• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
while some of you know about the PERK Staples offers plus and premier members, many do not. The current coupon expires 1/31/17, so if you have not taken advantage of this, you need to in the next 20 days.

VALID IN STORE ONLY.   Log into Staples, rewards and then look for "MY BENEFITS" area to find this coupon. FREE PRINT & MARKETING SERVICESPlus members get $25 of free Print & Marketing services and Premier members get $50 of free Print & Marketing services.Staples ® Print & Marketing is your one-stop shop for all your print products and services. Our professionals can handle projects of all types, sizes and complexity, including: 

• Custom printing
  • Brochures and booklets
  • Catalogs
  • Tradeshow signage
  • Presentations
  • Direct mail
  • Packaging and labels
  • Business forms and more

*Excludes self-service printing, computer workstation, Staples Promotional Products®, shipping services, stamps, online orders and gift cards. Savings only good towards in-store Print & Marketing purchase

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

staples (10.27kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yes, they can.

MrVietnam (Jan. 19, 2017 @ 7:49p) |

One more question - does the coupon value need to be used in one transaction?

Yoksel (Jan. 19, 2017 @ 8:51p) |

No, a balance coupon of what's left will print at the end of the receipt.

PruHTP (Jan. 22, 2017 @ 8:21p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
if you are plus/premier, this resets every year.  great for party invitations/holiday cards

rated:
This benefit has existed for years. Thus nothing new and not a HD as it requires one to reach a certain level of spending in order to get this benefit.

rated:
PruHTP said:   This benefit has existed for years. Thus nothing new and not a HD as it requires one to reach a certain level of spending in order to get this benefit.

SO? it clearly shows the levels, many HD deals are level dependent. My Coke Rewards had gold level for a time, Rite Aid  has a gold and silver level to get certain better prices on deals, etc.

It's new if you don't know about it, if you do just move along. I CLEARLY made this clear in the OP that some know about this....RED.

rated:
Thank you, Mr. C!

rated:
has anyone used this benefit? how does it work?

i'm confused by the offer because it doesn't seem to specify whether it's for the actual printed product, or just the "services" Staples offers. also, even though i have never used it, it says "As of Date 1/14/2017, you have $0 remaining in Print & Marketing Savings." that statement prints with the coupon, so i'm a little worried they won't give me any discount if i try to use it.

rated:
I moved from Plus to Premier in Dec 2016. My Premier coupon expires Dec 2017. I assume I had a Plus coupon expiring Jan 2017 that disappeared when I changed. Possibly something to watch for.

=aw

rated:
crabbing said:   has anyone used this benefit? how does it work?

i'm confused by the offer because it doesn't seem to specify whether it's for the actual printed product, or just the "services" Staples offers. also, even though i have never used it, it says "As of Date 1/14/2017, you have $0 remaining in Print & Marketing Savings." that statement prints with the coupon, so i'm a little worried they won't give me any discount if i try to use it.

yes, just picked up custom address labels last night. you must order in person and pick up in person to use this. bought $20 in address labels, paid with Q, $30 balance Q printed out on receipt.

Pretty much works on any PRINT type order (business cards, photo cards, address labels, posters, large printing order (not self serve), etc.   you can add your own photo to the address label (pets, kids, etc). you can email the photo to the local store and they insert it into the mock up you create.

can't say on the $0 thing you reference, but if you haven't used it and it's not expired, s/b worth the full value.

rated:
I've seen the coupon before, but never used it. Just took a look now and for some reason, doesn't show a value?!? Just says "SAVE" in big letters and then "Staples Rewards Premier Free Copy and Print Services", with some more details. Not once does it mention how much the savings are.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   yes, just picked up custom address labels last night. you must order in person and pick up in person to use this. bought $20 in address labels, paid with Q, $30 balance Q printed out on receipt.

WHAT?!?  :O  That balance coupon good for anything, or still just for print services??

rated:
Danzilla said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   yes, just picked up custom address labels last night. you must order in person and pick up in person to use this. bought $20 in address labels, paid with Q, $30 balance Q printed out on receipt.

WHAT?!?  :O  That balance coupon good for anything, or still just for print services??

haven't tried it yet. Will tomorrow on the FAR Norton to see if will take or if it's specially coded to work only on store print orders.

rated:
Danzilla said:   I've seen the coupon before, but never used it. Just took a look now and for some reason, doesn't show a value?!? Just says "SAVE" in big letters and then "Staples Rewards Premier Free Copy and Print Services", with some more details. Not once does it mention how much the savings are.

it's tied to your rewards level. $25 for plus, $50 for Premier. mine had no value on it either, but since mine was expiring on 1/31, I decided best to start spending it.

rated:
MC, I'll save you some time. I have tried using it on non-copy center items, both in store and online before, and it does not work. It is specifically coded to only work at the copy and print center.

rated:
How many address labels do they give you for $20? Once you place your order, how many days does it take to get them?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   How many address labels do they give you for $20? Once you place your order, how many days does it take to get them?

the more you order, the better the value.

think it was 140 for $10 , 320 for $20 or 500 for $30. (approx). if you order in the AM, they sometimes are done later that day, if not, the next day  (especially if order them in the PM).

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PruHTP said:   This benefit has existed for years. Thus nothing new and not a HD as it requires one to reach a certain level of spending in order to get this benefit.

SO? it clearly shows the levels, many HD deals are level dependent. My Coke Rewards had gold level for a time, Rite*Aid  has a gold and silver level to get certain better prices on deals, etc.

It's new if you don't know about it, if you do just move along. I CLEARLY made this clear in the OP that some know about this....RED.

So? This is a PSA as it's a reminder of benefits available  and not a HD. By you your logic I should create a single thread for each benefit that comes with Premier.
20% off instantly on Copy & Print (once $50 of free Copy & Print services has been used up)

Free PC Diagnostic 

$20 off EasyTech Total Support 

rated:
I posted about this coupon in Nov. 2015.
Its specifically for "behind the counter" print services.  In other words, you can't use it for photocopying that you do yourself.
In the last thread we mentioned photo mugs and return address stamps.

rated:
PruHTP said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

SO? it clearly shows the levels, many HD deals are level dependent. My Coke Rewards had gold level for a time, Rite*Aid  has a gold and silver level to get certain better prices on deals, etc.

So? This is a PSA as it's a reminder of benefits available  and not a HD. By you your logic I should create a single thread for each benefit that comes with Premier.
20% off instantly on Copy & Print (once $50 of free Copy & Print services has been used up)

Free PC Diagnostic 

um no, you've already made your point earlier, but just can't let it go. this perk is a very useful and valuable one. $50 in free labels, business cards, etc is hardly a PSA.

threads in the past for any Easy Tech coupons, even without rewards tie in, have historically gotten red. Most don't want Staples doing any free diagnostic checks or tune ups for fear of causing damage or upselling on other unnecessary services.

This post has lots of green, that should be your barometer to whether this is helpful to people. As I mentioned earlier, if you know about this and it's not of value to you, then just move along. But posting up repeated petty messages serves what purpose exactly?

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   How many address labels do they give you for $20? Once you place your order, how many days does it take to get them?

think it was 140 for $10 , 320 for $20 or 500 for $30. (approx). if you order in the AM, they sometimes are done later that day, if not, the next day  (especially if order them in the PM).

Have you actually purchased address labels? I went to a Staples store and they don't provide the labels. They wanted me to buy the labels in the store and then bring them to the copy and print center and they would do the printing over there. The trouble with that grand plan is the Premier $50 coupon is hard coded to only work on Copy and Print center services. So if I bought a box of labels as the clerk suggested I would have to pay out of pocket and it would defeat the whole purpose of me tying to get them for free with the expiring coupon.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Have you actually purchased address labels? I went to a Staples store and they don't provide the labels. They wanted me to buy the labels in the store and then bring them to the copy and print center and they would do the printing over there. The trouble with that grand plan is the Premier $50 coupon is hard coded to only work on Copy and Print center services. So if I bought a box of labels as the clerk suggested I would have to pay out of pocket and it would defeat the whole purpose of me tying to get them for free with the expiring coupon.

No, they provide the labels as part of the cost. just like they provide the paper when you make copies or the cards when you order holiday cards. yes, Mr. V, I actually purchased them from the print center. the labels were provided by the store.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Have you actually purchased address labels? I went to a Staples store and they don't provide the labels. They wanted me to buy the labels in the store and then bring them to the copy and print center and they would do the printing over there. The trouble with that grand plan is the Premier $50 coupon is hard coded to only work on Copy and Print center services. So if I bought a box of labels as the clerk suggested I would have to pay out of pocket and it would defeat the whole purpose of me tying to get them for free with the expiring coupon.

No, they provide the labels as part of the cost. just like they provide the paper when you make copies or the cards when you order holiday cards. yes, Mr. V, I actually purchased them from the print center. the labels were provided by the store.

So maybe the clerk who helped me didn't know what he was talking about. He said I had to purchase them separately at the store and bring them to the copy center for printing and I would get charged for the printing and not for the labels which I bought separately.

Perhaps I will try again tonight and talk to another clerk who may be more knowledgeable. If I bring labels to the copy center and purchase them there you are saying the coupon will work? The trouble is I only have a balance coupon so if I use it to purchase the labels I will not be able to use it again to pay for the printing because you only get two uses on Staples rewards-type coupons. The clerk who helped me today said the copy center did not provide the labels and I had to buy them and bring them to the copy center.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

So maybe the clerk who helped me didn't know what he was talking about. He said I had to purchase them separately at the store and bring them to the copy center for printing and I would get charged for the printing and not for the labels which I bought separately.

Perhaps I will try again tonight and talk to another clerk who may be more knowledgeable. If I bring labels to the copy center and purchase them there you are saying the coupon will work? The trouble is I only have a balance coupon so if I use it to purchase the labels I will not be able to use it again to pay for the printing because you only get two uses on Staples rewards-type coupons. The clerk who helped me today said the copy center did not provide the labels and I had to buy them and bring them to the copy center.

Mr. V, I don't know how your Staples operates, but the concept that the customer has to provide the labels is absurd. is someone really going to pay $10 for their ink for them to print  up 140 labels?

Obviously if you order business cards there, you aren't expected to provide the cards they get printed on. Something is definitely off. Address labels should be online as part of their print offerings. there should be an SKU that corresponds to that. I'll see what I can find.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Mr. V, I don't know how your Staples operates, but the concept that the customer has to provide the labels is absurd. is someone really going to pay $10 for their ink for them to print  up 140 labels?

Obviously if you order business cards there, you aren't expected to provide the cards they get printed on. Something is definitely off. Address labels should be online as part of their print offerings. there should be an SKU that corresponds to that. I'll see what I can find.

Thanks, MC. I will just try back tonight and hopefully the clerk at the copy and print center tonight will know what they are talking about. I wish Staples would just give Premier members back $50 to use for anything in the store rather than tie it to copy and print only.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
PruHTP said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Free PC Diagnostic 

um no, you've already made your point earlier, but just can't let it go. this perk is a very useful and valuable one. $50 in free labels, business cards, etc is hardly a PSA.

threads in the past for any Easy Tech coupons, even without rewards tie in, have historically gotten red. Most don't want Staples *s doing any free diagnostic checks or tune ups for fear of causing damage or upselling on other unnecessary services.

This post has lots of green, that should be your barometer to whether this is helpful to people. As I mentioned earlier, if you know about this and it's not of value to you, then just move along. But posting up repeated petty messages serves what purpose exactly?

Um Yes. Even your expiration date is wrong as it's YOUR expiration date and not everyone's expiration date. Mine is 12/31/17 and others have listed theirs as others dates. Putting down one Staple*s benefit does not make it better than another benefit. Each one has it's targeted audience. So I guess my "Perk" is better than your "Perk": 20% off instantly on Copy & Print (once $50 of free Copy & Print services has been used up)

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Mr. V, I don't know how your Staples operates, but the concept that the customer has to provide the labels is absurd. is someone really going to pay $10 for their ink for them to print  up 140 labels?

Thanks, MC. I will just try back tonight and hopefully the clerk at the copy and print center tonight will know what they are talking about. I wish Staples would just give Premier members back $50 to use for anything in the store rather than tie it to copy and print only.

Is it really worth all that hassle for address labels?  I have a package of 10,000 blank address labels (Staples brand) and just run a sheet through my printer when I need them.  I think it was $6 for 10K blanks.
Organizations often send out free address labels.
Why  not get a return address stamp instead?   Remember when those were free after Rewards?
I had a bank deposit stamp made when they offered free stamps -- use it to deposit all my rebate checks, money orders, etc.
AND the clerk won't ask you to provide your own stamp...

rated:
PruHTP said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Um Yes. Even your expiration date is wrong as it's YOUR expiration date and not everyone's expiration date. Mine is 12/31/17 and others have listed theirs as others dates. Putting down one Staple*s benefit does not make it better than another benefit. Each one has it's targeted audience. So I guess my "Perk" is better than your "Perk": 20% off instantly on Copy & Print (once $50 of free Copy & Print services has been used up)

My expiration date was posted cause I didn't realize they differed when I posted it, there was no ill intent in that (and if someone's does expire on 1/31, certainly you have a short time to use it). I added in exp may vary.

Look Pru, you share some great Staples info that I've benefited from, and I appreciate it. But the average Staples member is likely not aware or simply forgot about this perk since it's not easily found on the main rewards landing page (where you print the regular rewards) you sort of have to dig for this coupon, and as I said, the green tells me the value in sharing it was justified. Sure you can share the Easy Tech Q's, I'm not looking to spam the board with every ridiculous perk, but this is a valuable one and doesn't require schlepping your computer to Staples either.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Thanks, MC. I will just try back tonight and hopefully the clerk at the copy and print center tonight will know what they are talking about. I wish Staples would just give Premier members back $50 to use for anything in the store rather than tie it to copy and print only.

Is it really worth all that hassle for address labels?  I have a package of 10,000 blank address labels (Staples brand) and just run a sheet through my printer when I need them.  I think it was $6 for 10K blanks.
Organizations often send out free address labels.
Why  not get a return address stamp instead?   Remember when those were free after Rewards?
I had a bank deposit stamp made when they offered free stamps -- use it to deposit all my rebate checks, money orders, etc.
AND the clerk won't ask you to provide your own stamp...

I have both, address labels look classier on birthday cards, holiday cards, etc. I don't mind the stamp to send in a rebate or pay a bill.   I've tried making my own labels, but they come out looking like crap so I've lost patience. Call it laziness. There are a lot of good ways to use the $50 perk, it's just up to you want you want to get done or customized.

rated:
my4mainecoons said:   I posted about this coupon in Nov. 2015.
Its specifically for "behind the counter" print services.  In other words, you can't use it for photocopying that you do yourself.
In the last thread we mentioned photo mugs and return address stamps.

free photo mugs? this benefit is better than i thought!

i get more return address labels than i could ever use from charities asking me for money.  i'd love to see the types of things people here have successfully ordered for free "print and marketing" services.

rated:
I tried to use these coupons a couple times in previous years and were met with puzzled looks and a big fat NO
After reading this thread, I attempted to buy a custom stamp and some addy labels, and it did in deed work without issue
I know I can print my own, but I don't see any blanks for free, and I would most likely do something wrong and wreck them
Thanks to everyone who helped

rated:
Can they do laminating?

rated:
Check your email today for a couple of additional coupons which should stack with this one, 10% off presentations, manuals and document printing over $50 and a $5 gift reward towards any in-store Print & Marketing Services purchase.

rated:
Yoksel said:   Can they do laminating?
 Yes, they can.

rated:
One more question - does the coupon value need to be used in one transaction?

rated:
Yoksel said:   One more question - does the coupon value need to be used in one transaction?
  No, a balance coupon of what's left will print at the end of the receipt.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017