Acer Black 25" (1080) 4ms LED Backlight LCD IPS Monitor w/ Speakers + Coboc HDMI + DVI-D Cables - $119.99 FS @ Newegg

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

AcerG257HL
Disclaimer
For one day only, Newegg has the Acer Black 25" (1920 x 1080) 4ms LED Backlight LCD IPS Monitor w/ Built-in Speakers + Coboc 6-ft. DVI-D Dual-Link Cable + Coboc 3-ft. Gold Plated HDMI Cable (G257HL BMIDX)  on sale for $119.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This matches Amazon's lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel. This monitor regularly sells for $189.99

• 25" (1920 x 1080) LED Backlight LCD IPS Monitor
  • 60Hz
  • 4ms
  • 250 cd/m2
  • ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)
  • D-Sub, DVI, HDMI Inputs
  • 16.54" x 22.40" x 7.28" ; 7.72 lbs. w/ stand

Rated 4/5 stars with 67 customer reviews. Rated 4.2/5 stars with 5,501 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $171.90 from Jet.com.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this good for gaming. And by good I mean OK. And by OK I mean at least as good as the 22" 1650x1080 60mHz monitor (Samsung 226bw) I've been using for the last 8 years?

stannius said:   Is this good for gaming. And by good I mean OK. And by OK I mean at least as good as the 22" 1650x1080 60mHz monitor (Samsung 226bw) I've been using for the last 8 years?
  It should be. This is IPS so the colors will really pop vs your TN panel. At least I think it is a TN panel; it was hard to find any site that listed that spec, but reviews described it as such.  The response time is 2ms slower so you might see some blurriness at times that you might not have seen in your old monitor but most people can deal with sub 5ms times.

You could probably buy a similar priced Samsung or ASUS TN panel monitor with 2ms timing, instead of IPS if you're mostly concerned about gaming and motion blur. I know ASUS pretty much constantly has a monitor at this price or less. Then again you might really appreciate the beauty of an IPS screen's color representation in games and not notice the slightly slower response time.

The other main concern is the brightness of this monitor is not great so if you constantly play in a bright room that might annoy you a bit, but it is only slightly less bright than your current monitor, so it shouldn't be a big problem unless it already is a problem for you now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017