This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Sams Club New Members: 1-Year Membership + $25 Gift Card + Pizza + 18-Ct Cookies $45 at samsclub.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Hurry Join now Free Pizza and Free Cookies - SamsClub.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Sams Club New Members: 1-Year Membership + $25 Gift Card + Pizza + 18-Ct Cookies
$45
https://www3.samsclub.com/best-deals/membership-deals/big-game-offer 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
That's truly saying something if you prefer Papa John's....

Duque (Jan. 30, 2017 @ 10:42p) |

I thought the pizza was good, but the cooking time was off.  The cookies were good, but even better after heating them u... (more)

dgoedken (Jan. 31, 2017 @ 12:47p) |

Thanks OP!

idfubar (Feb. 09, 2017 @ 4:16a) |

"Special savings offers are available to new members only and are not available to renewing members."

*Deal must be redeemed Jan 6, 2017 – Feb 5, 2017, in order to be eligible to receive these offers. Join as a new member for $45 (plus tax in some places) and receive a $25 Sam’s Club Gift Card and over $20 in value. This offer is limited and may be terminated or changed at any time. You must be 18 or older to purchase a membership and membership is subject to quali¬fications. Membership cards are nontransferable and are valid at all Sam's Club locations worldwide. WalMart® and Sam's Club associates are not eligible for this offer. Primary memberships are valid for one year from the date of issue. Visit SamsClub.com/privacy to view our privacy policy. Gift card will be provided at the time membership card is issued. Only one gift card per primary member. Gift card may not be used to pay for membership fee, travel purchases or select services and must be claimed within 30 days of membership sign-up connected with this program. Special savings offers are available to new members only and are not available to renewing members. Special savings are Instant Savings and will load to your membership account within 24 hours after joining, and offers are valid for 30 days thereafter. Individual offers can be redeemed one time only. Limited availability. No substitutions or rain checks. No cash value. Savings include one free 16” Take & Bake Pizza (#495359 or 229575); one free 18 ct. Chocolate Chunk Cookies (#102172); a bag of Tostitos Scoops chips (#997695) with the purchase of a regular priced Tostito’s 3-ct salsa (#886473); 50% off Member’s Mark 1-ply Everyday White Napkins (#72512). Special savings offers are Instant Savings. State and local laws may require sales tax to be charged on the pre-discounted price of an item with an Instant Savings offer. Visit SamsClub.com/instantsavings for program details and terms and conditions. Special savings offers are loaded onto membership account and are available in U.S. clubs with a U.S. membership, excluding Puerto Rico. Offer valid for a limited time only. One-time use only. Offer valid in-club or online. 

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Nice deal

I would like to see a similar Costco offer, anyone....

LORENW said:   Nice deal

So would I but Costco doesn't need to make these kind of membership offers. 

TomT said:   
LORENW said:   Nice deal

So would I but Costco doesn't need to make these kind of membership offers. 

We have had 3 different deals for Costco, three years in a row, all at least this good in the past, just nothing since our membership expired in June 16

Membership expired last month, so would they consider me a "new" member now?
Thanks for any info.

EvilEmpire said:   Membership expired last month, so would they consider me a "new" member now?
Thanks for any info.

In the past your membership had to expire at least 6 months prior to deal. 

TomT said:   EvilEmpire said:   Membership expired last month, so would they consider me a "new" member now?In the past your membership had to expire at least 6 months prior to deal. Sign up for new membership in spouse, parent, sibling, friend, or co-workers name. Put complimentary 2nd card in your name.

Good luck getting the free stuff that go with it. I never did. I went to the customer service desk and they told me they had never heard of anything like that.

If if someone was on the last account, would it matter?

Thanks.

Still waiting for a deal on the Plus membership.

Ladyfran1960 said:   Good luck getting the free stuff that go with it. I never did. I went to the customer service desk and they told me they had never heard of anything like that.
  Sometimes you need to push a bit. I had a similar experience a couple years back, so I said I'd like a refund on the membership I'd just bought. They got a manager who quickly figured it all out. Then they told me they no longer carried of the free items included (at the time it was some sort of breakfast danish platter) and that I was out of luck. Again, I said I'd like a refund on the membership. Out comes the manager again, and he gives me a $20 gift in card in lieu of the danish platter. I can only assume that membership cancellations look extra bad to the corporate offices, or something.

EvilEmpire said:   If if someone was on the last account, would it matter?

Thanks.

A friend and I have been switching back and forth for years with deals like this with no problems so far. One year I buy the primary membership and she's the secondary, the next year she buys the primary and I'm the secondary.

MisterBeefhead said:   
Ladyfran1960 said:   Good luck getting the free stuff that go with it. I never did. I went to the customer service desk and they told me they had never heard of anything like that.
  Sometimes you need to push a bit. I had a similar experience a couple years back, so I said I'd like a refund on the membership I'd just bought. They got a manager who quickly figured it all out. Then they told me they no longer carried of the free items included (at the time it was some sort of breakfast danish platter) and that I was out of luck. Again, I said I'd like a refund on the membership. Out comes the manager again, and he gives me a $20 gift in card in lieu of the danish platter. I can only assume that membership cancellations look extra bad to the corporate offices, or something.

You got lucky there. I went through a similar thing 2 years ago. CSR just went ahead and refunded my membership due.

MisterBeefhead said:   

Thanks.

A friend and I have been switching back and forth for years with deals like this with no problems so far. One year I buy the primary membership and she's the secondary, the next year she buys the primary and I'm the secondary.

Great, thanks for the info.

This is a good deal but now that I've (finally) got a convenient Costco (within a 5-10 minute drive), there is nothing that I really care to go to Sam's for anymore. I used to rotate every other year: one year Sam's, the next Costco (which used to be about a 30 minute drive), to take advantage of these deals. I'm on my Costco year now but I'm probably just going to renew it at full price this time around instead of going back to Sam's.

Yeah, same thing happened to me, I procrastinated and waited til the last day so they gave me the coupons and one of the items was sold out. Mentioned it at checkout and the guy just gave me a gift card for the same amount. Worked out even better as I just used it to buy gas.

I was a member of a corp/business acct. which ended mid-Dec of '16.  It's been 18 months since I had a personal account.  Which is counted as being a "current/recent/previous member".  Do they differentiate between the two?

The freebies on this one is actually stuff I'd buy...others are hit-n-miss.

Thanks.

Buy a $45 membership and a $55 Sams gift card at the membership desk using an enrolled Amex card ("single transaction") and get the membership free after $25 Sams card and $20 back from Amex with this targeted offer:

"Get 20% back as a statement credit, one time, by using your enrolled eligible Card to make an eligible purchase of $100+ in a single transaction in-Club at Sam’s Club locations by 1/31/17."

Thanks.

No.

We swap around memberships when we renew on offers like this one. This offer is good, but there's been better ones via Groupon. 

We finally got a Costco opened nearby. But after looking at the stuff I buy everyday, the prices are still cheaper at Sams. Even the cafe is better... I'll go to Costco for gas (no membership required in NJ)

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
TomT said:   
EvilEmpire said:   Membership expired last month, so would they consider me a "new" member now?

Sign up for new membership in spouse, parent, sibling, friend, or co-workers name. Put complimentary 2nd card in your name.

Great idea. Thanks.

You've got the right idea but you don't carry it far enough...that amex offer gives you 20% back up to a total of $250....that equals $1,250 in purchases ( divide 250 by 20 and multiply the result by 100 = $1250 ... 20% of 1250 is $250) ...include the membership and add the rest as a BIG gift card.  Consider that the Sam's gift cards are also good at WalMart and you just got 20% off of a good chunk of WalMart merchandise (or sam's).

For those concerned about how long it's been since you were a member...I've found if you purchase your membership ONLINE and then just have your card created at the store (using a new email address when you create your account) you don't run into any issues...I'll probably do that then purchase the gift card at sam's...I typically buy a gift card when chase freedom has 5% off for use at WalMart but 20% certainly beats 5%.

MisterBeefhead said:   

Thanks.

Nice, a friend with benefits.

I think it's really unwise not to offer this same deal for renewals... You would think they'd want to keep the loyal members. It doesn't encourage me to renew rather than go to costco for the same price.

Same thing just happened to us today.  I called customer service and they put a request to get this to me.  If not, I will be cancelling as well.

So this is just Sam's Savings? Not Sam's Plus membership?

MisterBeefhead said:   

Thanks.

Would there be an issue if I did this with my spouse? My membership expired in November 2016, so I can let her sign up and I will get a secondary card? Do they care if it is the same address as your last membership or are they just looking at the name? I could always change the phone by using her cell phone and , of course, the e-mail address, but we both live at the same address (fortunately).

MrVietnam said:   
MisterBeefhead said:   

Thanks.

Would there be an issue if I did this with my spouse? My membership expired in November 2016, so I can let her sign up and I will get a secondary card? Do they care if it is the same address as your last membership or are they just looking at the name? I could always change the phone by using her cell phone and , of course, the e-mail address, but we both live at the same address (fortunately).

It did not work for me when my wife and I tried it a year ago but it could depend on the individual store. 

just renewed last week on 12/31; is it possible to cancel to get a full refund? Then, another family member will get a new membership

Did this deal online today and got the ecard. Ecard came within two hours.  Went to the store and picked up my card without any issue.  My last card expired in November.  Was told that cookies and pizza will attach to the card after 72 hours, not sure if it's true or not.  Anyone know?

moneynomore said:   Was told that cookies and pizza will attach to the card after 72 hours, not sure if it's true or not.  Anyone know?"Special savings are Instant Savings and will load to your membership account within 24 hours after joining, and offers are valid for 30 days thereafter."

FYI:
Sams membership is not usable for their dot cm orders unless you visit a Sams to have your membership validated, kinda makes no sense
Really weird for those of us with no Sams close by

yesidonoitall said:   FYI:
Sams membership is not usable for their dot cm orders unless you visit a Sams to have your membership validated, kinda makes no sense

That contradicts the welcome e-mail I got from them.

"To start shopping right away, you can use the membership number above to shop at SamsClub.com or pick up your new membership card by visiting the Member Services desk at any Sam's Club location. You'll just need to present your driver's license or state-issued ID."

classicmac said:   
yesidonoitall said:   FYI:

That contradicts the welcome e-mail I got from them.

"To start shopping right away, you can use the membership number above to shop at SamsClub. com or pick up your new membership card by visiting the Member Services desk at any Sam's Club location. You'll just need to present your driver's license or state-issued ID."

You contradict yourself RE: by visiting the Member Services desk at any Sam's Club location. You'll just need to present your driver's license or state-issued ID." 

As I said, you must visit a store first, is that not what I said

You cannot buy the membership online and just use it at their
  dot com
I bought the membership and could not use it on line without going to a store first

I strongly recommend that you print out the offer before you go into the store to get your card. Nobody knows anything about this promotion and if you don't have any proof about the $25 gift card, you are hosed. Also, make sure you get credit for both the pizza and cookies. The register only credited me the cookies so I had to make another trip back to customer service. Overall, the initial customer experience is terrible but then again, Sam's Club ain't Costco.

gt2982a said:   I strongly recommend that you print out the offer before you go into the store to get your card. Nobody knows anything about this promotion and if you don't have any proof about the $25 gift card, you are hosed. Also, make sure you get credit for both the pizza and cookies. The register only credited me the cookies so I had to make another trip back to customer service. Overall, the initial customer experience is terrible but then again, Sam's Club ain't Costco.

Anyway to find out if the pizza and cookies are already attached to the card before I head to the store?  40 min drive round trip for me

moneynomore said:   
gt2982a said:   I strongly recommend that you print out the offer before you go into the store to get your card. Nobody knows anything about this promotion and if you don't have any proof about the $25 gift card, you are hosed. Also, make sure you get credit for both the pizza and cookies. The register only credited me the cookies so I had to make another trip back to customer service. Overall, the initial customer experience is terrible but then again, Sam's Club ain't Costco.

Anyway to find out if the pizza and cookies are already attached to the card before I head to the store?  40 min drive round trip for me

Yes.  Once you have your member ID via email, create a profile and the offers should be in the Instant Savings section.  Note that the Pizza and Cookies were already loaded onto my member ID but the system still screwed it up and only credited me the cookies; thus, you have to double check your receipt.  I've done a BJ's and a Costco special like this before and this one for Sam's is completely Fubar'd and I truly cannot believe that they can't execute this properly.

Got an account, thanks.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
TomT said:   

Sign up for new membership in spouse, parent, sibling, friend, or co-workers name. Put complimentary 2nd card in your name.

I also had great difficulty obtaining and using the e-mailed gift card a couple of years ago, and never could get the free chicken.  Finally I spent nearly an hour with customer service (with printouts of the deal details) and eventually they took the $25 off my order.  But it was my third try, and I didn't have time the previous two occasions to stand and argue.  So you may need to be persistent.  Save and bring a printout of the offer with you when you go in for your membership card.

My cookies and pizza were indeed attached to the card.  It didn't appear online when I checked but after calling 800# CSR verified it.  Both charges came off at the register.  I must say Sams Club pizza tasted horrible, not even close to the quality of Costco's.  got to be one of the worst pizzas I ever had. 

Skipping 8 Messages...
Thanks OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017