• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary
USB 3.0, which is much faster than USB 2
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Working Link to OP's deal above:
http://www.staples.com/WD-Elements-2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Dr... 

$10 more ($69.99) for latest model, and color choice.  If you are so inclined.
http://www.staples.com/WD-My-Passport-2TB-Portable-Hard-Drive-Bl... 

$20 less ($39.99) if you can get by with 1TB new version in 4 color choices
http://www.staples.com/WD-My-Passport-1TB-Portable-Hard-Drive-Black/product_2423222

rated:
I don't understand the red on this...wouldn't say this is the hottest deal I've seen, but right now its the best deal on a 2TB. And I need a drive right now, so in for one. Thanks OP

rated:
landenpc said:   I don't understand the red on this...wouldn't say this is the hottest deal I've seen, but right now its the best deal on a 2TB. And I need a drive right now, so in for one. Thanks OP
  Maybe because the link was broken?  Tough crowd.....

rated:
robby69 said:   
landenpc said:   I don't understand the red on this...wouldn't say this is the hottest deal I've seen, but right now its the best deal on a 2TB. And I need a drive right now, so in for one. Thanks OP
  Maybe because the link was broken?  Tough crowd.....

Here you go:  http://www.staples.com/WD-Elements-2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive/product_1140622
Staples says 1 year warranty, though and 2 year warranty on the Passport version. Yet Amazon says 3 years. ???

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
Updated the link.

rated:
I have had good luck with the Passports, Element, Ultra, whatever. Other than the new uglier shell is there any difference between the two 2TB offerings?

rated:
Do these work with the xbox one?

rated:
is this with 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM?

rated:
Any coupons to use on this?

rated:
Nuko said:   is this with 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM?
  I don't think I've never seen a usb powered drive that wasn't 5400.  Usually only the larger units with AC power are 7200.

rated:
Obviously no! Is linked here.

rated:
Nuko said:   is this with 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM?
  I'm betting 5400 RPM because the maximum sustained transfer rate for my 1TB Elements and 2TB MyPassport is around 110-120 megabytes/second.

rated:
Thanks OP for this - came in Handy as I discovered this weekend my Time Machine backup drive has failed and need an external HD ASAP...

rated:
glendaree said:   Any coupons to use on this?

Nope. Coupons, if any, now a days at Staples work only on regular priced items and not items on sale or with rebate.

rated:
Site says Special Buy Offer Expires on 01/28/2017 but price back up to $114.99. My bad, when you add to cart it gives you an instant savings of $55. that brings it down to $59.99.

rated:
bomart said:   Site says Special Buy Offer Expires on 01/28/2017 but price back up to $114.99. My bad, when you add to cart it gives you an instant savings of $55. that brings it down to $59.99.
  Same thing happened to me.  If you add it to the cart the pop up shows the instant discount.  The cart shows full price.  If you click on save for later the discount shows back up.

I ended up purchasing it at full price and then doing a customer service chat online to get the difference back.  Took 5 mins.  Had to explain to the rep what I was seeing.

rated:
same here $114.99

rated:
cons2000 said:   Do these work with the xbox one?
  Yes, beautifully

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017