• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Got the offer in my email for myself and relative, none for spouse (maybe because we have the same address).  Reward can be either $5, $10, $15, or $100
See if you are eligible here:
https://www.paypal-promo.com/bounceback-dec/

Terms here:
https://projects.promotw.com/rules/paypalholidaymysteryrewards.h...
say
How to Participate: PayPal will send out an email invitation to select PayPal account holders to participate in the Offer. To participate in the Offer, you must first register. To register, click on the link in the email invitation or go to https://www.paypal-promo.com/bounceback-dec/, agree to these Terms and Conditions and complete and submit the Registration Form during the Offer Period. Once registered, you will be eligible to receive a reward when you do one of the following during the Offer Period:·       (1) Spend a minimum of $100 USD or more during the Offer Period using your PayPal account anywhere in the U.S. that PayPal is accepted online; or·      
(2) Hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address (associated with your PayPal account) and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: PayPal Mystery Rewards Offer, P. O. Box 706, Plainview, NY 11803-0706. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by December 31, 2016 and received by January 6, 2017 in order to be eligible. 

I did this promo last year by mailing the postcard, see expired deal here: 
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1467071
and never got the reward.  So after a lot of emails back and forth with customer service trying to convince them that the postcard IS eligible, they finally credited me the reward (but unsuccessful for relative).  I may try it again this year since it's just the trouble of mailing a postcard, but it may take some effort if the reward doesn't post automatically.  Hopefully if a lot of people do it, they might be more inclined to honor the postcard method.  

Member Summary

paypal (34.15kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I used your first link but it's a no go for me (no email invite this year although I did it last year too):

"Sorry the PayPal login details you've entered are not eligible for this offer. Please ensure the login details match the account emailed with offer."

rated:
just got the email however the email says

Spend $100 now, get up to a $100 reward later.
Everyone can be a winner. Activate now, spend $100 in a single transaction online with PayPal and we’ll send you a mystery reward of up to $100, which will be available in your account for a future purchase. How rewarding!

however the link indicates that you will be entered into a drawing up to a $100

VERY LEERY ABOUT THESE EMAIL PROMOTIONS. COULD EASILY BE A PHISHING SCAM SINCE YOU HAVE TO LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO ACTIVATE/REDEEM THESE OFFERS

rated:
greatdeals_007 said:   just got the email however the email says

Spend $100 now, get up to a $100 reward later.
Everyone can be a winner. Activate now, spend $100 in a single transaction online with PayPal and we’ll send you a mystery reward of up to $100, which will be available in your account for a future purchase. How rewarding!

however the link indicates that you will be entered into a drawing up to a $100

VERY LEERY ABOUT THESE EMAIL PROMOTIONS. COULD EASILY BE A PHISHING SCAM SINCE YOU HAVE TO LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT TO ACTIVATE/REDEEM THESE OFFERS

I don't think you read the offer in your email, the OP or on Payp@l very well. It clearly says everyone wins (the drawing is to determine how much you win, from $5 minimum up to $100).

I also think that you missed the part of the OP noting that they also offered a similar promotion last year (spend  $150, get $10-$100): www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1454596 or www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1467071 . I "won $10 myself last year. I don't know how many confirmations you need to believe the legitimacy of this offer, but "to each his own." 

I will say, however, that if you really want to assuage your fears, you could open a tab/window, manually type in payp@l dot com, and complete your log in. Leave that window open and click the link in this thread (or your email if you still have it). When the new tab opens, it will show your email address from your login in the previous window and tell you whether or not you are eligible for the offer without ever having to type in any identifying info. Once you click the sign up button, you never have to go to that site again (take a screen shot confirming regustration just in case your reward doesn't post to your account for some reason). No harm, no foul.

I'm bummed that I don't qualify this year as I was hoping to use the guaranteed discount on a website that doesn't offer cash back, discounts or coupons (but has the best bulk purchase price on something I only need to buy every 2 years). 

For anyone who does this, remember that you must spend the $100/send post card by December 31st!

rated:
Neither of my accounts worked. Oh well... Thanks for posting, OP, cuz you never know... Green for you anyway...

rated:
SSL certificate shows that it's a legit site owned by PayPal. That being said, I'm not eligible either. Oh well.

rated:
Anyone get this reward after mailing the postcard? The email said:

Reward will be in the form of a balance that is automatically applied to your next purchase using PayPal and will be awarded no later than January 20, 2017.

I don't think I got it. Just wondering if anyone else did before I try to convince Paypal customer service to pay out.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017