ORICO DCH-5U 30W 5-Port desktop USB Charger $7.99@Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

ORICO DCH-5U 30W 5-Port desktop USB Charger
Disclaimer
Newegg has the ORICO DCH-5U 30W 5-Port desktop USB Charger for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge / Note 5, HTC M9, Nexus and More - Black on sale for $7.99.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wow, looks nice!

sally71 said:   Wow, looks nice!
  They ARE nice.  Already had 2 and just bought two more.  I use the first two for traveling with the kids. Between tablets, phones, headphones, iPods, blue tooth, batteries, etc. 4 people need a boatload of chargers to power up for the next day. Even bringing power strips with me there aren't enough outlets in a hotel anyway. Rather than trying to track down and pack individual chargers I pack these. I also have spare cables used only for travel.  Saves a lot of screaming and yelling.

The new pair will go to each of my daughters to replace the power strips and chargers we use at home.  They each have charging stations they are assigned to, but are forever using the wife's or my chargers anyway.

Only negative to these chargers is they don't have Qualcom quick charge.  There are other units that do, but with only one phone that can use it, for now we can save a few bucks. Besides, these are primarily used for overnight charging, so Quick Charge isn't really necessary.

In for two. Looking to use one of these to consolidate plugs from Chromecast/FireTV Stick/Roku Stick on one of my tv's

This is a great price, the only thing that makes me nervous about this is the 30W total and the difference between the ports. One of the reviews says the Chinese manual says 2.1A from 2 ports, 1A from the other 3, though the device in the picture uses different labels, 3 tablet and 2 not.

The last time I bought a device like this it was a Plugable 40W (5-port) and all 5 ports were smart, so any of them could deliver the current needed by a tablet. Not all at once of course, it's a max of 2.4A/port and a total of 8A.

I think this Orico would be great for a bunch of phones and smaller tablets, and maybe I'd use colored cables for tablet vs phone (e.g. red cables in the 2.1A ports and black cables in the 1A ports) so I wouldn't have to keep looking at the labels. The Plugable is $20 retail which is a lot more than this $8 device.

=aw

Will this device negotiate "fast charging"? Specifically with "Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0"? (for my LG V10 phone)

If it doesn't say, almost certainly "no".

And mpd671 posted upthread that it doesn't.

=aw

I like that unit for $6. It's ambiguous though, it says
Smart Charing: iSmart Technology with TI chip inside intelligently detects the input current of the connected devices to maximize charging speed up to 2.1A or 1.0A each port.
Ultra Powerful: Total 6A with 4 x 2.4A output ports for fast charging; total 4 ports allow 4 devices to all charge simultaneously.

I think 2.1A is Apple tablets and 2.4A is Samsung (or Android?) tablets? My biggest is a 7" tablet which I think is 1.8A. I agree the technology should be tracking it, not the users.

[edit: I was responding to a post that pointed to item B01ANC6PRG on Amaz0n]

=aw

Very good deal.Thanks OP.

Good price.

Dead, its $12.99 now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017