Steam Link $19.99 @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

steam
Disclaimer
Amazon has the Steam Link on sale for $19.99 w/ free shipping on orders over $49. 

• Wired network is strongly recommended
  • Compatible controllers with Steam Link: Steam Controller, Xbox One USB wired, Xbox 360 USB wired, Xbox 360 wireless, PS4, PS3 wired and Wii-U Pro. Many third-party Xbox controllers are also supported
  • Steam Link is designed to take advantage of the horsepower you already have in your home, streaming from your current gaming computer by mirroring its experience to your TV
  • Video and audio data is sent from your computer to the Steam Link, while your controller input is sent back in real time. Virtually every game that your computer runs can be played on your TV

Rated 4.1/5 stars from 963 customer reviewsAccording to CamelCamelCamel this is the lowest price on Amazon 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice find, thanks!

Great stuff. Thanks.

I'll stick with Amazon Firestick for Kodi. Read some about this option at steamcommunity: Even coders/linux gurus are having issues with video stuttering/audio syncing.
If you're expecting an easy install like on a AFS, it won't be...

got mine.

kcsierradad said:   I'll stick with Amazon Firestick for Kodi. Read some about this option at steamcommunity: Even coders/linux gurus are having issues with video stuttering/audio syncing.

I get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about.  This is for mirroring steam video games to a TV.  It has 0 to do with Firestick or Kodi.

SteamLink allows you to play games from your own gaming PC to your TV without moving the PC and/or connecting it directly.
It's a fairly specific usage.

I do not think media streaming is supposed to be the main usage.
For that, a firestick, roku or any android tv box are more appropriate...

The Steam controller is also on sale, $35 with its case.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016KBVBCS/

Kelden21 said:   
kcsierradad said:   I'll stick with Amazon Firestick for Kodi. Read some about this option at steamcommunity: Even coders/linux gurus are having issues with video stuttering/audio syncing.

I get the feeling you don't know what you're talking about.  This is for mirroring steam video games to a TV.  It has 0 to do with Firestick or Kodi.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/353380/discussions/1/451850849186...

fire stick is an android based media player with which you can do rudimentary screen mirroring from the PC. On the other hand, this devices specializes in mirroring the PC on the TV with performance and visual quality acceptable for gaming. It also has inputs to plug in your choice of a controller as to mimic as if you were sitting in front of the PC but your are actually in front of the TV. you can add Kodi and possibly other apps in a rudimentary way but it is most certainly not its intended use. What would be best of both worlds would be to combine both into one but then the end product would probably cost way more than 50 bucks which is the price of a fire stick and steam link (when on sale).

Good find, big benefit for the game player.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017