This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Staples USB 2.0 128GB Flash Drive - $14.99 at staples.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Staples USB 2.0 128GB Flash Drive - $14.99 at staples.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Staples USB 2.0 128GB Flash Drive -
$14.99
http://www.staples.com/Staples-128GB-USB-20-flash-drive/product_1554439 

Staples has the Staples USB 2.0 128GB Flash Drive on sale for $14.99. Free shipping is available for Staples Rewards membres. It's free to sign up. Offer expires on 01/14/2017. 

  • 128GB, USB 2.0
  • Reliable, quick and easy way to secure your information
  • Retractable design - no more lost caps
  • The easy and smart way to store and transfer your files from computer to computer.
  • Everyday users can easily and reliably store, transfer and share their videos, music, photos and personal files.
  • Warranty: 2-year limited

This is a great price compared to other brands with the same storage. For example, the SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB 2.0 128 GB Flash Drive is on sale for $27. Staples brand is $12 cheaper. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP - ordered 2 with free shipping.

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if your data is invaluable, you might want to consider buying a reliable manufacturer's name brand rather than one that's rebranded, that hides the underlying manufacturer's quality. Also, for a drive this size, USB 2.0 is going to be SLOW. Live and learn!

yourpal said:   Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if your data is invaluable, you might want to consider buying a reliable manufacturer's name brand rather than one that's rebranded, that hides the underlying manufacturer's quality. Also, for a drive this size, USB 2.0 is going to be SLOW. Live and learn!
I have using staplez brand for years and it's been as reliable as any other brand.
Live and learn!

Um USB 2.0 for 128 GB??? whoever approved this should be fired, makes this product almost worthless..

marcopolomle said:   
yourpal said:   Not to rain on anyone's parade, but if your data is invaluable, you might want to consider buying a reliable manufacturer's name brand rather than one that's rebranded, that hides the underlying manufacturer's quality. Also, for a drive this size, USB 2.0 is going to be SLOW. Live and learn!
I have using staplez brand for years and it's been as reliable as any other brand.
Live and learn!

  While that's good to know, I think that yourpal still has a point that a Staples rebrand drive can have any underlying hardware underneath so just buyer-beware if you're looking to store data you might be remiss if you were to lose.  Any PNY or Sandisk can fail too, but I think there's a lil more truth to the nature of a particular PNY model # USB drive and the reviews it's received over time, whereas the "Staples 128G thumb drive" may have been great for the past 2-3 years as it could be a re-branded Sandisk and at any time Staples can change that manufacturer (which wouldn't be a big coincidence for the price drop) and could have very different reliability than previous versions.   Not rocket-science what I'm laying out here, but worth considering I think!

USB 2.0, no thanks

Perfectly fine for a USB Music Drive for your car, if it has that feature. 128GB will store a ton of music.

Amazing deal! Gonna use this for my Nintendo Wii.

Interesting offering.  The last drive I bought was a Staples drive (64GB USB 3.0) and so far so good.  Paid seven or eight bucks for that drive within the last year or so.

Am a little hesitant to go back to any USB 2.0 drive at this point, though.  Not really sure why USB 2.0 drives continue to be made.

shinobi1 said:    Not really sure why USB 2.0 drives continue to be made.
must be old stock from usb 2 days.

marcopolomle said:   
shinobi1 said:    Not really sure why USB 2.0 drives continue to be made.
must be old stock from usb 2 days.

  Maybe the media quality does not support r/w speed at 3.0 rate, so the I/O is limited to 2.0 intentionally.

Here is an alternate idea

Lexar 128gb 3.0 usb, at Odepot

Match to Amazon for $25, use Odepot rewards, easy in store match and pickup

This price for 128GB is amazing! Excellent deals.

I bought a bunch of Staples brand usb sticks last year when on sale. 32gb maybe...bought ten. First three I opened were all defective. took them all back. Never had a issue with any kind of drives purchased before.

Most of the USB 3.0 flash drives I purchased last year performed up to 40MB/s, within the USB2.0 speed max.  So it looks that 2.0 won't be a concern unless you are going to have a lot of 2.0 communications at the same time.  ( wifi + flash drive + CD/DVD etc)

Mr0ffic3r said:   Perfectly fine for a USB Music Drive for your car, if it has that feature. 128GB will store a ton of music.

I only use the micro-drives in my truck. Too easy to bump these and break the drive, or even worse, the jack.

I like these older drives for plugging into the TV to watch Torrents.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017