ecobee sensor 2 pack $55 at Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Amazon 

2 sensors and stands for ecobee3.  lowest price on camelx3 was $53.

Now also at Walmart (from SD)

Member Summary

ecobee sensor 2 Pack
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bought two sensor packs shortly after black friday. Great addition if you have a ecobee tstat.

Been waiting to get a couple. I guess that's closest to lowest ever to buy.

Aside: I recently learned that the ecobee tstat itself has a temperature sensor. It makes sense that it does, I just hadn't given it much thought. In my case, I don't want my ecobee main unit participating in temperature sensing given where I have it located. You can disable the main unit's temperature setting in the settings control panel (either on the unit itself or using the web interface to it).

Bagofchips said:   Been waiting to get a couple. I guess that's closest to lowest ever to buy.

Aside: I recently learned that the ecobee tstat itself has a temperature sensor. It makes sense that it does, I just hadn't given it much thought. In my case, I don't want my ecobee main unit participating in temperature sensing given where I have it located. You can disable the main unit's temperature setting in the settings control panel (either on the unit itself or using the web interface to it).

It is also a good idea not to have the ecobee main unit be the main thermostat because the design isn't great - When calling for AC my unit (and I think all) nearly immediately jumps up one degree due to the internal heat dissipated in driving the HVAC control board with an electrical rather than mechanical (the "click" in most thermostats that the ecobee lacks) relay.  It's not a big deal but it does cause longer cycles than it otherwise should have (as the temp also commonly drops a degree below the setpoint once the AC is turned off).  Using an external sensor, even in the same room, gets around this.  

I don't think these are all that effective with one unit. I mean, the basement is 63 degrees but the main floor is 75? It will turn the entire home on, making the basement warmer, sure, but the main floor too hot.

Am I distilling it down too much? I know it knows what room is "occupied" but without separate HVAC points, seems to be a bit hamstrung in the actual solution.

The programming is very versatile. If you don't want a room/sensor included in the mix, you just exclude that room from your program. I have a guest bedroom that I exclude, and switch program to one that includes it when my daughter is home from college.

I really dig my Ecobee. Love how it switches to Away mode when the sensors notice no activity in the house, and it switches back on when we walk into the house. I can also control it from my phone and setup location tracking to know when I'm getting close (we don't bother though).

Just got a Google Home (it's like Amazon's Alexa) that I plan on linking to my Echobee using IFTTT. That way I just verbally tell Google to override the program when I want to kick on the A/C or Heat for a little while.

coolbreeze said:   I don't think these are all that effective with one unit. I mean, the basement is 63 degrees but the main floor is 75? It will turn the entire home on, making the basement warmer, sure, but the main floor too hot.

Am I distilling it down too much? I know it knows what room is "occupied" but without separate HVAC points, seems to be a bit hamstrung in the actual solution.

That's the essence of the problem with these multi-sensor systems.
You really need remotely-controlled dampers and a multi-zone HVAC setup for this to work well. Otherwise, you can only make one room at a time comfortable. The others will be too hot or too cold, no matter how many sensors you have.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017