• filter:

$200 for your first ever CapitalOne 360 Checking!

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
capitalone.com/checkingSeason16

Edit: current conditions are so easy, I'd encourage everyone to take screenshot. They may insert NEW conditions for later comers

Member Summary

ss (646.93kB)
Thanks brusbrother
Disclaimer

Conditions (42.05kB)
Thanks BingBlangBlaow
Disclaimer

Terms (59.91kB)
Thanks BingBlangBlaow
Disclaimer

Capital One (19.79kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I plan to keep this free checking account. Do I have to do anything to keep it free? TIA

Xam (Mar. 31, 2017 @ 4:56p) |

Nope, you don't have to do anything to keep it fee-free!  I've kept mine - it's one of the few accounts I have that actu... (more)

TigerRags (Mar. 31, 2017 @ 5:53p) |

A CS manager told me this promotion only worked for people who followed the directions who had an existing Cap One savin... (more)

JiggleTheHandle (May. 27, 2017 @ 12:49a) |

I walked up to a fancy ATM inside of the branch (as opposed to an outside ATM), made 2 deposits of $20 each and 2 withdrawals of $20 each all posted 1/11. How did I not satisfy one of the methods: "4 ATM deposits or withdrawals"?

I maintain (despite individual CSR opinions listed on almost every page of this thread) that this bonus code offer is continuing to be listed on public website for second month running, hundreds non-targeted new customers have been credited $200 bonus within days - and thus the bank can't deny the bonus to anyone fulfilling conditions. Also, as pointed out, an even $400 bonus is offered by the same bank in MA (apparently limited). But $400 is way beyond ordinary. $200 shouldn't be a huge point of contention on behalf of the bank.

We (who haven't been credited) should discuss here a common approach to make us whole. Something better than a pissing match with individual CSRs

MUST use code DCC200 when it asks for it or you won't get the bonus.   Enter it on the page asking for funding from another account (pg 3?), near the bottom.

Terms state you must make 4 transactions (ATM deposit, withdrawal, or debit card transaction) or 2 mobile deposits in the first 60 days to qualify.
$200 should be added to your account 90 days after opening.

Call 1888-8172970 to opt out of their sharing your personal information with the intended purpose of marketing to you, or details of your credit worthiness.  Unable to opt out of other sharing purposes.

ATM: http://maps.capitalone.com/locator/Home.action?searchType=atmSearch&accountType=cap360

Does not appear to be limited to 1 per household.

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
very easy. Just avoid "overdraft line of credit" to avoid hard pull

rated:
Easy $200!!

rated:
To qualify for the bonus, you must be the primary account holder, and this has to be your first 360 Checking Account (this includes former Electric Orange accounts, too). To earn the $200 bonus, you must open a 360 Checking Account between November 29, 2016 and January 31, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET, AND either make 4 ATM deposits or withdrawals or debit card transactions OR make 2 mobile check deposits. The ATM transactions, debit card transactions, or mobile check deposits must occur within 60 days of your acceptance of account terms and conditions. ATM transactions include both ATM withdrawal and ATM deposit transactions. To be eligible for the bonus, only one of the activities described above is required. No minimum balance is required to obtain this offer. You will receive the $200 credit to your checking account no later than 90 days after your acceptance of account terms and conditions

rated:
SinglePapa said:   very easy. Just avoid "overdraft line of credit" to avoid hard pull
  Details??  Where is that option and / or what do we have to do to avoid it?!?  I'm on the 2nd page, providing personal details and apparently about to do a ID check, but haven't seen anything about overdraft credit yet.  (To answer my own question (I hope), it's an option AFTER your account is already set up.  Default for overdraft protection is to decline.)

BTW:  why in the world do they need employment status and personal income for a checking account?  Tried to get by without it unnecessary sharing, but won't let me.

Finally, any reason to or not to fund your account from another account?  Just wondering if I should really provide them with that information.
(* to partially answer my own question, after funding new checking from old I was informed my accounts are now 'linked'... whatever than entails.)

And for anyone else wondering, enter the DCC200 code on the page after your personal information check (under where they ask you to fund your account with a check.)

rated:
Danzilla said:   
SinglePapa said:   very easy. Just avoid "overdraft line of credit" to avoid hard pull
  Details??  Where is that option and / or what do we have to do to avoid it?!?  I'm on the 2nd page, providing personal details and apparently about to do a ID check, but haven't seen anything about overdraft credit yet.  (To answer my own question (I hope), it's an option AFTER your account is already set up.  Default for overdraft protection is to decline.)

BTW:  why in the world do they need employment status and personal income for a checking account?  Tried to get by without it unnecessary sharing, but won't let me.

Finally, any reason to or not to fund your account from another account?  Just wondering if I should really provide them with that information.
(* to partially answer my own question, after funding new checking from old I was informed my accounts are now 'linked'... whatever than entails.)

And for anyone else wondering, enter the DCC200 code on the page after your personal information check (under where they ask you to fund your account with a check.)

Overdraft protection is line of credit on your checking account that lets you go in the negative. When things get above zero they deduct interest for the temporary loan.

Asking for the other info is pretty standard for an online only bank account. While the topic is up for debate, the thought it is deters fraud.

rated:

Terms (59.91kB)
Disclaimer
SinglePapa said:   Edit: current conditions are so easy, I'd encourage everyone to take screenshot. They may insert NEW conditions for later comers

Thanks, OP. Unfortunately, I've had one.

rated:
I've got a regular CapitalOne checking account.Would they mail separate monthly statements or would it all be jumbled up into one indecipherable mess?

rated:
Can I use credit card for the initial fund?

rated:
Looks like they get your info and sell it - you can stop them from some of it, but as soon as you are no longer a client all bets are off.

rated:
I was up til 4am, and never saw this on the front page. i think i need to find a glasses deal

rated:
Shit I missed the part about using DCC200 on the account. Does that mean I won't get the bonus?

rated:
I did not see the place to enter the code either. I just called to confirm it was on my account (it wasn't, even though I used to the link) and they made a manual note on my account. You have to call after March 15 to get them to credit it (won't be automatic) but at least you'll get it.

rated:
Can we get the code DCC200 added to the OP. You NEED to enter it to get the bonus.

rated:
Where do you enter the code?

Edit - I found it.  Its on one of the final screens when you have the option to fund the account

rated:
Pretty sure I've had an Electric Orange account before, but may be worth a shot anyway.

rated:
Any way to check online whether the code applied to your account properly?

rated:
BrianGa said:   Pretty sure I've had an Electric Orange account before, but may be worth a shot anyway.
  How will you know if, even if you had an EO account, you qualify and will get the $200??

rated:
Is this one per household? Or can the wife also open an account and or adult children?

rated:
bokey said:   I've got a regular CapitalOne checking account.Would they mail separate monthly statements or would it all be jumbled up into one indecipherable mess?

I want to know to !

rated:
We are double-checking your information now.

rated:
Dammit, you can't have EVER had the checking account. Nuts.

At least it was a painless application process. And the rejection notice was so kindly worded haha. "Oooops, looks like we already know you!"

rated:
haramkhor said:   
bokey said:   I've got a regular CapitalOne checking account.Would they mail separate monthly statements or would it all be jumbled up into one indecipherable mess?

I want to know to !

Yeah,the confusion/frustration of dealing with multiple statements from the same bank isn't worth $200.I dealt with that for years with PNC,never again.Even the customer service people get confused if you call.

rated:
So no direct deposit required?? Woo!!

rated:
Limitations say OFFER IS STRICTLY NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ONLY AVAILABLE TO YOU. 
Is this targeted?  Will they deny bonus if you didn't receive a direct offer?

I also got the "We already know you" message and is asking me to sign in.  I had an ING Orange Savings account previously but not a checking account. T&C unclear as to whether former savings accounts disqualify you.

rated:
blickman said:   I also got the "We already know you" message and is asking me to sign in.  I had an ING Orange Savings account previously but not a checking account. T&C unclear as to whether former savings accounts disqualify you.

this is my situation as well, let us know if you get around it

rated:
I had an ING Savings account, but not checking...please update if anyone finds the answer to whether this will disqualify. Thanks!

rated:
BrianGa said:   Pretty sure I've had an Electric Orange account before, 
  me too.. like 5-6 years ago at least  

rated:
sumduude said:   
BrianGa said:   Pretty sure I've had an Electric Orange account before, 
  me too.. like 5-6 years ago at least  

Looks like we all got that promotional offer ...

rated:
I also did not find the place to enter the DCC200 code, so probably I will not get the promotion.

rated:
The code goes in near the bottom of the funding page, and once you enter it, you will see a check mark appear next to the code box to show success.

rated:
mxch said:   I also did not find the place to enter the DCC200 code, so probably I will not get the promotion.
  It was mentioned more than once, including the summary.  You just needed to read a little here.  SinglePapa didn't do a good job with details, but others covered most things here and there.

rated:
Thanks OP! Easy application.

rated:
Yes. Danzilla suggested I do what someone later did in their posts, and copy'paste parts of a single-page Vendor offer. For members who can't read the offer??

I only extrapolated two items I considered important:
1. How to avoid hard pull.
2. Take screenshot - in case offer is modified before you receive your bonus

rated:

never mind

rated:

How did you do this?  I don't remember seeing an option.  However, after logging in, I see that it says no OD protection.

rated:
never mind

rated:
Saphira2021 said:   According to Capital One, this is a targeted offer and they have a list of people who it applies to. if your name is not on the list, then you are SOL according to CS.
  But that's why I emphasize taking screenshots. The offer is obviously on website accessible by public. If by the 90th day you haven't received the $200, you better be in possession of evidence.

As to members who "called": the first rule of Fatwallet amazing opportunities is DO NOT CALL. Just do it, and have evidence. Calling may well alert the Vendor to change conditions

rated:
Saphira2021 said:   According to Capital One, this is a targeted offer and they have a list of people who it applies to. if your name is not on the list, then you are SOL according to CS.

Did you call them ?

Skipping 219 Messages...
rated:
A CS manager told me this promotion only worked for people who followed the directions who had an existing Cap One savings account, but never a checking account.

On one hand this would explain why non targeted people were successful, but on the other hand, it is difficult to think that so many people here already had a Cap One savings account.

Cap One does not like to do customer service via email, but here is the one they use customersatisfaction@CapitalOne360.com

SinglePapa said:   I walked up to a fancy ATM inside of the branch (as opposed to an outside ATM), made 2 deposits of $20 each and 2 withdrawals of $20 each all posted 1/11. How did I not satisfy one of the methods: "4 ATM deposits or withdrawals"?

I maintain (despite individual CSR opinions listed on almost every page of this thread) that this bonus code offer is continuing to be listed on public website for second month running, hundreds non-targeted new customers have been credited $200 bonus within days - and thus the bank can't deny the bonus to anyone fulfilling conditions. Also, as pointed out, an even $400 bonus is offered by the same bank in MA (apparently limited). But $400 is way beyond ordinary. $200 shouldn't be a huge point of contention on behalf of the bank.

We (who haven't been credited) should discuss here a common approach to make us whole. Something better than a pissing match with individual CSRs

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017