FINAL DAY! Kmart: 100% SYW Points on $10+ Smart Sense (food, household, HBA items), valid 1/1-1/28/17

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kmart : 100% SYW Points on $10+ Smart Sense brand (food, household, HBA items), valid 1/1-1/28/17Members get 100% in points when you spend $10 or more on Smart Sense Health, Beauty, Household or Food products at Kmart. Points awarded the next day and valid for 14 days. INSTORE and ONLINE.Valid through January 28, 2017 11:59 PM CST

Smart Sense Ultra Soft Bath Tissue 24 Double Rolls [kmart.com ], on sale for $10 + get $10.10 SYW pts 

Member Summary

kmart
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I was able to stack a $10 back in points on $50 or more.  I always can use coffee & TP.  Thanks MC!

Larryslug (Jan. 28, 2017 @ 9:11p) |

Snuck in another $21 more of Smart Sense products spending under the buzzer (at 8 pm PT) tonight. I'm going to miss this... (more)

MrVietnam (Jan. 28, 2017 @ 10:31p) |

Thanks so much for posting this deal!  We had been planning to buy a washer/dryer and so through this deal we got a ton ... (more)

inixsys (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 9:15a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I wonder if there is any limit to how many times you can do this offer? Their last in store 100% back offer didn't have a limit. This would be a great way to score a lot of cheap necessities, such as toilet paper.

I doubt Kmart will immediately go out of business since the CEO secured a large loan. With that said aI brought my banked points down to just $125, down from about $350 just about six weeks ago.

A hint: You can shop from home online and choose in store puck up. Then just go to the store and pick up all your items. This way is also good so you can see if your purchase will be earning 100% back or not. If you buy at the store you have to actually buy it and then look at the receipt. Checking and buying online saves you having to return items and figure out what gives points and what doesn't.

MrVietnam said:   A hint: You can shop from home online and choose in store puck up. Then just go to the store and pick up all your items.

Remember to break up orders in $10 increments in order to maximize the benefits of the offer..

The $10 increments thing doesn't seem to be necessary, it looks like it's 100% back on whatever the total of Smart Sense products in your cart.  Jeez, just what a troubled company needs to do!

I've been doing the SYWR points thing for a while now between Sears and Kmart, but I'm almost feeling a bit guilty on some of these promotions (despite being a cheap b*stard).

Anybody remember the fable about the goose that lays the golden eggs?  I think some of us are helping to carve up that goose pretty good..

Yes, I misread the offer. Thanks for the clarification. You just have to buy at least $10 worth but the Sky is the limit.

Any suggestions of good ways to use Shop Your Way points? How do you guys use them/maximize their value?

MrVietnam said:   Any suggestions of good ways to use Shop Your Way points? How do you guys use them/maximize their value? I know it is not good or safe to sit on them too long given Kmart and Sears ' financial difficulties.
Large (or small) appliances are generally a good way to use them.
Clearance stuff on which you will not otherwise earn points.
We  buy a lot of gardening stuff, flowers, mulch and compost at Kmart. Sears doesn't seem to have an outdoor garden/ live stock section anymore.
Not quite the selection that the orange and blue stores have, but none of the crowds either.

Another idea is getting free after rewards Smart Sense diapers (I think they are sold under the label Little Ones) for those of you who have small children. Not sure of the quality of the diapers though.

EDIT: I think I spoke too soon. I just added a $24.99 box of Little Ones diapers to my cart but it said I would earn only 250 syw points (no 100% back_.

Some items:
Smart Sense Ultra Soft Bath Tissue 24 Double Rolls [Kmart.com] (Compare to Charmin), on sale for $10 + get $10.10 SYW pts
Smart Sense Ultra Strong Bath Tissue 24 Double Rolls [Kmart.com] (Compare to Charmin), on sale for $10 + get $10.10 SYW pts
Smart Sense Storage and Sandwich Bags [Kmart.com], on sale for $2 (thanks ionlyplaybops2)
Smart Sense 3-Pack 20 mg Omeprazole Delayed Release Tablets [Kmart.com], $20.99 + get $21.20 SYW pts
Smart Sense Mouth Rinse Antiseptic Blue Mint Flavor 101.4 fl oz (1.5 lt x 2) [Kmart.com], $7.99
Smart Sense Aluminum Foil Heavy Duty 50 Sq. Ft. [Kmart.com], on sale for $2.33
Smart Sense Wavy Potato Chips 10.0 OZ [Kmart.com], $2
Smart Sense Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies 13 OZ PACK [Kmart.com] (Compare to Chips Ahoy), $2

There site is really buggy at times..i tried getting some stuff on Friday and gave up after like 30 mins. At one point the website was telling me my local store had no mens shoes available for pickup..like not one shoe. Obviously not accurate.

Don't forget to use digital coupons. I had an earn $15 in points on a $125 purchase that I used (which effectively pays for the tax and then some):

You could earn 154,115 points to use later

includes a $137.82 bonus points offer for qualifying offers

The Omperazole is tempting. More than the Costco pack (currently $12.99) but 100% back in SYWR for something I need anyway... question is how much I should buy?

tanner12oz said:   There site is really buggy at times..i tried getting some stuff on Friday and gave up after like 30 mins. At one point the website was telling me my local store had no mens shoes available for pickup..like not one shoe. Obviously not accurate.
  Did your store have anything at all available to pickup? Because if not, that is the first sign that a store is closing. They disable in-store pickup on everything a few days before they announce the store is closing.

The one remaining store near me suddenly showed nothing available for pickup beginning on Monday this week and it only started to appear on one of the store closing lists yesterday. And from what I've gathered, the current closings list is far from the complete list of current stores scheduled to close.

I'm sort of wondering if this deal is sort of a closeout of Smart Sense brand items. Kmart is dwindling down to such a low number of stores that it doesn't even seem feasible to maintain a store brand, particularly one that isn't even all that popular in the first place. If they keep up their current pace of shutting down stores and don't speed up the process and become more aggressive, they'll have under 500 stores by the end of this year. If they speed things up any more than the current pace, I could see them completely gone by December. Sort of amazing for a chain that was once had 2500 stores.

GC payment okay?

shipped?

Found this closing list posted on 12-30-16 just in case anyone needs to unload points.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2016/12/sears_and_kmart_closing...

lbowden said:   Found this closing list posted on 12-30-16 just in case anyone needs to unload points.

That's just the "abridged" list. Just ones that whoever made up the list discovered would be closing through trial and error. From what I've gathered that list is missing a lot of stores that will also be closing on the same day in April. I've heard rumblings that the "real" list (which Sears and Kmart doesn't actually publish) may be twice as long as that. I know the local Kmart near me, which is definitely among the closing ones, is missing there. 

Can't use points to pay for it, aka non-rollerble

sdskees said:   I'm sort of wondering if this deal is sort of a closeout of Smart Sense brand items. Kmart is dwindling down to such a low number of stores that it doesn't even seem feasible to maintain a store brand, particularly one that isn't even all that popular in the first place. If they keep up their current pace of shutting down stores and don't speed up the process and become more aggressive, they'll have under 500 stores by the end of this year. If they speed things up any more than the current pace, I could see them completely gone by December. Sort of amazing for a chain that was once had 2500 stores.

They may just be liquidating excess inventory that they have now as a result of all the store closures.

Plus the average consumer may not be getting that great of deal out of these promotions.    Kmart/Sears stock is often 30-50% higher than competition.     That can make this more like 20% off the cost of simply shopping Costco or similar (e.g. the Omeprazole is $21 at Kmart and $13 at costco.)
Plus I'm sure some points are lost when people won't use them within the short 2 week expiration period.   I bet 5-20% are lost due to that.

sdskees said:   
lbowden said:   Found this closing list posted on 12-30-16 just in case anyone needs to unload points.

That's just the "abridged" list. Just ones that whoever made up the list discovered would be closing through trial and error. From what I've gathered that list is missing a lot of stores that will also be closing on the same day in April. I've heard rumblings that the "real" list (which Sears and Kmart doesn't actually publish) may be twice as long as that. I know the local Kmart near me, which is definitely among the closing ones, is missing there. 

Any in AZ?

So if you get $10+ SYW pts and use it to buy $10 of Smart Sense, do you get $10 SYW points back or does this only work once after you paid $10?

kjunk1fatwallet said:   So if you get $10+ SYW pts and use it to buy $10 of Smart Sense, do you get $10 SYW points back or does this only work once after you paid $10?

Points do not roll.   You don't get the points back if you use points to buy.

A WalMart opened in November a block from my local Kmart..game over

needhelpplease said:    
Any in AZ?

I'm not sure specifically which ones, I just know that people have been saying a lot more have the two obvious signs that the store is closing going on. I know there were a few in Maryland and at least one in KY (the last one in Louisville) that didn't make that list that are closing. But as far as I can tell, the current closings seem to be more concentrated toward the east coast. Aside from the one "out of the blue" one in California, the furthest west the current closings list goes is Alabama. I'm not sure if that means anything or not. Maybe nobody has bothered to check to see which ones on the west coast might be closing? Or maybe they are focusing on closing them down by region and will hit the west coast later? Who knows.

There are usually two signs your store is closing that you'll find before they hit any list. The first is they won't accept new layaway (they always post this very prominently on the front door, with an indication that they are accepting payments on current layaway items), and the second is you can no longer order stuff for in store pickup. I always like to use this item (http://www.kmart.com/spring-green-18gal-tote/p-011W004898122001P... to check, it is one of those 18 gallon storage totes that every Kmart seems to have hundreds scattered all over the store. I don't know if it is their top selling item or if somebody just accidentally put too many zeros on an order form a decade ago or something. If you can't get it for in-store pickup, there is a good chance the store is closing. All of this usually happens about two weeks before they do some ridiculous "Customer Appreciation" sale where everything is marked way up, then you get 10% off, then the next phase (which comes about a month later) is the real going out of business sale, where everything is, of course, still ridiculously marked up with a 10% discount until all that is left is printer cartridges for printers that haven't been manufactured in 20 years.

tanner12oz said:   A WalMart opened in November a block from my local Kmart. .game over
  The odd thing about where I live is the one Kmart that held out like a cockroach that wouldn't die (until now, anyway) was the one right next door to a WalMart. Part of me suspects having that prominent neighbor may have brought in customers who just happened to see Kmart was there too and thought "why not just see what they've got." It is sort of in an odd place where the easiest access to WalMart for those coming from the direction that brought most of the traffic in was directly through Kmart's parking lot. The other Kmarts in my area (the ones that went first) were sort of isolated in areas that didn't have a lot of shopping choices nearby.

Macy's and Gimbels in NY, Eaton's and Simpsons in Toronto, it's true that being near the competition is often a good thing. As you said, who's going to drive any distance to a Kmart? But if they're already in the neighbourhood (or next door) at Wal-Mart, it might sometimes be worth the effort of crossing the parking lot to a Kmart (though even that is a toss-up some days).

=aw

This is a great deal but remember you have to use the points you earn here in 14 DAYS!! The good thing about that is it is unlikely your local Sears/Kmart will close in the next 14 days.

tanner12oz said:   A WalMart opened in November a block from my local Kmart. .game over
Our local Kmart stayed in business for 10+ years after WalMart opened...although they did close last year.
Several years ago a Kmart in a nearby city reported that their business actually improved after a WalMart opened across the street.
A short time later that Kmart was converted to a Sears Essentials store and then did eventually close.
Personally I probably wouldn't buy anything from Sears/Kmart If it weren't for the Shop Your Way Rewards program.

begunn said:   
Personally I probably wouldn't buy anything from Sears /Kmart If it weren't for the Shop Your Way Rewards program.

I kind of feel the same way, but I also wonder if SYWR is also what is killing them. Before they started it, the stores were still tolerable on their own and I remember as late as 2008/2009 (in other words, around the time SYWR started) that Kmart was still a place where you could find competitive prices on everyday merchandise, Sears still had quality merchandise in their store, and you could actually find either of them relatively busy around the holidays. Like most rewards programs, SYWR came with higher prices on everything in the store. SYWR is getting a lot of us around here interested in them, but I don't think their average shopper knows much about the program and isn't really utilizing it. I went to Sears just a few days ago to use up some points that I had on my account and the cashier was in absolute shock that I had as many points on my account as I did. I had about $7 in points (at one point a year or two ago I had as many as $200 in points, I can't imagine how they would have reacted to that). That tells me that a lot of customers are probably only getting/using their standard 1% back in points, which would also mean that the typical customer is seeing the rewards program as a waste of time, and just viewing Sears and Kmart as places with higher prices and lower quality merchandise.

Looks like it works. Purchased 29.97 on the first had the points confirmed on the second. I'm going back for seconds, or thirds, maybe more. They do expire in 14 days. I can't find the promotion. Is there a limit in dollars or number of uses?
THANKS

mg42 said:   Looks like it works. Purchased 29.97 on the first had the points confirmed on the second. I'm going back for seconds, or thirds, maybe more. They do expire in 14 days. I can't find the promotion. Is there a limit in dollars or number of uses?
THANKS

No limits, except for the amount of money in your pocketbook that is.

Coupons that give you some bonus back ($20 or $30 in points) on $60 purchases *seem* to work but the rest don't credit. Also keep in mind one points back coupon per account.

Aluminum foil and sandwich bags out of stock for shipping

Any limitation on using these points on Land's End?

Saw this deal too late. Just bought a washing machine, could have bought $500.00 worth of TP instead and got the washer for free!

I am looking for a dryer.  That is alot of groceries.

techflyer said:   I am looking for a dryer.  That is alot of groceries.
  But they are FREE Groceries and they are the best type of Groceries

juddev said:   
techflyer said:   I am looking for a dryer.  That is alot of groceries.
  But they are FREE Groceries and they are the best type of Groceries

They aren't really free.

If you buy $500 in smart sense products, followed by a $500 dryer with SYW reward points, you are paying $500 for $1000 in products, with most of the smart sense stuff being overpriced by 50-100% (IMO). If you don't overpay on the dryer, then its $500 for $1000 [that's 50% discount], or if you say the $500 in smart sense products is really worth say $300 (considering you could generally get it cheaper at Costco/Amazon /Riteaid ...), then it's $800 in stuff for $500 [that's about 40% off]. That can still be a decent value, but don't be fooled that it's free.

Right, and I agree about the 50-100% overpricing. But presumably you don't have to pay full retail for the dryer. As long as you can buy it in the limited time frame the 100% back is available, you can buy a clearance dryer for all they care, right?

Also note that the "100% back" is literally that, the bonus points + regular points equals the 100% back -- it's not a 100% bonus (not that they promised that).

=aw

Skipping 63 Messages...
Thanks so much for posting this deal!  We had been planning to buy a washer/dryer and so through this deal we got a ton of "smart sense" stuff for "free" two weeks ago prior to purchasing our new washer/dryer last week (which arrives this week).

Also on 1/14/2017 we spent around $200 in one transaction (before knowing the terms changed even through it was posted here) and on 1/15 we only got 50k points, however on 1/25 we had a "mysterious" 150k points credited to our account - apparently someone at Kmart must have corrected it.  I was upset at first (when I saw only 50k in points on my receipt) but that $200 purchase was a donation to a local charity so I chalked it up to not checking here for updates and that it was going to a good cause.  That said I had never used "shop your way" before but I've been very impressed with this deal and with this rewards program (I've started taking advantage of some of the "surprise points" - still learning the ropes on those but got a new umbrella using some and have $16 in surprise points I plan to use at Sears later today).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017