Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds Bag (2-lbs) - $7.72 AC S&S FS @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Fakespot | Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds Bag 2 Pound Fake Review Analysis
Disclaimer
Amazon†has the†Viva Labs Organic Chia Seeds Bag (2-lbs)on sale for $10.29 - 20% coupon code - 5% Subscribe and Save†=†$7.72†with†free shipping.†

• 2.5g of Omega 3 and .8g of Omega 6 per serving, 75 servings per bag
  • PACKAGING of the item MAY VARY.No changes to ingredients.
  • Nutrient-Dense Superfood - chia seeds are rich in omega-3ís, fiber, protein, and essential vitamins and minerals. Sustain energy levels naturally while helping you stay fuller longer.
  • Neutral Taste - chia seeds are virtually tasteless and can be added to your favorite foods. For added texture and protein, add chia seeds to smoothies, oatmeal or yogurt for a satisfying snack
  • Hydrophilic Properties - these mighty seeds hold up to 12x their weight offering powerful thickening abilities. Make a vegan egg substitute using 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of water
  • Suitable for All Diets - this omega powerhouse supports all dietary restrictions considering they are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb and paleo-friendly

Rated 4.8/5 stars with 3,055†customer reviews. Take this rating with a †grain of salt as†Fakespot†gave it a D for 51% ratings being questionable. This however does not take away from the fact that Chia seeds are a great source of Omega 3 and a common food based supplement.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping†is $10.29 from Jet.com.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!
My total ended up being $6.

underprivileged said:   Thanks!
My total ended up being $6.

† I'm guessing you have the 15% discount for having 4 or more Amazon subscriptions. Sweet price

If toxins in non-organically-grown plant seeds are really a problem, then shouldn't consumers be told the genetic history of the organically-grown plants these seeds came from?

IgorSkovoroda said:   If toxins in non-organically-grown plant seeds are really a problem, then shouldn't consumers be told the genetic history of the organically-grown plants these seeds came from?
† I think it's more about the pesticides and artificial fertilizers being used on non-organic produce that people are trying to avoid.

If these were only first generation seeds that are organic, I'm sure there might be trace amounts of pesticides or fertilizer from the parent generation still but when you think about a single seed growing into a full size plant then producing tons of more seeds, the distribution of that pesticide/fertilizer would be pretty minimal to none in most of the seeds. †I think people would be more worried at that point that the soil had once been a non-organic farm and there was residuals in the soil itself. not sure how USDA organic regulations handle that aspect.

I might be missing your point, but I'm not sure what other toxins you would be referring to besides pesticides/fertilizers.

If this said it was a GMO product then people would probably want to know about the genetic heritage of the seeds, but otherwise I can't see how that would matter besides possibly the scenario above.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017