This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Cole Haan dress shoes $59.99@ Costco

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://m.costco.com/Cole-Haan-Men%27s-Leather-Slip-On-Dress-Shoe... 

Available in store and online. I've never tried the brand before. They are by far the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm usually a 12 wide but the 13s seemed to fit me the best.... 5.0 rating on Amazon where they are selling for $100+

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M9I00JY/ 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bought these a couple of weeks ago. They have the Nike
air soles and are the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever had... the styling is a bit unique with the brown leather finishes but as long as you don't mind that, definitely a very good deal fo r a pair of Cole Haans!

I bought 2 pair 3 weeks ago! I had previously purchased fro Nordstrom for $79.99! Great deal!

The problem with Cole Haan is they used to make a good quality shoe, but like many other shoe manufacturers that are basically just selling off reputation they are now using corrected grain leather and other construction shortcuts which significantly degrades the quality of the product.  It used to be that a pair of Cole Haan shoes would easily last 10 years with proper care.  You'll not get anywhere near that much useful service life out of them now.  Personally I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of shoes that's going to outlast a $60 pair many times over.  YMMV.

Scumbag said:   The problem with Cole Haan is they used to make a good quality shoe, but like many other shoe manufacturers that are basically just selling off reputation they are now using corrected grain leather and other construction shortcuts which significantly degrades the quality of the product.  It used to be that a pair of Cole Haan shoes would easily last 10 years with proper care.  You'll not get anywhere near that much useful service life out of them now.  Personally I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of shoes that's going to outlast a $60 pair many times over.  YMMV.
I've got 2 pairs of Cole Haan (Nike
air soles) for over 15 years and they still wear well.  I paid over $100 a pair which was worth every pennies.  The quality has gone downhill in the last few years but still keeping the high price.  If you can get it at Costco for $60, go for it.  If bad quality in a few years, you can still return it back to Costco.

linrick said:   I've got 2 pairs of Cole Haan (Nike 
air soles) for over 15 years and they still wear well.  I paid over $100 a pair which was worth every pennies.  The quality has gone downhill in the last few years but still keeping the high price.  If you can get it at Costco for $60, go for it.  If bad quality in a few years, you can still return it back to Costco.

If you can get Cole Haan for cheap, under $60, then its not a bad deal.  I got a pair of dress shoes (rubber sole for comfort) last year, and paid like $50 on Amazon.  A decent deal, but the shoes won't last another year.  The worn leather is crinkling at the lines (where the leather bends when walking)  So... don't expect amazing quality.  But they are comfortable and you won't stress too much wearing them every other day. 

Scumbag said:   The problem with Cole Haan is they used to make a good quality shoe, but like many other shoe manufacturers that are basically just selling off reputation they are now using corrected grain leather and other construction shortcuts which significantly degrades the quality of the product.  It used to be that a pair of Cole Haan shoes would easily last 10 years with proper care.  You'll not get anywhere near that much useful service life out of them now.  Personally I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of shoes that's going to outlast a $60 pair many times over.  YMMV.
  Completely agree. They used to be comparable to Allen Edmonds
. Now they are more comparable to Bostonian or any of the fast fashion, use it for 6 months and discard shoes. AE thankfully remains a bastion of quality. 

I bought these and like them but they are a tad too big. I see they are sold out online, has anyone seen these in Costco stores (or somewhere else) where I could exchange?

Yes, they were in my socal store when this was posted a month ago. I went in and tried them on. I haven't checked recently so ynmv.

Totally agree with the declining qualities of brands like Cole Haan. I stopped buying disposable shoes like CH and Kenneth Cole NY no matter how cheap. Got a couple of pairs of Allen Edmonds
seconds and not only are they extremely comfortable for everyday wear, super stylish, they also last forever and can be re-soled at shops for a fee. Much more economical in the long run, trust me. Not to threadcrap, just friendly advice.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017