Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

bella (42.58kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

jesekea (Jan. 18, 2017 @ 8:44p) |

If It's a fryier why everybody compares it with a convection oven ? I use convection oven for baking and roasting only. ... (more)

simbat (Jan. 19, 2017 @ 8:02a) |

It's not a convection oven and it's not quite a fryer. People who say, "just use your convection oven", obviously have n... (more)

2coatsofpaint (Jan. 22, 2017 @ 12:34p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Whats the difference in this and using a convection toaster oven?

rated:
I only just recently got myself an air fryer, but from what I can tell of it versus a convection oven:

• smaller, so less counter-top footprint, but also smaller batches of food
  • cooks faster, but since it's smaller you may need to do multiple batches
  • easier to clean up, as the food sits in a basket that's on top of a drip pan; you just take them out and rinse and maybe scrub them out
  • tends to make food a bit crispier than the convection oven

rated:

2 (1.87MB)
Disclaimer

1 (1.99MB)
Disclaimer
These things were expensive when they first came out a few years ago like the microwaves.  Now, they are very affordable at $50 or so.  Get it if you can.

I've been using my Avalon Bay Air Fryer purchased from Amazon for $109 since Feb. 2016.  It's a work horse in my household and have replaced my convection oven since.  No oil needed and food comes out warm/hot and much crispier than the convection/toaster oven.  Takes less energy than an conventional oven since I only cook for 2.  It's a cheaper and healthier way of cooking.

My 1.2lb home made roast pork from the airfryer just for dinner today. 

rated:
Best Buy says its capacity is 4 liters... Everyone else says 2.5 liter.. Big difference. Does anyone own this already?

rated:
yamafx4dude said:   Whats the difference in this and using a convection toaster oven?

Its much easier to clean; everything else is essentially the same. Although it states you won't need additional oil to brown food, the reality of the device is that it uses any "oil" or fat that the food already has to brown it similar to what you would get with a regular convection toaster oven.

So in other words, a batch of fries already with some oil on them will crisp up similar to a batch of fries that you could similarly crisp up in the oven. Same with anything else. Look at the exhaustive reviews on Amazon for people talking about the pros and cons of it further if you want more detailed information. I personally find this device excellent for left-overs or "pre-cooked" frozen food you would buy at the supermarket. It shouldn't totally replace a toaster oven though, as they still can be used to brown toast, bake and broil foods which this device can not do effectively.

rated:
That is the second flyer I saw in FW, can offer something in detailed?

rated:
amazon has it for the same price too. No free 2-day shipping though

rated:
szow79 said:   amazon has it for the same price too. No free 2-day shipping though  
Thank you!

rated:
Missed the last one, got it,thanks op.

rated:
Ordered one for $60

rated:
Wal-Mart $39 Farberware 2.5 liter Air Fryer White YMMV

rated:
It's showing $59.99 for me OP.

Amazon mentions it be 2.5 L where it is $49.99

rated:
DDoubleyou said:   Best Buy says its capacity is 4 liters... Everyone else says 2.5 liter.. Big difference. Does anyone own this already?
  BestBuy show the capacity is 4.2 Quarts not liters.  

rated:
$59.99 now

rated:
A liter is 5% less than a quart.

rated:

rated:
DDoubleyou said:   Best Buy says its capacity is 4 liters... Everyone else says 2.5 liter.. Big difference. Does anyone own this already?

It is 4 liters or 4.2 quarts

rated:
  I just got it. It is going back as it is 2.5L

rated:
I just ordered this for $65 for 3.5L without tax on WalMart. com. No tax for california.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emeril-Lagasse-3-5qt-Air-Fryer-Pro-Plus-System-w-Accessories-Red/871635392?

rated:
ABearinLA said:   I just ordered this for $65 for 3.5L without tax on WalMart. com. No tax for california.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Emeril-Lagasse-3-5qt-Air-Fryer-Pro-Plus-System-w-Accessories-Red/871635392?

If sold by WalMart, you would be taxed.  This is sold by a third party SharpPrices, that's why you're not taxed.  Very good price tho.

rated:
ABearinLA said:   
  I just got it. It is going back as it is 2.5L

Thank you.. Glad I didn't pull trigger on this one...

rated:
ABearinLA said:   I just ordered this for $65 for 3.5L without tax on WalMart. com. No tax for california.
looks good in 3.5L, is better with a large capacity.

rated:
If It's a fryier why everybody compares it with a convection oven ? I use convection oven for baking and roasting only.  I'm confused.

The only food I fry is fish - I dip the fish fillets in a flour/water mixture and drop them in the pan with the boiling oil . Will this "hot air fryer" give me the same results like frying fish in a pan ?

rated:
simbat said:   If It's a fryier why everybody compares it with a convection oven ? I use convection oven for baking and roasting only.  I'm confused.

The only food I fry is fish - I dip the fish fillets in a flour/water mixture and drop them in the pan with the boiling oil . Will this "hot air fryer" give me the same results like frying fish in a pan ?

It's not a convection oven and it's not quite a fryer. People who say, "just use your convection oven", obviously have never used one. I've used mine pretty well. It works best (for me) on frozen, precoated foods: French fries, onion rings, cheese sticks, jalapeno poppers, pretzel bites. I plan on keeping hot and fresh super bowl snacks coming. However, following directions and youtube videos, I have also successfully made my own hand cut fries and fried chicken that was quite good - nicely dried out (fat rendered), crispy and tasty. I also find it very useful for resurrecting rolls that have passed their date - just 30 seconds in the air fryer and it's like they're fresh out of the oven. Also great for reheating pizza due to high temp. I like mine a lot - and I used a convection oven frequently in the past. You can coat fresh foods and air fry them - just look on youtube first. A can of PAM is useful here, too. Like mine enough that I ordered 3 for family. I have a 2.5 quart Bella. On the foods I mentioned, I find it far superior to a convection oven.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017