• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

50" Sharp LC-50LB481U 1080p Roku Smart LED HDTV
$224.99 (w/ VISA Checkout)
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sharp-50-class-49-5-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-roku-tv-black/4863102.p?skuId=4863102

$224.99 (w/ VISA Checkout)

Only at Best BuySharp LC-50LB481U LED Roku TV: Get a TV that enjoys full Internet connectivity with this Sharp 49.5-inch smart TV. Full HD resolutions give you plenty of detail whether you're streaming content from the Internet using the integrated Roku player or watching via cable. Plenty of contrast and high-quality sound mean this Sharp 49.5-in smart TV delivers outstanding video.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Seems like a great deal.

I picked up the 55" version a week ago for $330 (the VISA checkout deal wasn't active at the time, unfortunately) and just set it up yesterday. So far, so good. Easy to setup, picture is solid after a few tweaks, sound is perfectly adequate (obviously, hooking it up to a sound system would be ideal). Wireless networking has been fast and the Roku features work well.

One big warning: Sharp uses "feet" for standing the TV up, rather than a center-positioned "stand." This requires a wider surface to support the TV. This was an uncharacteristic impulse buy for me and I didn't research the TV before I bought it; the stand where I was going to put it was too small. My wife and I figured things out, rearranging a bunch of TV furniture, but it wasn't elegant.

Also, and I'm sure this is not so much a Sharp thing as it is a "modern TV" thing, but there are no component inputs on the 55" model. I had a DVD player and Wii using those connections, so that hurts. Looks like I can get an HDMI adapter for the Wii, but I'll either have to go with composite for the DVD player or just not hook it up. This is not going to be our main TV, so it's not really a big problem, but still a little frustrating.

rated:
Great deal, IMO. Bought this one in July at $299, at $225 it's a steal.
BTW - The discount more than covers 5 year extended warranty
via BBuy: A plus since TV only comes with 1 year warranty.

rated:
Seems pretty hot, thanks OP.

rated:
very nice not sure why but still bought one... 

rated:
dlk9s said:   
Also, and I'm sure this is not so much a Sharp thing as it is a "modern TV" thing, but there are no component inputs on the 55" model. I had a DVD player and Wii using those connections, so that hurts. Looks like I can get an HDMI adapter for the Wii, but I'll either have to go with composite for the DVD player or just not hook it up. This is not going to be our main TV, so it's not really a big problem, but still a little frustrating.

Appears to be a Sharp thing.  Filtering the items available to pickup at my local BB, Samsung, LG, Vizio, Sony, Insignia, and Westinghouse all have TVs with at least one component input.

rated:
OP please add "Store pickup only" to the title.

rated:
dlk9s said:   Seems like a great deal.

I picked up the 55" version a week ago for $330 (the VISA checkout deal wasn't active at the time, unfortunately) and just set it up yesterday. So far, so good. Easy to setup, picture is solid after a few tweaks, sound is perfectly adequate (obviously, hooking it up to a sound system would be ideal). Wireless networking has been fast and the Roku features work well.

One big warning: Sharp uses "feet" for standing the TV up, rather than a center-positioned "stand." This requires a wider surface to support the TV. This was an uncharacteristic impulse buy for me and I didn't research the TV before I bought it; the stand where I was going to put it was too small. My wife and I figured things out, rearranging a bunch of TV furniture, but it wasn't elegant.

What's a "DVD" ?  

rated:
Sharp has gone out of business.

rated:
They closed their TV business some months ago. This
is why the sets are cheap.

rated:
dlk9s said:   Seems like a great deal.

The answer to your issues may be this : http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=8146&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-_HDBRD2lomhoufc1JkBEiQA0TVMmirl_LtkiZJRXFY_oFhqraZRvjoCraRac--prgQ7HV0aAlZo8P8HAQ

rated:
Back to $299 now (pre-Visa checkout)

rated:
belgique said:   Sharp has gone out of business.

Actually, Hisense bought Sharp and they are strategically planning how to re-enter the TV market with their Quantum Dot TV models (Hisense has a 65" 4k Quantum Dot model out already). Sharpserviceplan.com extended warranty will still honor your extended warranty with them, Sharp service (email onlinesupport@sharpsec.com to get your Sharp factory support started) will still honor your less than 1 year factory warranty, but I do highly recommend purchasing the BestBuy warranty instead as it's so much more easier to deal with BestBuy instead of the manufacturer in the case of an event where your entire TV will need to be replaced.

rated:
How did Visa Checkout bring it down $75? I missed the Visa Checkout promo. Hope it comes back around.

I'm looking at a 50' Hi-Sense (2160p) right now for only $300. Wish I could have used the Visa Checkout promo for that!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/hisense-50-class-49-5-diag--led-2160...

rated:
Price was $250 when OP originally posted. Now $300. Hence the expired deal tag.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017