staples ad for 1/15/17: $0.01AR Norton AV Basic, 9.99AR case paper, $1ACR 3-ream case paper, $1ACR 5 ream paper, others

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

10% off copy/print over $50
Disclaimer

15% off shipping
Disclaimer
the Staples ad for the week of 1/15/17 is up on the website

front page related
0.01AR Norton AntiVirus Basic, 1 user 2412287 (limit 3 on rebate #16-94675)

paper related
9.99AR Staples Copy Paper Select, 8 1/2" x 11", Case 897802 (limit 4 on rebate #16-94841)
$1ACR Staples ® Multipurpose Paper, 8 1/2" x 11", 5 Ream Case 1147484 ( coupon code 18679, limit 4 on rebate #16-94922) (thanks to Californiadeal for bringing it to my attention)
9.99ACR Staples multipurpose paper, 10 ream case 513096 (coupon code 72035 is needed along with rebate limit 4 on rebate #16-94842)
$1ACR Cynthia Rowley® 8.5" x 11" copy paper (coupon code NI SKU 117308, rebate 16-93801, limit 1 since 1/8/17) (minor update from OP, the paper is with the cynthia rowley stuff, not in the regular paper area)

office/school supply related
0.75 Staples Cap Erasers, Pink, Dozen (10903) 167601 
0.75 Staples ® pink wedge erasers, 3/pack 271031 
0.75 Staples ® Dual Dome Pencil Sharpener, Each 935650 
$1 Staples ® College Ruled Filler Paper, 8" x 10-1/2", 120/Pack (37427M) 772966 
$1 Staples ® 1 Subject Notebook, 8" x 10-1/2" 321463 
$1 Staples ® Composition Notebook, College Ruled, Various Colors, Each (25536M) 572549 
$2 Ticonderoga® #2 pencils, 12/pack 138198 
$2 Staples ® Accel® 1-subject notebook
$4 BIC® Round Stic® Ballpoint Pens, Black Ink, Medium Point, 60/Box 442901 
$5 Staples ® 1" heavy-duty view binder when purchasing 3 or more
$10 Staples ® File Box, Letter/Legal (140050) 480548 
18.74 Staples Easy-Close Wove Catalog Envelopes, 9" x 12", White, 100/Box (379479/19026) 379479 
$10 Post-it® flags & tabs combo pack 2467263
$12 Bankers Box® Stor/File™ Basic-Duty Storage Boxes, Letter/Legal Size, 10 Pack (703™) 902697 
$29.99 Fellowes 3 mil Laminating Pouches Letter Size, 120 Bonus Pack (100+20 Free) 1530746 
39.99 Office Designs 2 Drawer Vertical File, Charcoal,Letter, 14.25''W (14443/17783) 490199 
69.99 Staples ® Turcotte Luxura® High Back Office Chair, Brown 934102 

cleaning/breakroom
7.99 Scott 1-Ply Choose-A-Size Paper Towels, 12 Rolls/Pack 2126874 
12.99 Glad® Tall Kitchen Quick-Tie® Trash Bags, 13 Gallon, 200 Count 2145206 

others
15% off Apple ITuned GCs 1322682
9.99 DYMO® LabelManager 160 Handheld Label Maker 344064 
12.99 Logitech ® M310, M317, M325 or M330 wireless mouse
19.99 Omnitech 14-sheet cross-cut shredder 1051112 
79.99 Brother® HL-L2320D Monochrome Laser Printer 1074269 

Any additonal info will be updated on sunday ASAP (links will be by end of thursday, rebate info and coupons will be on sunday). Hope this might help someone. Thank you for reading.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts

3c3 (Feb. 25, 2017 @ 8:02p) |

That one might have been a clone, since he actually used it at a McDonalds kiosk.

scripta (Feb. 26, 2017 @ 1:05a) |

I can confirm that the Norton rebate card (and Bed Bath Beyond) does have a PIN (last 4); bought a MO at WM yesterday.

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 6:28a) |

coupon related
Coupon code 72035 for 513096 to make 9.99ACR
16-94842, $36 said: Purchase a Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 10 Ream Case (SKU 513096) at Staples Stores between 01/15/17 and 01/21/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.

Coupon code for 1147484 to make $1ACR
16-94922, $23 said: Purchase Staples 8.5 x 11 Inch Multipurpose Paper 5 Ream Case (SKU 1147484) at Staples stores between 01/15/17 and 01/21/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.

Coupon code NI SKU 117308 for 1809159 to make $1ACR
rebate 16-93801, $8.99 said: Purchase a Cynthia Rowley Copy Paper 8.5 x 11 Inch Letter Size 500 Sheets Ream 3 Reams Carton (SKU 1809159) at Staples Stores between 01/08/17 and 01/28/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 1 rebate per name/address/household.

rebate related info
16-94675, $20 said: Purchase Norton AntiVirus Basic for 1 Device (SKUs 2412287, 2417811, 2465939) at Staples stores, Staples. com or Staples catalog between 01/15/17 and 01/21/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Symantec Visa Prepaid card. Limit 3 rebates per name/address/household.

16-94841, $40 said: Purchase a Staples Copy Paper Select 8.5 x 11 Inch Case (SKU 897802) at Staples stores between 01/15/17 and 01/21/17, then submit online or mail it in to receive a Visa Prepaid card. Limit 4 rebates per name/address/household.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Opportunity to monetize $60 in rewards on the Norton. Jan Rewards for Dec earn s/b up in the next few days as well.

Norton AntiVirus Basic, 1 user=   $39.99 - $19.98 instant savings - $20 easy rebate = 1˘

MISTERCHEAP said:   Jan Rewards for Dec earn s/b up in the next few days as well.They were up as of yesterday.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   Jan Rewards for Dec earn s/b up in the next few days as well.
They were up as of yesterday.

even better! can use them Sunday, TY NM.

VivYip said:   the Staples ad for the week of 1/7/17 is up on the website

Surely this means the coming week that begins on Sunday Jan 15th ?

Sorry, now see the correct date in the title, but why not correct it in the OP, above ?

OP has been corrected

MISTERCHEAP said:   Opportunity to monetize $60 in rewards on the Norton. Jan Rewards for Dec earn s/b up in the next few days as well.

Norton AntiVirus Basic, 1 user=   $39.99 - $19.98 instant savings - $20 easy rebate = 1˘

I haven't read the rebate terms, yet. Can you really turn your Rewards into cash this way? I was always weary that Staples Easy Rebates (or rebates in general) are only good for the actual amount paid on the receipt. This time last year, I didn't get all the Rewards from the McAfee AV deal; It was FAR + a 25% back in Rewards. I do plan on buying this Norton AV Basic just to pad my purchases to maintain Plus Rewards Member status.

jaymez619 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   Opportunity to monetize $60 in rewards on the Norton. Jan Rewards for Dec earn s/b up in the next few days as well.

I haven't read the rebate terms, yet. Can you really turn your Rewards into cash this way? I was always weary that Staples Easy Rebates (or rebates in general) are only good for the actual amount paid on the receipt. This time last year, I didn't get all the Rewards from the McAfee AV deal; It was FAR + a 25% back in Rewards. I do plan on buying this Norton AV Basic just to pad my purchases to maintain Plus Rewards Member status.

Hello, you are confusing REWARDS vs REBATE offers. Rebates are not tied to rewards use, if you redeem $60 in rewards to buy 3 of the Nortons, you will indeed receive a $60 Visa Prepaid Card (which can be used to pay for anything where Visa is accepted).  If this were a 25% back in rewards deal, you would not earn rewards by paying with rewards.

The story you reference, yes, Staples claimed that the rebate amount of the item was $.01, and 'pulled' paying the 25% in rewards on the then $40 before rebate item (I posted that deal, remember it well It was a limit of 10 rebates). However, everyone did receive their rebate, no matter how the item was paid for. Cash, CC, Gift Card or Rewards.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
jaymez619 said:   

I haven't read the rebate terms, yet. Can you really turn your Rewards into cash this way? I was always weary that Staples Easy Rebates (or rebates in general) are only good for the actual amount paid on the receipt. This time last year, I didn't get all the Rewards from the McAfee AV deal; It was FAR + a 25% back in Rewards. I do plan on buying this Norton AV Basic just to pad my purchases to maintain Plus Rewards Member status.

Hello, you are confusing REWARDS vs REBATE offers. Rebates are not tied to rewards use, if you redeem $60 in rewards to buy 3 of the Nortons, you will indeed receive a $60 Visa Prepaid Card (which can be used to pay for anything where Visa is accepted).  If this were a 25% back in rewards deal, you would not earn rewards by paying with rewards.

The story you reference, yes, Staples claimed that the rebate amount of the item was $.01, and 'pulled' paying the 25% in rewards on the then $40 before rebate item (I posted that deal, remember it well It was a limit of 10 rebates). However, everyone did receive their rebate, no matter how the item was paid for. Cash, CC, Gift Card or Rewards.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll just get the prepaid VISA and use it at Staples to cover purchases later in the year that are not covered by Rewards. I typically get $40/month and use it on office/bathroom supplies. That way, I can get $60 in purchases to count towards my Plus Rewards Membership status. I need more FAR items from Staples.

jaymez619 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
jaymez619 said:   

The story you reference, yes, Staples claimed that the rebate amount of the item was $.01, and 'pulled' paying the 25% in rewards on the then $40 before rebate item (I posted that deal, remember it well It was a limit of 10 rebates). However, everyone did receive their rebate, no matter how the item was paid for. Cash, CC, Gift Card or Rewards.

Thanks for the clarification. I guess I'll just get the prepaid VISA and use it at Staples to cover purchases later in the year that are not covered by Rewards. I typically get $40/month and use it on office/bathroom supplies. That way, I can get $60 in purchases to count towards my Plus Rewards Membership status. I need more FAR items from Staples

Remember, the visa card is only valid for 6 months before it starts getting charged fees, so be sure to use it ALL prior to the expiration date printed on the card.

jaymez619 said:   I guess I'll just get the prepaid VISA and use it at Staples to cover purchases later in the year that are not covered by Rewards.

There is no incentive for using that Visa card at Staples.

update to include the $1ACR for cynthia rowley 3 ream paper and other coupon for 10 ream case. Rebate details later in the morning.

VivYip said:   update to include the $1ACR for cynthia rowley 3 ream paper and other coupon for 10 ream case. Rebate details later in the morning.

Viv, if you could list rebate amounts in your OP that would be helpful info for many. especially where rewards or spend towards status is concerned. thank you.

OP - Is the antivirus rebate for in-store purchases only or online as well? Thanks!

Update:  Found the rebate form online and it's for both in-store and online.

Does anyone have last weeks coupon for the half cases? I forgot to print it to use today.

thanks in advance

Thanks op

Jeff36 said:   Does anyone have last weeks coupon for the half cases? I forgot to print it to use today.

thanks in advance

last week cpn code is 53307 exp. 1/14
it took off 6.99 making 5 ream case $1 AR
so would this result in same $1 AR this Mon/Tues?

Correct - if you use it before tomorrow.  But I need the actual coupon, my store is kind of a stickler.

Jeff36 said:   Correct - if you use it before tomorrow.  But I need the actual coupon, my store is kind of a stickler.
  Do you have the email with the following subject?  I just clicked on the coupon link in the email and was able to print the coupon.
If you don't have it I can make a pdf for you but easier if you have it.Oooh! 20% OFF — you've earned a discount on office essentials!

Thanks OP, in for 3 online & right away SER done too

Over at the other forum discussion on whether :
Norton rebate shouldn't be part of the yearly $250 Symantec rebate limit, right?As both Staples & Norton use same processor
Not thought about that, hope no probs...

As far as I know, since this is a Staples easyrebate, it should not count towards the $250 limit. In my opinion, unless a person takes part of a lot of symantec rebates, if a rebate is around $40 -$60/rebate in general, then it's maybe 6 rebates/year from symantec. However if a person is really cautious, since this one is a $20, just be on the cautious end and make sure you don't get close to the total $250 limit.

I think Norton does count towards 250, look at the mail in rebate address. It's a symantec rebate not a Staples one

hmmm... pjws3, you may be right. Err on the side of caution and $250 then. (FWIW, I think between the FAR that I've seen since november(?) from fry's and Newegg and now Staples, people are still safe...

the ones I can recall of the top of my head for myself include (sorry on formatting, i'm cutting and pasting from email)
Fry's: Norton Security Premium (10 devices) + Norton Utilities (3 PCs) + Norton Computer Tune-Up Bundle 1: $60
Fry's: Norton Utilities - 3 PCs / 1-Year Coverage 1: $30
Newegg: SYMANTEC NORTON SCRTY DLX 5 DVC S R ( 1): $60
Staples: norton AV basic: $20

fwiw, only the Staples one is an easy rebate that doesn't need mailing in so far. my other weird question at this point might be: what is the time point for a year if we're following the 250/yr limit? oh well.

5ream.pdf
Disclaimer
Jeff36 said:   Correct - if you use it before tomorrow.  But I need the actual coupon, my store is kind of a stickler.
  See attached.

They haven't fixed the Invalid UPC Number for downloaded software yet. Sigh.....

3c3 said:   They haven't fixed the Invalid UPC Number for downloaded software yet. Sigh.....
They fixed it a couple days into the last Kaspersky .01AR deal.  Looks like they missed Norton.

3c3 said:   They haven't fixed the Invalid UPC Number for downloaded software yet. Sigh.....
  +1. Spent 10 minutes on chat to get that fixed. Will they ever get their acts straight!

pjws3 said:   I think Norton does count towards 250, look at the mail in rebate address. It's a symantec rebate not a Staples one
  I think it counts to 250 limit.  I ordered download version, submitted rebate online.  I got 2 rebate submission confirmation.  One is from Staples easy rebate.  The other is from Symantec.

MISTERCHEAP said:   
VivYip said:   update to include the $1ACR for cynthia rowley 3 ream paper and other coupon for 10 ream case. Rebate details later in the morning.

Viv, if you could list rebate amounts in your OP that would be helpful info for many. especially where rewards or spend towards status is concerned. thank you.

Coupon couldn't be redeemed: An error 620 occurred.
The entered coupon doesn't exist. Please double-check or re-enter to make sure coupon code is typed correctly. for the Cynthia Rowley and a link to the rebate form

the "coupon" is more like a NI SKU number. Have the cashier enter the NI SKU to trigger the rebate.

nsdp said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Coupon couldn't be redeemed: An error 620 occurred.
The entered coupon doesn't exist. Please double-check or re-enter to make sure coupon code is typed correctly. for the Cynthia Rowley and a link to the rebate form

As VivYip noted, the "coupon" code is not a coupon code. It's a Non Inventory SKU. It needs to be entered as an item not as a coupon. The NISKU activates the rebates. Without the NISKU, the rebate submission will be invalidated by the rebate system.

So, confused over comment about "this is not a coupon but, a code"  Does that mean we can use this deal after 1/14/17 expiration date?   IE The coupon PDF? Thx

The NI SKU ends 1/28/17. This is for only the cynthia rowley item.

The "1/14/17" coupon code being referred to might be for the 5-ream

$1ACR 5 ream
Disclaimer
coupon code 18679 added to OP and QS with expiration of 1/21/17

see http://www.staples.com/coupons/?icid=HP:HP:DEALSDROP:COUPON:TEXT:WEEKLY:20140101:0 for image

OK, I was trying to figure out if the 5 ream coupon for paper would still work still

sorry about that, I only saw it a minute ago. This coupon should work for rest of week.

Note that TCB has 3.6% cashback on Staples right now (doesn't say for how long, I htink it's usually 1.1%?).

=aw

SAH was 8% Sat-Sun-Mon.  Normally 2%.
Plenti has been 3% for a while.

it's trying to charge tax for the Norton when buying online, even if I pay the entire amount with rewards. Weird.

Skipping 43 Messages...
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   my4mainecoons said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   The Norton card doesn't have a PIN.    no?
I recall using one to buy m.o. at WM a few months ago.  It was a Norton card from a Newegg rebate.
Upon further research, maybe it does have a PIN since the first 8 digits of the card are the same as Staples Rebate Card. Also note that you can access the card balance via https://rebate.staples.com/staples/home.action
I can confirm that the Norton rebate card (and Bed Bath Beyond) does have a PIN (last 4); bought a MO at WM yesterday.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017