This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

FatWallet Exclusive - Dell Refurbished 60% off any OptiPlex 7010 + Free Shipping

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Now through 1/8, take 60% off any OptiPlex 7010 at Dell Refurbished with our FatWallet exclusive coupon FATWALLET7010.

For example you can get a Dell OptiPlex 7010 w/ Core (i5-3470) Quad, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Win 8 on sale for $429.00 - $163.60 after coupon. Shipping is free.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

EDIT - Oh I see it now, go back from link to view them all.

Is this dead? I cant see where to actually add to cart

Maybe put in the title that this is for REFURBISHED units. Not new ones.

$429 for a refurbished 3rd gen i5 unit with win 8 is ridiculous. It's simply marked up so they can give a big discount and make it seem like a deal.
A price of $169 is right about where it should be. No real deal.

All showing 32-bit OS only..? Har, be sure to upgrade the RAM to 16GB!

canoeguy1 said:   Maybe put in the title that this is for REFURBISHED units. Not new ones.

Sorry about that!  Thanks for pointing that out - updated!

UkeDoggie said:   All showing 32-bit OS only..? Har, be sure to upgrade the RAM to 16GB!
Lucky I downloaded a Windows 7 universal installer disc before Microsoft took it off the web!  I can install any version of Windows 7 using a legit product key.  And the same product key works for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  Would be very easy to do on a new system, too.

you can get that as well through torrents. Just use a legitimate key

can these Optiplex systems be upgraded to a 64 bit OS so that more ram can be installed? or would that require a different mainboard? I'm pretty sure any i5 cpu will support a 64 bit OS, right?

Milod said:   can these Optiplex systems be upgraded to a 64 bit OS so that more ram can be installed? or would that require a different mainboard? I'm pretty sure any i5 cpu will support a 64 bit OS, right?
  Yes, of course. There is no HW limitation.

However, once you pay $100 for a new OS, your total price is upwards of $250 for an old system. Add 4 GB of Ram, and you're at $300. Just not worth it, when you can get a newer Win 10 system for less.  

These Optiplexes (actually their product keys) are still eligible for free Windows 10 upgrade. All you need is to download (or buy on eBay ) Windows 10 Media and do a clean install. You can chose either 32 or 64-bit version. You will still have an option to return to Windows 7 if you did not delete the recovery partition. Just create a Windows 7 repair disk before installing Windows 10. I did it for my friends several times after Microsoft ended their free upgrade offer. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017