4 and higher have a software glitch C423 where the higher series cannot see or transfer to or from a Series 3 unit.

mrdeucie said:   Also renting a cablecard, but it's $5 from Verizon/month. Never heard of buying a cablecard.
  eBay has M Card for about $6

LORENW said:   
mrdeucie said:   Also renting a cablecard, but it's $5 from Verizon/month. Never heard of buying a cablecard.
  eBay has M Card for about $6

I'm sure you can buy one, but will our service providers activate them and allow us to use it on their networks?

LORENW said:   
  eBay has M Card for about $6

I'll sell you one for $5, 3 for $12. 

IMHO - if you're going to buy a Tivo, get a lifetime service plan.
I agree, but... Lifetime Service is $550 now! Breaks even in the 4th year, which is okay, but that's still a lot of money to put out.

Love my TiVo, but not sure about committing $550 to them for future services.

=aw

I wish... Comcast is my only option. While they don't charge for a CableCard if it's your only device, as soon as you add another box (or another CableCard) they charge a "Digital Outlet Fee" for which is (surprise!) the same cost as renting a box -- $9.95. For each additional device you add on top of that it's yet another fee. As much as I'd love to try a TiVo, unfortunately paying $25/mo ($10 + $15) is a complete non-starter -- seriously f*** Comcast. I filed an FCC complaint which of course didn't go anywhere. 

magnafides said:   

I wish... Comcast is my only option. While they don't charge for a CableCard if it's your only device, as soon as you add another box (or another CableCard) they charge a "Digital Outlet Fee" for which is (surprise!) the same cost as renting a box -- $9.95. For each additional device you add on top of that it's yet another fee. As much as I'd love to try a TiVo, unfortunately paying $25/mo ($10 + $15) is a complete non-starter -- seriously f*** Comcast. I filed an FCC complaint which of course didn't go anywhere. 

You only need 1 cable card if you use the Tivo mini's on your other tvs

harry12345 said:   
magnafides said:   

You only need 1 cable card if you use the Tivo mini's on your other tvs

Was coming here to post the same.  Though a Tivo mini is another $150 you have to invest.  Totally makes sense for a multi-TV household though and you'll break even even quicker with one.

It's $250 now, still $50 off retail.

=aw

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017