Turbotax 2016 Deluxe with State for $30, store pickup at Staples or $21 Fed Only

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TurboTax Deluxe State 2016 for Windows/Mac 1 User Boxed
Disclaimer
http://www.staples.com/TurboTax-Deluxe-State-2016-for-Windows-Ma... 

Use coupon 18450 for $10 off

The version without State is about $10 less

Best price I seen this year.  Choose store-pickup.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

kiki08 (Jan. 15, 2017 @ 2:32p) |

Coupon couldn't be redeemed:
The entered coupon doesn't exist. Please double-check or reenter to make sure the 5-digit co... (more)

FloridaCrab (Jan. 18, 2017 @ 7:59p) |

I got the same error when type in 18450 coupon....

eruisi (Jan. 19, 2017 @ 12:10p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome price for Fed only (No need for state here)

This is the single user version.  You can only register to e-file from one computer.  The regular version does not have this restriction.

The $10 off coupon also works for TurboTax Premiere (single user), taking the price down to $50.19.  Best deal I've seen so far on Premiere.

Thanks, OP!

bluechalk said:   This is the single user version.  You can only register to e-file from one computer.  The regular version does not have this restriction.

5 Free Federal E-File
Includes one State download

Does have serial number or something like that to prevent it from installing on more than one computer? I work on a desktop and laptop depending upon where I am in the house and if this will prevent me from doing that I would rather pay $10 extra for a regular edition.

Got one - 2% cb on ebates.

thistle said:   The $10 off coupon also works for TurboTax Premiere (single user), taking the price down to $50.19.  Best deal I've seen so far on Premiere.

Thanks, OP!

Beats Costco's price too.

You can do 5 efiles on a single computer.  If you want to efile, you can only do that from one computer.  When you try to log in to TurboTax to efile from the second computer, you will be blocked.  If you don't efile, then there is no problem with multiple computers.

This Coupon also works for TT Basic download,,,making it $18.99

bluechalk said:   You can do 5 efiles on a single computer.  If you want to efile, you can only do that from one computer.  When you try to log in to TurboTax to efile from the second computer, you will be blocked.  If you don't efile, then there is no problem with multiple computers.

Previous versions never checked or asked for a serial number or anything. There was no way it would know if you installed it on a second computer. Is this version 'special'?

ZenNUTS said:   ... Choose store-pickup.
  Works on Premier, as others have stated, so at $50, it qualifies for free shipping.  My shipping estimate says delivery tomorrow, too!
Thanks, OP!

The advantage of the download versions vs the CD version is that the download has no state sales tax on your purchase.

Have used Premier version since 2007. Thanks OP. Such a great product.

Can I install TurboTax on more than one computer?

This would seem to indicate you can install on as many computers as you want, as long as they're yours. I think you'd be violating the EULA if you used it with your neighbor (although I don't know that there are any technical limitations from doing so) but you should be OK if you have multiple computers that you own and use it on each of them for you and your immediate family members' returns.

Hopefully this doesn't sound stupid. What do you mean by "only one state download"? Can I do 5 tax preps for my family (federal) but how do I do every ones state taxes then? Also, what's the difference from doing them online like Tax Act or downloading this to do your taxes?

atlantagirl123 said:   Hopefully this doesn't sound stupid. What do you mean by "only one state download"? Can I do 5 tax preps for my family (federal) but how do I do every ones state taxes then? Also, what's the difference from doing them online like Tax Act or downloading this to do your taxes?
Turbo Tax with state gives you one free state download.  You can do as many state returns as you want on one computer, as long as everyone resides in the same state.  To prepare a return for someone in another state, you have to buy an additional state download from TT.   There are ways around this, if necessary.  You can probably google for more info.

Thanks! Picked up Premier for $50.

Did they ever bring back Rental Properties to Deluxe, or is that only with Premier and above? Intuit pissed off a lot of people last year (myself included) when they stripped that from Deluxe.

ArmchairArchitect said:   Did they ever bring back Rental Properties to Deluxe, or is that only with Premier and above? Intuit pissed off a lot of people last year (myself included) when they stripped that from Deluxe.
  Rental is not on Deluxe... Premier.

Your 5 family members need to all live in the same state since you can only do 1 state with this. Cannot do other states they may live in if different.

Last time we got Premier for $30 via State Farm deal.
I will wait a bit to see if one such deal comes along.

Edit: Looks like SF discontinued it. https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1547310

Thanks OP.

Does anyone know if deluxe will handle small business gains (<10k) in online sales or do I need premier?

The coupon works well. save %10 off. THX!

Will it take two w2s for joint filing

bluechalk said:   You can do 5 efiles on a single computer.  If you want to efile, you can only do that from one computer.  When you try to log in to TurboTax to efile from the second computer, you will be blocked.  If you don't efile, then there is no problem with multiple computers.
  Is this confirmed? Never was like that. Something new this year?

Discover card holders can get a $25 Staples GC for $20, thus saving another $5.

How is this better than FreeTaxUSA Advanced which has for $0 (State at $12.95), is FreeTaxUSA not reliable?

VBOnline said:   Discover card holders can get a $25 Staples GC for $20, thus saving another $5.

How is this better than FreeTaxUSA Advanced which has for $0 (State at $12.95), is FreeTaxUSA not reliable?

FreeTaxUSA, like many of the me-too tax programs, is online. This post is for a Boxed version. ie you can fill in the info at home, and keep it private on your computer.
Of course, if you trust FreeTaxUSA not to sell your tax data to the highest bidder, or get hacked, then go ahead. Remember, they have to make their money on something. If they give the program away, guess what that 'something' is? Selling your personal tax data to advertisers, of course.

BTW: A hack of your tax data would be catastrophic. Not only all the info to commit ID theft, but info on your bank accounts so the thieves can conveniently clean you out. Ouch.

In for it, THX.

evercl92 said:   Does anyone know if deluxe will handle small business gains (<10k) in online sales or do I need premier?
  I found it. Need "self-employed" for this. $90 (fed) + $37 (state) on TT online vs $55 at Staples

ubervijayjais said:   Will it take two w2s for joint filing
  Yes it will.

If you are going to efile, I'd suggest the interview method. If I have a complaint it is their cheapness about the state efile. They want to charge for it and often the State returns are easier. No way. The other thing is that they do update their program many times through the tax season, which can be annoying when you're ready to file and find a form is not ready.

ubervijayjais said:   Will it take two w2s for joint filing
  There is no limit on the # of W2s in any version.

evercl92 said:   
evercl92 said:   Does anyone know if deluxe will handle small business gains (<10k) in online sales or do I need premier?
  I found it. Need "self-employed" for this. $90 (fed) + $37 (state) on TT online vs $55 at Staples

Not correct.

I own my own business, various components including consulting as well as online sales.  There is absolutely no need to purchase any version higher than Deluxe with State.  None.  Been using Deluxe for years.  Intuit intentionally makes it vague as to what version you need for what things.  https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/compare/online/ 
sloppy1 said:   The advantage of the download versions vs the CD version is that the download has no state sales tax on your purchase.

Depends on your state. Some states charge sales tax either way. I'm not worried about a whole $1.79.

Also, no need to choose store pickup if you have Staples Rewards Plus.

Thanks OP!  Mine is on the way for $31.68 less 2% Ebates less 2% Fidelity card.  

thx OP, in for some Deluxe TurboTax @ $29.99!

Thanks! My husband is on his way to the store right now!

great deal on the home and business download as well, which is great if you are a contractor. got it for 54.89.

TurboTax Premier is down to $56.99 today, so it's $46.99 after the $10 off coupon (18450).

Skipping 25 Messages...
I got the same error when type in 18450 coupon....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017