This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

TurboTax Premier 2016 for Windows/Mac (1 User) - $46.54 AC @ Staples

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

TurboTax Premier for Tax Year 2016 with E-file 2016 State 2016 Bundle - Box Pack
Disclaimer
Staples has the TurboTax Premier 2016 for Windows/Mac (1 User) on sale for $55.44 - $10.00 coupon code "18450" = $45.64 with free in-store pickup or free shipping for Staples Reward Members (free to join).

• NEW- Understand your tax history and maximize next year’s refund with My Analysis & Advice
  • Get expert answers to your tax questions by phone
  • Coaches and double checks along the way
  • Automatically imports W-2s, investment & mortgage information from participating companies
  • Tailored to you, based on your unique situation
  • Additional guidance for rental property income, expenses, depreciation and refinancing
  • Searches for 350+ deductions and credits, including tax-saving rental property deductions
  • Maximize charitable donations with ItsDeductible™
  • 5 Free Federal E-Files
  • Includes one State download

Amazon has this available for $54.86, which is their lowest price ever according to camelcamelcamel. It received 4.5/5 stars based on 128 Amazon customer reviews. 

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Products is $74.90. 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
There is no clear way on Turbo Tax's website to find out if DELUXE will do Sch C & D for investments!

jimmywalt (Jan. 18, 2017 @ 9:46p) |

bppcomplete (Jan. 23, 2017 @ 8:39p) |

What is different between (1 User) and (5 User) and does not specify? If the (1 User) version could be used in 2 laptops... (more)

mxch (Feb. 20, 2017 @ 1:30p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I went to the Staples store to make sure the product was the CD version rather than the download, it was, but when I went to purchase at the register, the TurboTax Premier rang up as $74.99. Instead of making me buy online at the in-store kiosk to get the lower online price as well as use the $10 coupon, the manager was nice enough to just take off $30 as a price match. So, my price was $44.99 before tax. I have read that the prices are lowest in January while discounts decrease as it gets closer to April 15 so I figured best to pull the trigger now as this is the lowest price I have seen to date. 

Dang, I wish I hadn't already bought this from Amazon.

Premier is likely a waste of money as Deluxe suffices for most people.

Deluxe would be more of a waste of money if you made any stock transactions last year...

henkster said:   Deluxe would be more of a waste of money if you made any stock transactions last year...

Deluxe covers those forms. You don't need Premier.

bppcomplete said:   
henkster said:   Deluxe would be more of a waste of money if you made any stock transactions last year...

Really?!?! So before i buy either or and start my taxes early.
Can Deluxe import and populate all my transaction automatically and roll over my capital losses? I can do it manually, but its such a pain.

EradicateSpam said:   Premier is likely a waste of money as Deluxe suffices for most people.
  Deluxe won/t help with my rental properties...  

pkny said:   
bppcomplete said:   

Really?!?! So before i buy either or and start my taxes early.
Can Deluxe import and populate all my transaction automatically and roll over my capital losses? I can do it manually, but its such a pain.

Yes.  Never needed anything more than Deluxe except when TT screwed up 2 years back.  Don't have rental properties.

TT scares people into thinking they need higher versions.

Thanks OP, great price and well put on future discounts. As for version, I purchased Deluxe last year but then found I needed Premier. Upgrade feature is available online, so those trying to decide may want to go with the cheaper knowing this option.

how much does state cost

Got download at 46$ thanks OP

poorfatkid said:   
EradicateSpam said:   Premier is likely a waste of money as Deluxe suffices for most people.

Deluxe does handle rental properties. 

johnjammy said:   how much does state cost
  1 state is included.$19.95 to efile or free to mail in.

mrcamp said:   
poorfatkid said:   

Deluxe does handle rental properties. 

Don't think So. Deluxe does not prepare Schedule E.   You will need to use Premier or higher.  See here

That information is two years old. Here's the latest info for TurboTax Deluxe 2016:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2921505-does-the-turbotax-delu...

thanks op. usually do myself but the tax man wanted more money for 2015, so must make sure 2016 is correct

I've always hired a professional tax accountant. 

code works for all Turbo Tax products get Deluxe only for $20 + tax
Home and Business for $54 + tax 

What exactly is the reason to buy Premier version over Deluxe? Only thing I could figure out is better help (as per Intuit). Is there a schedule the Premier handles that the Deluxe does not? Deluxe is cheaper by more than $15.

swapanshah said:   What exactly is the reason to buy Premier version over Deluxe? Only thing I could figure out is better help (as per Intuit). Is there a schedule the Premier handles that the Deluxe does not? Deluxe is cheaper by more than $15.
  Product Comparison  

Hmmmm...  I bought the Premier download edition from Amazon for $54.86 on 12/30/2016. This is a better deal. Wonder if Amazon will price match to this offer on a previous purchase?

Of course I will research my question to myself on my own.

Great deal. Thanks OP

Thanks OP. This is better price than Costco.

Just tried it and Staples says the coupon has expired. Did I just miss it?

There is no clear way on Turbo Tax's website to find out if DELUXE will do Sch C & D for investments!

jimmywalt said:   There is no clear way on Turbo Tax 's website to find out if DELUXE will do Sch C & D for investments!

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2921505-does-the-turbotax-delu...

What is different between (1 User) and (5 User) and does not specify? If the (1 User) version could be used in 2 laptops?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017