• filter:
This deal has expired.

Verizon Wireless is having a Sale on iPhone 7's!!!

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Verizon is having a sale on iPhone 7's.  They're $10 a month after a monthly credit of $17.08. The fine print indicated the $17.08 monthly credit will start in 2-3 billing cycles and account must remain in good standing during two years of payments.  So, don't miss a bill and watch your statements to make sure you get the adjustments,  I took pics of the screens for reference in case they have "technical errors in billing"!

www.verizonwireless.com

Merry  Christmas Everyone!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I went to a Verizon store on Thursday after I didn't see it on the website and they confirmed it was over.

dnnout (Dec. 23, 2016 @ 5:45a) |

Any current Jan/Feb 2017 deal on iPhone 7/7S Verizon?
New line or upgrade existing iPhone 6/5.

vlad94103 (Jan. 23, 2017 @ 3:20p) |

3 months later i am still having a problem getting promo. Verizon is dsaying that promo never existed now! do you still ... (more)

francescamd (Mar. 09, 2017 @ 11:20a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Wish I would have waited for this...I went for the $250 Target Gift Card on Black Friday

rated:
Wish they had a similar offering for contract plans. Need to see if moving away from Loyalty is worth it...

rated:
rsuaver said:   Wish they had a similar offering for contract plans. Need to see if moving away from Loyalty is worth it...
  they seem to be caring less and less about the loyal/grand fathered members these days.

I switched off 4 phones from the $30 grandfathered unlimited plan to a 16gb plan that has free rollover and it's significantly cheaper, but verizon offered no compensation about us staying as customers.

what I did:
0. I was paying $250/month for 4 smart phones with grandfathered unlimited data plan on a 700minute plan
1. I called verizon to say I want to cancel my devices, and move to a different network, so they transferred me.
2. in the transfer call, they asked me why because I have been with them for over 14 years, I said it's cheaper using tmobile or att
3. person said oh okay, your billing ends on this day, and would you like the cancel it on this end of cycle, or this today and get a reduced monthly bill.
4. I said, "is there a way for you guys to match the price with Tmobile or ATT for $200/month for 4 phones because I do still like the coverage of verizon"
5. rep said, "no sir, but I can help you cancel your plan if you like"
6. So I cancelled my verizon plan right then and there.
7. made new verizon account, signed up for the XL ($80) + $20 (4) for each device, now total is ~$170/month for all 4 phones with unlimited text and voice, and we have enough carry over data each month to stream youtube and whatsoever. (And we got 4x FREE moto Z droids, with the new plan, sold them all for $1000 to a guy on cragislist)

rated:
Just be aware that the discount doesn't start for a few months, so you are paying the extra 17.08 for two to there months of the 24 months.   They will also charge you an activation fee of at least $ 20.   

Also the iPhone 7 is a 16GB version.  The memory is not expandable, and this can be problematic for some users, now and remember you have going to be having this phone into 2019!   

Still if you are going to buy a 16GB iPhone 7 this is a much better deal than you could have received a few months ago. by a at least $ 340 so for some its certainly worth considering.

rated:
mbrenner said:   Just be aware that the discount doesn't start for a few months, so you are paying the extra 17.08 for two to there months of the 24 months.   They will also charge you an activation fee of at least $ 20.   

Also the iPhone 7 is a 16GB version.  The memory is not expandable, and this can be problematic for some users, now and remember you have going to be having this phone into 2019!   

Still if you are going to buy a 16GB iPhone 7 this is a much better deal than you could have received a few months ago. by a at least $ 340 so for some its certainly worth considering.

It's 32GB. There is no 16GB iPhone 7

rated:
mbrenner said:   Also the iPhone 7 is a 16GB version.  The memory is not expandable, and this can be problematic for some users, now and remember you have going to be having this phone into 2019!     

Apple doesn't make a 16GB version of the iPhone 7. You'll be getting the 32GB version, or for $100 more the 128 GB version.

rated:
Was just looking into this - thanks for the heads up!

rated:
So if you take this deal and your monthly access fee is $20 does it jump to $40?

rated:
poorfatkid said:   So if you take this deal and your monthly access fee is $20 does it jump to $40?
  nope.. you're still on a payment plan.. so youll get the $20

rated:
sheesh... I just bought an iPhone 7 for $500.... shoulda waited....

So I can get this deal, sell the phone, and just keep paying the $10 per month?

rated:
poorfatkid said:   So if you take this deal and your monthly access fee is $20 does it jump to $40?
  I have the XL plan, and the access fee stays at $20 with this deal, and I get 2GB extra.

rated:
II copied my pages that said it would still be the $20 monthly access. We actually left a few months ago to try the Sprint deals but service was bad, we returned everything within two weeks and got a full refund, Verizon gave us $600 towards a tablet for coming back...the only catch was $10 a month line access. So, I got an iPad Pro for $30 and tax. I wanted a line access tablet for my business and I can write it off.

Feeling blessed with the iPhone 7! It's well worth $10 a month. I did have to pay taxes on it and as the other person mentioned,.,,discount doesn't start for a couple cycles. I took screen prints for reference because I'm sure they'll mess it up and I'll have to call.

Merry Christmas,

rated:
I am waiting for iPhone 8.
Although use BT a lot, was pissed that they took away the headphone option.

rated:
For the novice, what's the total charge after 2 years for this phone? TY

rated:
hereford said:   For the novice, what's the total charge after 2 years for this phone? TY
  After exactly 24 months, your cost would be $240 ($10 x 24 months) plus an extra $51 or so for the three months it takes for the discount to start.

rated:
Pretty good deal but I think the 8 is going to be much more advanced.

rated:
gsupaintballer said:   
hereford said:   For the novice, what's the total charge after 2 years for this phone? TY
  After exactly 24 months, your cost would be $240 ($10 x 24 months) plus an extra $51 or so for the three months it takes for the discount to start.

Do you get the remaining $51 discount credit after the 24 months is up? Say in months 25, 26 & 27 It seems like you are entitled to it.

rated:
gsupaintballer said:   

That's what I kinda thought, thanks for confirming it!

rated:
gsupaintballer said:   

Nope. After a few billing cycles when the credit starts you'll receive a credit for the first few months as well. So it's $10 x 24 months, $20 activation and sales tax on the full retail price. For me thats $240+$20+$40.20

rated:
BTW this deal is not just for the iPhone. The Galaxy S7, Pixel and Moto Z are also included.

rated:
For a heavy data using family I can't see anything comparing to Tee Mobile which offers a lot of popular audio/video streaming services to not count towards monthly limits

rated:
So.... I actually bought an iPhone 7 on the monthly payment plan exactly 14 days ago. I called Verizon Wireless to see if they would price match this deal. After a few back and forth - the best that I could get them to do was to return the 2 week old phone and have them ship me a new iPhone 7. The new one will be at the $10.00 a month instead of $27.04 a month. Seems like a lot of work on their part, plus having to then deal with a refurbished phone. But they did do it. I ended up paying $45.50 in taxes but the Verizon rep credited me the $45.50 to my account. I did not end up paying for a restocking fee. YMMV on that part. So now I have the luxury of getting to reset up another iPhone. A few upgrades and fingerprints and Apple pays etc. I figure all told it will cost me about 3-4 hours of time. But I do end up saving close to $400.00 by doing this return and repurchase.
I only wish they would have simply done it without the hassle of a phone swap. I guess common sense just isn't a requirement these days. All I wanted is the price match.

rated:
mistadeal said:   For a heavy data using family I can't see anything comparing to Tee Mobile which offers a lot of popular audio/video streaming services to not count towards monthly limits
  T Mo coverage is the drawback for me,

rated:
all here just talk about the 10.00 monthly fee, BUT what about the monthly service charges? I see the 10.00 deal/the 20.00 activation /tax.and if I don't want lots of data(I don't) its another 35.00 +tax on the 35.00!! So what is the actual real monthly fee most are signing up for? I don't see it being the advertised price. TY

rated:
Wouldn't it be better to buy it for $199 with a 2-year contract?

rated:
MangoGT said:   Wouldn't it be better to buy it for $199 with a 2-year contract?
 No. If you do this your monthly access fee goes from $20 to $40...  

rated:
I thought the $20 is the one time processing fee, which is $40 if you take the 2 year contract at $199. The monthly access fee is $10?

rated:
bilyclub said:   I thought the $20 is the one time processing fee, which is $40 if you take the 2 year contract at $199. The monthly access fee is $10?
  My monthly access is $20 per phone. If I choose the monthly payment plan it stays at $20. If I choose the $199 2 year contract option it jumps to $40 on that line.

rated:
I have been using Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile for a few years now. Anyone who has switched from any of them to Verizon? Did you find you saved money at all?

rated:
i dont think there is verizon network here and i do not know why

rated:
I'm a T-Mobile customer; what is this 'monthly access fee' y'all are talking about?

rated:
Excuse me for being stupid about these topics but my wife handles the cell plan. So if I'm already on a family plan, can I still do this? I have a iphone 4s that predates when they stopped offering the free upgrades every two years so in actuality I think part of my payment is still going toward an upgrade that I'll never get. 

rated:
davisesq212 said:   Pretty good deal but I think the 8 is going to be much more advanced.
  Heck with that.  I hear the 10 is going to be aMAAAAZing!  Wait for it!!

rated:
I'm buying as a new customer and the least amount of access fee is $35 for a 2-GB monthly plan. Am I missing something here? How can I get a lower access fee?

rated:
VirginiaDC said:   Excuse me for being stupid about these topics but my wife handles the cell plan. So if I'm already on a family plan, can I still do this? I have a iphone 4s that predates when they stopped offering the free upgrades every two years so in actuality I think part of my payment is still going toward an upgrade that I'll never get. 

We're still on the "More Everything" plan. I was planning on switching to the Verizon plan in order to get this deal, but ended up not having to and it's cheaper for us to stay on the "More Everything" plan due to the line access fee discount of $25 since we are now off contract and on the 6GB plan.

So, to answer your question, yes, you can still do this.

rated:
darkxkiller said:   
rsuaver said:   Wish they had a similar offering for contract plans. Need to see if moving away from Loyalty is worth it...
  they seem to be caring less and less about the loyal/grand fathered members these days.

I switched off 4 phones from the $30 grandfathered unlimited plan to a 16gb plan that has free rollover and it's significantly cheaper, but verizon offered no compensation about us staying as customers.

what I did:
0. I was paying $250/month for 4 smart phones with grandfathered unlimited data plan on a 700minute plan
1. I called verizon to say I want to cancel my devices, and move to a different network, so they transferred me.
2. in the transfer call, they asked me why because I have been with them for over 14 years, I said it's cheaper using tmobile or att
3. person said oh okay, your billing ends on this day, and would you like the cancel it on this end of cycle, or this today and get a reduced monthly bill.
4. I said, "is there a way for you guys to match the price with Tmobile or ATT for $200/month for 4 phones because I do still like the coverage of verizon"
5. rep said, "no sir, but I can help you cancel your plan if you like"
6. So I cancelled my verizon plan right then and there.
7. made new verizon account, signed up for the XL ($80) + $20 (4) for each device, now total is ~$170/month for all 4 phones with unlimited text and voice, and we have enough carry over data each month to stream youtube and whatsoever. (And we got 4x FREE moto Z droids, with the new plan, sold them all for $1000 to a guy on cragislist)

Sorry, you didn't do it "Right" way. Verizon does offer loyalty discount, but it will take some time, effort, and negotiation skill. You will have to make multiple phone calls until you are talking to the "right" rep, who actually have the authority to make a decision (Loyalty department). If none of them is helpful, you should have went to a store. The young sales rep usually would try their best to keep you, because they need to make that sales for their commission. The customer service rep on the phone, they get paid hourly. There is no incentive to help you cut down on your bill.

Also, other carriers offer "Port-in" credit, usually $100/line. My store would have offer you $200 - $400 worth of free accessories to compensate your port-in credit.(I used to work at Verizon.)

Starting all over online by yourself is like tossing away a few hundreds dollars of discount.

rated:
Danzilla said:   
davisesq212 said:   Pretty good deal but I think the 8 is going to be much more advanced.
  Heck with that.  I hear the 10 is going to be aMAAAAZing!  Wait for it!!

Nope... It's the 10S you'll drool over.

rated:
Thanks OP. Just placed my order for 7 plus

Skipping 12 Messages...
rated:
3 months later i am still having a problem getting promo. Verizon is dsaying that promo never existed now! do you still have screeen shot from that day you can send to me?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017