This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

AMD A6 7470K & MSI A68HM Grenade Motherboard and CPU Combo $50 Shipped AR @ Frys

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CPU + Motherboard $69 - $20 Rebate - Free Shipping

More details for MB at Newegg

CPU Benchmarks

Member Summary

MD A6 7470K & MSI A68HM Grenade Motherboard and CPU Combo
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sold Out

greeth said:   Sold Out
  Yes, sold out of shipping, but still available to order for in store pickup.

MSI is terrible brand these days. Cannot upgrade BIOS unless you install Windows.

Just because you can't update the bios without windows doesn't make them terrible.. just a little short sighted. On the other hand trying to step the normal joe through making a boot USB is a much bigger pain in the ass. I've had msi motherboards, their cubi, and now I have one of their pascal laptops which replaced my gaming rig, so they are on my good side atm.

If I read the description correctly, the GPU is built-in, correct? This might be a nice little upgrade for my son's PC. The R5 would be an improvement over what he has now, then drop in a cheap GeForce 1060 later.

UPDATE:  So, the website wouldn't let me buy the combo for Store Pickup. I called their Customer Service number and was told you had to buy it at the store; that it was "first come, first served". I took advantage of their Patriot Viper RAM deal and got 8Gb of DDR3 1600MHz memory for $40.  Picked up the RAM at the store and they had stacks of the motherboards on an endcap.

So, grand total (after rebate) is $90 for the motherboard, CPU/GPU, and 8GB RAM.

I took it home, helped my 14 y.o. son drop it into his old Dell Inspiron 530 and BAM! Instant upgrade!  He paid for the combo and I bought him the RAM.

Thanks OP!!!

As a side note, several reviewers complained that you had to use a PS/2 keyboard to do the first BIOS setup. I used a USB keyboard and mouse and they worked just fine.

Hi Frett,

Did you replace the original power supply on the Inspiron 530?

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Bought this combo from Fry's a couple of months back for the same price. Works great running 64 bit Win 10. The point and click bios took some getting used to, but I like the ease of use.

Had not put a system together in several years and it's great to see Fry's getting back to selling mobo/cpu combos at great prices again. I used a usb mouse and keyboard too and had no problems.

I have also noted Fry's sometimes does not openly advertise these deals, you have to look thru their weekly deals on website to find them.

Cannot find the Patriot Memory 8gb deal at frys.com, can you please provide a link?

LAHIKER said:   Cannot find the Patriot Memory 8gb deal at frys.com, can you please provide a link?
  Crucial 8GB (Single Stick) for $38 + Shipping 

Edge 8GB $37 + Tax Shipped

THanks so much for the links!

damn missed out

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017