This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

AMEX Offers: Sam's Club Spend $100+, get 20% back up to $250 Expires: 01/31/2017

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
May only be available on Small Business cards and YMMV.
 
Get 20% back as a statement credit, one time, by using your enrolled eligible Card to make an eligible purchase of $100+ in a single transaction in-Club at Sam’s Club locations by 1/31/17. Statement credit limited to $250. See terms and exclusions below. TermsEnrollment is limited. An “eligible purchase” means a purchase made in-Club by 1/31/17, excluding gas purchases. An “eligible Card” means a valid American Express® US Small Business credit or charge Card that is issued by a US banking subsidiary of American Express. Prepaid Cards and products, Corporate Cards and American Express-branded Cards issued by other financial institutions are not eligible. Offer valid for in-Club purchases only. Offer is limited to one statement credit, up to $250 per American Express online account. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Offer is non-transferable. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent/provided to you until after 1/31/17, it may not qualify for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/17. Statement credit may be reversed if eligible purchase is returned/cancelled. Note that American Express may not receive information about your eligible purchase from merchant until all items from your eligible purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as an eligible purchase, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. 

Member Summary

AMEX
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just picked up the 65" LG 4K HDR LED (65UH615A) for $638.40 + tax using this offer (in-store).

BBExecutioner (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 9:13p) |

Sams/WalMart gift cards can be used to buy third-party gift cards.

supersnoop00 (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 9:15p) |

Did 2 transactions back to back -- no problem getting credit
1) $500 Vanilla prepaid = $504.94
2) $400 Sams GC + $340 Sams... (more)

jatan1986 (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 10:22p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not available on my Blue Cash

Was available in my simply business card both main and additional card. Thanks OP.

Put YMMV in title

Finally got it on my Simply Cash card -- some people got this offer back in Oct

I just saw this, it appears to be limited enrollment, and only applies to business cards, but I don't believe its targeted.

hpmax said:   I just saw this, it appears to be limited enrollment, and only applies to business cards, but I don't believe its targeted.
I don't have it on either of my business cards, so it looks like it is targeted. I have the Platinum and SPG business cards.

nortotron said:   Put YMMV in title
  Amex offers are always YMMV

hobo, no, they aren't all YMMV.

Gift card data points in the comments: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-trip-sams-club/


This offer wasn't on my Amex card before today but it is there now.  Funny though, the offer says it is good from October 2016 through the end of January 2017.  Guess they just enabled it for a new round of cardholders.  I have the Simply Cash Business card.

jatan1986 said:   Gift card data points in the comments: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-trip-sams-club/
 
Very helpful, thanks!

Not on my Blue Sky account.

Finally shows up on my Simply Business Card...thanks...

Looks like the offer does not exclude any "gift card" purchase? i.e. can I buy Sams Club gift cards for 20% discount and use them in WalMart?

Yes that is what I did.  The cashier tried to stop me for paying for a gift card with a credit cards.  Store Mgr said ok.  Some stores are trying to keep down fraud with their own policies that do match corporate direction. You can not buy Visa or other "cash" gift cards but third party and Sam's/WalMart is OK.  Also, when I did this in November I did the full $1250 in 1 transaction and it triggered and additional $50 statement credit for $1000 purchase, don't know if that still works.  You did not have to register for it.

jbfromfl said:   Yes that is what I did.  The cashier tried to stop me for paying for a gift card with a credit cards.  Store Mgr said ok.  Some stores are trying to keep down fraud with their own policies that do match corporate direction. You can not buy Visa or other "cash" gift cards but third party and Sam's/WalMart is OK.  Also, when I did this in November I did the full $1250 in 1 transaction and it triggered and additional $50 statement credit for $1000 purchase, don't know if that still works.  You did not have to register for it.
FWIW, I bought 5 x $200 Visa gift cards today. The $200 visa GCs scan fine at the cash and payment by credit card worked fine.

Just saw this offer on my Simply card as well but I couldn't use it since I'm not in the country and won't be returned till March

Thanks OP, this is great and you saved me $200! Appreciate it!

I know in the link below it was already talked that mixing $500 MasterCard and Sam's Club Gift Card won't work. But did anyone else really try it, like... buying 2 X $500 Vanilla MasterCard + $250 Sam's Club Gift Card?

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/amex-offers-trip-sams-club/ 

​Coming back to answer my own question. This answer is no. I couldn't buy the $500 MC with SC's GC, so I end up to buy $1250 GC once. Got the $250 credit right after the charge was posted. Now, I wonder whether I can buy the MCs using the GCs...

​Coming back to answer my own question again. I didn't buy the MCs using GC yet, but according the store manager, he said definitely yes. I will give it a real try next time.

novocane said:   
jbfromfl said:   Yes that is what I did.  The cashier tried to stop me for paying for a gift card with a credit cards.  Store Mgr said ok.  Some stores are trying to keep down fraud with their own policies that do match corporate direction. You can not buy Visa or other "cash" gift cards but third party and Sam's/WalMart is OK.  Also, when I did this in November I did the full $1250 in 1 transaction and it triggered and additional $50 statement credit for $1000 purchase, don't know if that still works.  You did not have to register for it.
FWIW, I bought 5 x $200 Visa gift cards today. The $200 visa GCs scan fine at the cash and payment by credit card worked fine.

  How your Sam's have Visa GC? My Sam's only has MasterCard.

truelies said:   
novocane said:   
jbfromfl said:   Yes that is what I did.  The cashier tried to stop me for paying for a gift card with a credit cards.  Store Mgr said ok.  Some stores are trying to keep down fraud with their own policies that do match corporate direction. You can not buy Visa or other "cash" gift cards but third party and Sam's/WalMart is OK.  Also, when I did this in November I did the full $1250 in 1 transaction and it triggered and additional $50 statement credit for $1000 purchase, don't know if that still works.  You did not have to register for it.
FWIW, I bought 5 x $200 Visa gift cards today. The $200 visa GCs scan fine at the cash and payment by credit card worked fine.

  How your Sam's have Visa GC? My Sam's only has MasterCard.

  You're right, they are $200 Vanilla MCs.

Does sams club sell Disney GC? Will this work buying a bunch of those GC?

slamajammer said:   Does sams club sell Disney GC? Will this work buying a bunch of those GC?
  
yep, they do.

Not a Sam's Club member, and not likely to switch the family from Costco. Suggestions on how to turn this into a money maker?

It is worth the $45 (minus the bonus GC & food items) to get $1,250 in Sam's/WalMart GCs for $1,000.

Kev

oshelef said:   Not a Sam's Club member, and not likely to switch the family from Costco. Suggestions on how to turn this into a money maker?
  Do you shop at WalMart?   Sams GC's can be used at WalMart. 

Don't shop at WalMart often either. It would take us years to spend $1250 on WalMart without distorting our shopping.

Just picked up the 65" LG 4K HDR LED (65UH615A) for $638.40 + tax using this offer (in-store).

Sams/WalMart gift cards can be used to buy third-party gift cards.

Did 2 transactions back to back -- no problem getting credit
1) $500 Vanilla prepaid = $504.94
2) $400 Sams GC + $340 Sams GC = $740

Jan 27 Sam's Club $504.94
Jan 27 Sam's Club $740.00
Jan 28 Sam's Club -$248.99
Total Balance $995.95



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017