• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SwiftStream Robo Buddy + $19.99 in SYW Points
$49.99
free shipping

Members get 20% in points when you purchase a Swift Stream Robo Buddy or Drone
Valid through December 24, 2016 11:59 PM CST

Members get $10 in points when you spend $40 or more on a qualifying purchase 12/18/16 - 12/24/16 at Kmart. Points valid 1/1/17 - 1/14/17. CAP of 10,000 points per member. INSTORE and ONLINE

Member Summary

Robo Buddy
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That's a great deal! They were sold out temporarily and now available again at a better deal. The youtube video on this is really cool.

Quite literally a remote-controlled car with a camera, speaker, and microphone. Good for shenanigans. Better than duct-taping your cellphone to a standard kids RC car, I guess.

Does anyone actually use one of these for home surveillance? Or do you use it more for fun like talking to your dog or something?

I thought I got lucky as a local store said they still had some in stock. Just got my cancellation email.

I get to pick mine up tomorrow. Friend for the cat & dog. lol

Family said "You'll never use it." I said "I don't care." Ordered.

I ordered 2 for a total of $99.98 plus $8 sales tax, making it $107.98.

It said I would be receiving $54 in points. I also ordered through a cash back portal that paid 4% (so $4 there) and I also got the Am Ex deal for a $10 credit when you spend $50 at Sears. com or Kmart.com. I also earned $1 from my cash back Am Ex card. So when you crunch all the discounts it looks like I paid in effect only $38.98 for two, or $19.49 each , What a deal. Couldn't even buy a nice remote controlled toy car for that price and this one has a lot of bells and whistles like audio and video. I think my 4 1/2 year old son will love it for Christmas. Thanks OP. Now after Christmas I need to remember to go out and spend those $54 in points just un case they decide to close up shop in January.

MrVietnam said:   I ordered 2 for a total of $99.98 plus $8 sales tax, making it $107.98.

It said I would be receiving $54 in points. I also ordered through a cash back portal that paid 4% (so $4 there) and I also got the Am Ex deal for a $10 credit when you spend $50 at Sears. com or Kmart.com. I also earned $1 from my cash back Am Ex card. So when you crunch all the discounts it looks like I paid in effect only $38.98 for two, or $19.49 each , What a deal. Couldn't even buy a nice remote controlled toy car for that price and this one has a lot of bells and whistles like audio and video. I think my 4 1/2 year old son will love it for Christmas. Thanks OP. Now after Christmas I need to remember to go out and spend those $54 in points just un case they decide to close up shop in January.

How did you score $54 in points? I put two in cart just to see and came up with just $30. In the end, went with just one and used a $5 signup bonus and a 6% cash back site. Figure it was about $23.30 plus tax.

All that said, I noticed when I went back in to check your deal I only had $9.99 in points. Does the $10 one take a day or so to load? My order shows the full amount of rewards earned.

$10 of the $54 in points were from a coupon on Kmart.com (spend $75 or more and get $10 in points). The other $44 is just what they gave me. After I picked up the order in store last night aI noticed I was immediately credited the $54 in points and they were added into my point balance and available for spending. Not sure why I got $22 in points (before coupon) for each Robo Buddy instead of the advertised $20 in the OP, but I am not complaining.

The price on this item really went down fast. There is a video on You Tube from the Home Shopping Network during Black Friday (just a month ago) and they were asking for about $119.95 and that was supposed to be a good price. I saved $100 more from that price.

Interestingly, this item was still going for $99.99 in store. It was only online that the price reduction happened and for some odd reason I was told the store would NOT price match with their own website

I was suppose to have another $10 in Surprise points that should have kicked in and brought down the price an additional $10, but they weren't added to my order for some reason..

I am not sure how Kmart managed this, but I just realized I was charged twice for my online Robo Buddy order w/ in-store pick up. I noticed two charges for $107.98 on my credit card. I will call K-Mart customer solutions when they open and give them a chance to rectify the issue first and if they don't I will be forced to dispute the second charge with my credit card company.

MrVietnam said:   I am not sure how Kmart managed this, but I just realized I was charged twice for my online Robo Buddy order w/ in-store pick up. I noticed two charges for $107.98 on my credit card. I will call K-Mart customer solutions when they open and give them a chance to rectify the issue first and if they don't I will be forced to dispute the second charge with my credit card company.
  Not only did they bill me twice but they billed me a third time too. All for the same amount on the same day. Really weird. I disputed two of the charges and closed the account and had a new credit card mailed to me with a new number.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017